Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Weekly Randoms w/o 3/1

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 3/1

• Options
    Why does getting a vaccine appt have to be like the hunger games?!
  • Options
    @fameonmain2 it is so frustrating, honestly I was going to just not get mine until later because of that barrier. my stepmom, after two months of daily refreshing the appointment sites at midnight, managed to sign up her parents for their first dose but will have to do it all again for the second dose. I got lucky that my internship site was able to offer an internal sign up. this should not be this hard.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have no idea what that's like. I don't even know what phase we're on in our state/county. I think I saw that they (our county) don't want to broaden the eligibility until more 65+ people get vaccinated. They did just open a registry online to put yourself on the wait list when you become eligible and it's eventually going to be used to help schedule appointments for a limited number of places.

I'm still on the fence for when I will get it. *TW* I obviously don't really know, but I'm not risking getting a vaccine before getting KU if that's what caused my MC last year. Granted that was the live MMR vaccine and not at all similar to the covid vaccine. Frankly I'd rather wait until viability or until we know for sure the affects before or during PG before making the appointment to get it. *end TW*
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    I’m not too sure what it has been like in the States, but in Canada here, they just announced in my province that they would be delaying everyone’s second dose for up to 4 months...I haven’t seen the science backing any of this up yet but seems like a bit of a waste to essentially get more people half vaccinated than fully vaccinate everyone a bit more slowly...ugh. I would basically be last in light to be eligible anyways so not holding my breath, but just very confused by this approach.
  • Options
    @ronnie320 citation needed but I remember reading something recent about how a month or so after 1 dose of Pfizer or Moderna, the efficacy is something like 70-85% - not as high as when you get both doses but still higher than the J&J vax. maybe that's where it's coming from? It does still sound confusing.

@inthewoods23 *maybe TW I guess?*
    I had some very similar thoughts and feelings, mostly around wanting to get KU so badly that I didn't want to potentially make it any harder on myself. we simply don't have a lot of information. I asked my midwife about it and she basically reiterated that we just don't know for sure because the mRNA vax is so new. it's a hard choice in a hard situation, and you have to do what is right for you. <3

do you think you would be more comfortable with J&J since it is more similar to the standard flu vax (which we know is safe when PG)?
  • Options
    So I have just been trying for my family.. I’m the youngest of my extended family so my parents aunts and uncles are all 65+. I managed to get my parents vaccines a couple of weeks ago so that was a relief, but I had just found out that one of my uncles and aunts didn’t get an appt yet so I was working on that all day today. Happy to say I finally got them though!! But I am going to have a boatload of actual work to do tonight.

I’m eligible as of next week so I’m not even trying for me yet. 

@chgilmore @ronnie320 I will say the one thing my state has been good about is second doses. You either book the second dose while you’re booking the first or at the site when you get the first. It is such a relief to not have to go through that a second time. I really feel for those who have to or are unable to get that second dose. 
  • Options
    @chgilmore that's bananas, they should let them make the second appointment when they're at the first one because they have to get the second in a certain time period.
  • Options
    My state moved to purely age-based waves. So right now, anyone 55+ can get it. Mid-late march it opens for 45-54, mid April for 35-44, and early May for 16-34. Which means my husband will be able to get it a few weeks before me, and I'll be battling a HUGE number of people since my age bracket includes almost a 20-year range of ages. I'll definitely be refreshing the website at midnight the days both our age brackets are available.
  • Options
    pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited March 2021
    @inthewoods23 I am very hesitant to get the vaccine while TTC or while PG. I'm not anti-vax by any means, but I'm just not comfortable with it at all, especially being so new. Although I probably wouldn't get it even if it wasn't new. 🤷‍♀️ I'd wait until after the birth. 

ETA: I'm overly paranoid, details in spoiler.

*TW living child/health issues mentioned* 
    I also refused the TDAP and flu shot with my daughter until after she was born, because I just wasn't comfortable with it, so a new vax isn't making me feel much better.  She ended up with a major health concern when she was born, and while she's completely fine now (thank you, modern medicine), we'll never know what caused it and I still have a lot of guilt about it. I know I'm overly paranoid, and it probably wasn't anything I caused or any medicine I took, I just can't see myself taking a risk with something so unknown. (Yes, I know, COVID has a lot of unknowns too) I'll have the conversations with the appropriate drs if/when the time comes, but for now, I will wait. I'm so low risk right now since I WFH so there isn't a strong push for me to get one.
  • Options
    @chgilmore @pajamstagrams responses for both of you are in the spoiler since it's the same topic
    @chgilmore As far as I've heard, there doesn't appear to be any issues with getting the vaccine while PG or even TTC (and BFing for that matter). Like you said, there's just not enough information out there to know and yeah, it's a personal choice when/if to get it once it's been discussed with your doctor. I'm trying not to think about it too much as it may be summer by the time I would even be eligible and would hopefully be at least in the 2nd Tri by then. At that point I would definitely be more comfortable with considering it. I'm sure in the coming months there will be more solid info out there if there are potential issues. Currently my state is only administering the Moderna vaccine. Don't know if they will also go for the J&J one.

@pajamstagrams yeah I'm in the same boat. No major health issues, young-ish (ha), currently WFH full time unless it's absolutely necessary for me to go into the office, etc. - basically everything that could make me low risk. There's no need for me to get the vaccine ASAP so I'm not putting any plans on hold with TTC.

@fantasyflyte what about those with autoimmune issues/have whatever puts them in the high risk category? If you're 22 for example, do you have to wait until your age bracket become eligible even though you're high risk?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    rgn12rgn12 member
    edited March 2021
    Okay, so I was totally coming to here ask for the “randoms” if there was a thread already for discussion regarding the covid vaccine. How ironic that that is what is being discussed!

I am struggling majorly with this decision. I could probably get it right now, depending on where I went (because some ask specific questions like if you’re seeing patients in office and some don’t). I work in “healthcare” but I am doing 100% virtual visits currently. I know many people in my profession that have been able to get it. However, I am concerned about the lack of information about it. From everything that I read, it is “probably” fine. The “probably” makes me anxious.

Someone told me that the Pfizer vaccine is currently being studied in pregnant women (https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/946078 ). I am struggling with, should you get it before PG, during PG, or not at all? My comfort level would be to wait for more information, but I don’t want to make the “wrong” decision. I guess there is no “right” decision, but whatever the “best” decision is for each individual. This is so difficult, I am so torn.

It is super hard to talk about this with non-TTC people, so I am super appreciative for this space to hear other TTC opinions. 

ETA link that was provided to me!
  • Options
    @rgn12 there's an old Covid thread floating around a couple months back that was for all our Covid talk. If we think this is something we'll be discussing often over the next few weeks or months, might be worth bumping that up. Especially if anybody comes across some studies or articles related to the vaccine and pregnancy. I'd love to see that get posted.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    rgn12rgn12 member
    @inthewoods23 I would love to have that as a resource while I’m trying to decide! I scrolled back to late December and couldn’t find it, but I may have just missed it! 
  • Options
    My psychiatrist always refers me to Mother2Baby as a resource for all things meds while pregnant. They just updated the vaccine-related page yesterday: https://mothertobaby.org/fact-sheets/covid-19-vaccines/

FWIW, I'll be getting the vaccine as soon as I'm eligible but I'm at the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to eligibility. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• Options
    I understand everyone’s reservations! AFM I will get it as soon as I can get an appointment. I had whooping cough as a newborn and almost didn’t make it so it’s something that I know I want for me. 
  • Options
    pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited March 2021
    @rgn12 I thought I saw j&j was enrolling PG women and younger kids in studies soon too. 🤔 Can't remember the details though. 

ETA  tag: 

@inthewoods23 where I live, high risk conditions aren't age dependent. They're eligible right now.
  • Options
    rgn12rgn12 member
    @pajamstagrams good to know, thank you!!
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams that's what I thought most states were doing. After the 65+ age group they open it up to other high risk people regardless of their age.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @keikilove excellent insight; thank you for sharing. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022

• Options
    @keikilove interesting! 
    TW* MC and previous pregnancy
    I wonder if that's why my doctor wanted me to wait 2 months to try again with Letrozole after my loss in January. 

I am fully vaccinated (as of today actually! It's officially been 2 weeks since my 2nd dose) and honestly I'm so happy I did it. I have several KU coworkers right now and I was asking what their doctors were recommending about the vaccine while pregnant. One of them said that her OB and the fertility specialist were highly recommending it for their patients. Mine wasn't FWIW but it ended up being moot since I had a MC.
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 yep, they decided to do away with any expedited processing for essential workers or underlying conditions. Childcare/school workers got included in the same time as 55+, but from here on it's just age.
  • Options
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022