September 2021 Moms

Weekly Check-In 3/1, 9/16-9/30

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 
Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
Upcoming appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: What’s your #1 bucket list item? (Completed or not!)

Re: Weekly Check-In 3/1, 9/16-9/30

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9W6D

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a gum ball

Upcoming appointments: March 10

How are you feeling?:
    pretty good! I feel like the exhaustion is waning..I'm still going to bed before 8pm, but at least I am managing better in the evenings 

Rants/Raves:
    tomorrow we have parent teacher conferences until 8:30pm and I'm DREADING it! Not only does it suck to be at work for over 12 hours...but I also don't get to see the kiddos, have to pump extra times, and spring parent teacher conferences generally have super low attendance (especially with upper class-men which I only teach) so it's just so much wasted time! Also..the parents I really need to talk to are never the parents that actually show up...instead it's a lot of "you're kids is awesome" conversations.

Questions:
    Is anyone planning any fun summer trips before baby comes?? We have 3 trips planned so far.. - trip to the Great Sand Dunes in June, Camping at Yellowstone for a week in July, and a big extended family trip to a cabin in the middle of nowhere Texas in August. They are all family trips and I'd like to get maybe a quick getaway with just DH and I planned since we haven't had any alone trips in over 2 years (in fact our last trip we went on alone we had just decided to start trying to baby #2!) 

GTKY: What’s your #1 bucket list item? (Completed or not!) definitely to visit all the national parks (but I don't think it will happen..so as many as I can!). By the end of this summer we will have at least 9 checked off (Mesa Verde, Grand Canyon, Carlsbad Caverns, Petrified Forest, Big Bend, Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Rocky Mountain, Yellowstone, Great Sand Dunes) We love camping and hiking so it's more like a family bucket list item - but there are a few that are pretty tough and expensive to get too. 
  • Lurking! @chewie5990 we went to Yosemite for our honeymoon and I would definitely recommend going there next!! We used to rock climb before having kids and we were just in awe of the granite formations. Such a cool place!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/16, 11wk4d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: brussels sprout

Upcoming appointments: Friday! yay!

How are you feeling?: Better, I even stopped taking unisom, and didn't feel 100% today, but still way better, so unless things take a turn, I think I'm done with the meds, which feels good.
    Rants/Raves: Stupid rant: Our new king mattress came, and DH has already decided after not even 2 full nights sleeping on it that he doesn't like it, and I haven't even gotten to sleep on it at all since I've been "stuck" in DS's room still. We got a new 2-camera baby monitor today, and DS says he'll let me sleep in my own room with the monitor since he can talk to me through it and knows I can hear him and talk back. We'll try tonight. I know it's not DH's fault that he doesn't like the mattress, but it's such a pain to get a new mattress on a bed, that I'm miffed at the thought of having to do it all over again and figure out the refund process of the one we just bought. I hope he gives it more of a chance and that time will change his mind.

Questions:

GTKY: What’s your #1 bucket list item? (Completed or not!) This changes all the time. It was hike the AT for awhile, but I've given up on that, now it's to be bareboat-certified so we can vacation on a catamaran by ourselves!

@chewie5990 We've rescheduled a family trip to DC several times in the past year, and now it's planned for June. I really hope we can go! We'll also be doing lots of weekend trips to my parents' lakehouse over the summer, but those are much more casual and sometimes last-minute.
  • @chewie5990 I’m hoping DH decides to take us all to Hawaii again. I went the last time I was pregnant too and after this long winter I need some hot sandy beaches in my life! 

@Aerialmrs I hope y’all get the mattress thing figured out. You need a good one. I keep telling DH we are due for a new one but then he starts talking about getting a Costco one and then I give him a look of disgust and end the conversation. lol, I don’t want to go down from what I have because I love ours. I sleep so good on it. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: aug 16/ 11w4d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: plum 

Upcoming appointments: I’m getting blood drawn this afternoon, an US this Thursday, another US next Thursday followed by a PT appointment to get ahead of any hip issues. Wow, that is a lot. 

How are you feeling?: I have actually have waves of really intense nausea that has hit me hard. For the most part I feel good though. 

Rants/Raves: We went down to the beach today to see the ice that the ocean has pushed up. The kids had a blast climbing but it was bitter cold. 

Questions:

GTKY: What’s your #1 bucket list item? (Completed or not!) I don’t really have a bucket list. I guess I’m boring in that sense. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/23 10+5

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: 🍓 

Upcoming appointments: 12 week scan on 3/15

How are you feeling?: I was doing better on energy, less nausea so that’s better!

Rants/Raves: why am I the most impatient person? I did NIPT bloodwork last Thursday and I’m anxiously obsessing waiting on results. 

Questions: no 

GTKY: What’s your #1 bucket list item? (Completed or not!) Disney world and we are going next month!!!
  • @chewie5990 DH and I are thinking of leaving DD with my mom at the end of may and jetting off to Mexico to stay at our favorite resort there for our 5 year wedding anniversary! I follow the resort on Instagram and their covid precautions have been absolutely stellar, so I’m feeling pretty solid about it as long as I continue to feel well. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: EDD 9/20, 11 weeks today! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A lime! 

Upcoming appointments: Meeting one of my new OBs tomorrow! It’s a new office, and there are 4 docs who rotate. I’ll eventually meet them all. Then on Thursday, we have genetic counseling with maternal fetal medicine via zoom call... and my 12 week nuchal scan on March 11th! So happy to have all these appointments this month. Makes me feel better! 

How are you feeling?: honestly can’t complain. It’s been a good 1st trimester. I have constant anxiety because of DDs birth defects. Always worried about this baby’s health.... but that’s classic PTSD for ya. Sometimes I lurk on the PGAL thread and even though I’ve never experienced a loss, I often empathize with the worries you all in that group carry. 

Rants/Raves: DD turned two today and I’m feeling all the emotions!!! Time has really flown. I miss how tiny she was but I love to watch her grow into this little spitfire just as much. 

Questions: NATM! 

GTKY: What’s your #1 bucket list item? (Completed or not!) I studied musical theatre in college and I performed professionally off Broadway and in regional productions for several years in the actors equity union before DH and I really “settled down”. I’d love to cross a Broadway show off my bucket list, but I’d have to get back into the industry first! 
  • @muggsd Yosemite is definitely on the top of our list! 

@sleepydaze I had DS2 in May at the height of COVID craziness and DH was the only person allowed at the hospital (also c-section so we were there for 3 days) and DH wasn't allowed to leave or he wouldn't be allowed back. At first I was kinda upset about it, but it ended up being great! And honestly...after chasing around a little all day everyday during quarantine..the hospital stay with just the 2 of us and a brand new little baby that mostly just slept was..I hate to say it..relaxing. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/27, 10+1

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a strawberry (appropriate because I've been eating my weight in them lately)

Upcoming appointments: NIPT on 3/19. Seems forever away...

How are you feeling?: I'm starting to have sporadic days where I'm not sick which is so awesome. Anyone else? The other days I feel like I'm back to square one, but I'll take what I can get. My energy is definitely returning too. I was actually able to get some exercise in for the first time since January.  

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: anyone else having really bad hot flashes/sweats? 

GTKY: What’s your #1 bucket list item? (Completed or not!) - I'd love to take my family to Europe for an extended vacation. I spent a semester in Bath, England and visited a few times after that. I really fell in love with the area. I would love to take my family there, and tour all the places I could - England, Scotland, France, Italy. It's going to happen someday.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10+2, 9/26
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a chocolate truffle!
    Upcoming appointments: Phone intake today and first in person on Friday!
    How are you feeling?: Tired and cranky but at least the nausea seems a tad better. Finally. I ate an actual lunch yesterday!
    Rants/Raves: The kids woke up way too early today, and I actually stayed awake to watch tv last night so bad plan on my part 🙄 
    Questions: Anyone else feel possible round ligament pain already?
    GTKY: What’s your #1 bucket list item? (Completed or not!) I’d love to travel, DH wants to go to Ireland. I’d like to take the kids to Turks and Caicos to this resort my friend from work went to! I do have a small summer bucket list for this summer, hopefully we’ll be able to do some of it!

@chewie5990 we’re supposed to head back up to the fingerlakes in NY this summer and have our annual beach trip!

@sleepydaze I also try to have daily outside time, the kids go nuts if they don’t play outside. Yesterday we didn’t make them go out in the rain and it was too much inside, they were bouncing off the walls.

@arrowmama have fun!! I want to take the kiddos down there sometime!

@kissyfir1586 I have sporadic hours when I feel fine nausea wise, some days are better than others! Still really tired. But funny you mentioned sweats because I woke up the other night all cold and sweaty, I just remember that happening post partum and not during last time
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  Due 9/23 11w 3d
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: This is my third baby so who’s tracking that at this point?? Haha!
    Upcoming appointments: OB appt on 3/11
    How are you feeling?: Symptoms wise I feel great, but this morning I got an email that my NIPT results are ready and my doctor is reviewing. So I have to sit nervously all day until they call me. I’m a wreck! 
    Rants/Raves: DH possibly broke his foot a couple days ago and I’m trying to get him to go to the doctor! Gosh I swear men can be so stubborn!
    Questions: anybody else struggling with pregnancy anxiety? Seems like it’s been especially rough this time around- I’m sure COVID plays into it too.
    GTKY: What’s your #1 bucket list item? Going to Japan someday! (Completed or not!)
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9-19 / 11 +2

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a profiterole (my grammy loves profiteroles so this comparison makes me really happy)

Upcoming appointments: Next Tuesday for NIPT with MFM, and next Thursday for first monthly with OB

How are you feeling?: Starting to feel like my old self.  Nausea is much less often, mostly when I haven’t been eating. And the last two days I’ve actually had energy

Rants/Raves: I ordered a custom cake for my son’s Birthday and they just sent an email saying I haven’t paid the 50% deposit to secure the cake so they are going to cancel if I don’t pay by end of day.  I sent them an email Friday saying I hadn’t gotten the invoice for the deposit yet and I have yet to hear back on that, today’s email was not on our original email chain and was on its own.  I have a meeting in 10 minutes, but will definitely be calling afterwards to get this squared away.  It wouldn’t bother me so much but I followed up Friday because something seemed off. Grrr.

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What’s your #1 bucket list item? (Completed or not!) There’s tons of vacations and things that I would like to do, but my big bucket list dream is to buy back my childhood home to let my dad live there.  We bought that house when the development was going up, and it was my dad’s baby.  When my brother was going through a tough divorce my dad sold the house to help my brother pay for attorney fees. Now my dad rents an apartment with his wife and always talks about how much he misses that house. It’s my one dream to buy that house back for him.

• @mybigfatgreekfetus sooo much pregnancy anxiety here! 
  • @chewie5990 we don’t have any big trips planed, but we’ll probably go camping a few times before summer’s out.

@Aerialmrs I hope you’re able to convince your husband to give the mattress a bit more of a try.  Sometimes uncomfortable the first few days is just your body adjusting to being better supported when sleeping.

@sleepydaze Glad telling your family went well!  I completely feel you on no outside time causing crazy kids.  Mine’s almost 9 and runs with me often, so on the gross days when I don’t want to be the mean mom forcing him outside he takes some time to run on the treadmill and get his energy out.  If he’s not in the mood for treadmill I have him do Cosmic Kids yoga a few times during the day to help. The yoga is never as good as just outside, but its definitely better than if he was just cooped up inside without purposefully moving his body.

@arrowmama I will be equally as impatient when awaiting results.  In this world where we get so many answers instantly waiting has become a real struggle.  Also, jealous of your DW trip! We go every few years, even with protocols in place I hear it is still magical!

@runningonindie that sounds like a great getaway! I like your diligence in checking on the hotel’s precautions as well.

@kissyfir1586 I feel like we’re on the same page for feeling better and energy. Yesterday was the first day I’ve been able to work out since mid-January, and the last three days I haven’t been getting tired until its around 7 or 8 which seems reasonable (though still early for me).  I’ve gotten a few hot flashes but mostly later in the day as im thinking about heading to bed. Not sure if there’s a correlation with that.

@whatabout2ndbreakfast I’ve had a few instances where I go “was that just RLP” but then I shake my head and tell myself I must be crazy.

@mybigfatgreekfetus I had shitty circumstances surrounding my last pregnancy so I definitely had more anxiety then. However, I definitely have pregnancy anxiety this time around too.  I think a decent amount of it has to do with COVID.

• sleepydazesleepydaze member
    edited March 2021
    @grizzlymama86 that is just the sweetest dream I have ever heard! ❤ also I love that your kiddo excercises with you. I think I've accidentally programmed DD to want to excercise daily so I'm hoping we can do things like that when she's older.

@chewie5990 thanks for the headsup! I love DH dearly and he's a great hubby and dad, but seriously he is not helpful in any nursing situations (ironically he's great at first aid though). For babies 1 and 2 he switched out with my mom after 1 day in the hospital, which we all were happy about. 
    ETA: I wanted to kick him out early so he could go home and help with the kids but just realized I need help getting the baby in the car seat from the mat ward to the car. Darn.
  • @whatabout2ndbreakfast yes I have been having terrible RLP when I turn a certain way etc. Been having RLP for about 1-2 weeks now I think. 
  • @grizzlymama86 I thought the same thing! Like definitely don’t remember it this early but that’s what it feels like! @sleepydaze yes! I’ve been trying to not twist 
  • kissyfir1586kissyfir1586 member
    edited March 2021
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast I have definitely been feeling RLP already. I notice it when trying to get up from a laying position and sometimes when I'm doing alot of walking or standing too. Seems so early but my body is not handling baby #3 very well, so par for the course...
  • Sorry I’m super late responding this week! 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/20, 11+3 today

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a lime

Upcoming appointments: my 12 week appointment in next Tuesday!

How are you feeling?: My nausea has greatly decreased! I’m still randomly throwing up (with little to no warning), but the constant nausea is almost gone. My breast are super sore and I’m having terrible round ligament pain. Also, I’m super congested.

Rants/Raves: I have the day off work tomorrow because our boys bball team made it to the state tournament and they canceled school so kids could go to the game! Wahoo! And our weather is getting so nice! Spring is coming!

Questions: none

GTKY: What’s your #1 bucket list item? (Completed or not!) I’ve completed my top 2 bucket list items already- go skydiving and run a marathon. I ran my second marathon last April. It was turned into a virtual marathon and it was probably the hardest thing I’ve ever done (maybe second to childbirth... maybe)! My next item is to renew our wedding vows in Ireland! We’re thinking our 15 year anniversary which is in 4 years!

@chewie5990 DH and I were just discussing a babymoon last night! We were thinking the end of June, over our 11th anniversary! No idea where yet, but we definitely want to do something!

@sleepydaze I am loving our warmer weather! We are going to be in the 50’s this weekend- literally a 70 degree temperature increase from 2 weeks ago!

@whatabout2ndbreakfast I’m having really bad round ligament pain. Whenever I sneeze I feel like my lower side is being stabbed!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker