Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL w/o 3.1

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage, selective termination due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? 

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

Questions? 

GTKY: What did you say you wanted to be when you grew up? Is that what you're doing now or are you doing something different?
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: TTCAL w/o 3.1

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.
    1 loss Jan 2021 - suspected blighted ovum

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well?
    Things are still going okay. I'm still in my first cycle since my MC in mid-January and can't stop torturing myself by lurking my old BMB which I know is negatively affecting my mental health. I did take big steps towards improving my physical health this week though with tracking my food and making better eating choices. I'm down almost 4 pounds this week just from changing my habits (and not eating my feelings) so that's encouraging! I'm taking this benched/NTNP time to try and work on myself mentally and physically. I am feeling slightly disconnected from TTGP though which I'm also struggling with. I've been having a hard time reading the dailies and IF thread and being as supportive as I'd like to be. Anyone else deal with that?

Nope.

Questions? Nope

GTKY: What did you say you wanted to be when you grew up? Is that what you're doing now or are you doing something different?
    Hahaha well when I was about 5, I wanted to be a cat when I grew up and my younger sister was going to be my baby cat so obviously things didn't work out in that department 🤣🤣🤣. I figured out around middle school that I wanted to be a music teacher and that's exactly what I am.  
  • @gingermama29 lol that's so cute about wanting to be a cat. I guess DH had a period of time of acting like a tiger so.... kids haha. We were all so weird. It's so hard to not want to go back to the BMBs, but sometimes you gotta just quit cold turkey. TBH I sometimes don't even like seeing their updates :'(

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. 1st loss Oct 2020 at 8 weeks

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? DH is sick at the start of FW so that's just great. I think he'll be on the mend by the time it really matters. I'm trying not to think about where I should be had the MC not happened or thinking about every other person that is KU. It gets really hard when you start thinking "even if I were to get KU now, that person's current pregnancy/young child will be X months/years old by the time I have my kid". It's really hard not to think these things.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Starting OPKs tomorrow, whoopie!

Questions? none

GTKY: What did you say you wanted to be when you grew up? Is that what you're doing now or are you doing something different? I think I used to say I wanted to be a teacher or a doctor. You know, the typical things kids would say when they were 6. It wasn't until my junior year of HS that I realized I wanted to be an engineer. It's been pleasant for the most part haha. I can tell I have that little bit of teacher in me though with some of what I'm doing. I like the idea of training people on what our products are and what they're for. There are lots of changes going on so that may eventually get to be my set of responsibilities. We'll see!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @gingermama29 I sometimes lurk on my old BMB too (I think it I was actually in yours too??). I also found myself lurking on my “possible” BMB during TWW just in case. I think that made it worse too. 😔

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. 1 loss @ 5 weeks in Dec ‘20

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? AF came so kind of disappointed. Although I was getting BFN for days prior... Overall, I am doing okay though considering. My hubby has been really great, he’s just kept reassuring me that it’s okay and we can just try again. That helps for sure. I want a big fat glass of wine, now that I know for sure! 

Any testing coming up/any recent results?  Just OPKs when it gets closer. I need to work on not testing so early this cycle, it was bad for my mental health testing from 8DPO. 

Questions? None 

GTKY: What did you say you wanted to be when you grew up? Is that what you're doing now or are you doing something different? I used to play teacher all the time as a kid, and I did go to college to become a teacher. However, it wasn’t my passion and what I thought it would be like so I quit after five years, went to grad school, and now I’m in a new profession. I absolutely love my job now, and ironically it was my second choice when I was a senior in HS. I wouldn’t change anything about the path I took though, because I met my husband and learned so much that still applies to my new career. 
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.
    TFMR at 15 weeks in April 2020, MC at 8 weeks in November 2020

Waiting for FET

Doing ok. I keep thinking about what to do after transfer. Will I keep working out or take it easy because I don't want to risk it? My current eating pattern makes me apprehensive about that, haha. But I figure once we hit 2nd trimester (fingers crossed everything sticks of course) then I'll be ok about stuff like that. 

Saline ultrasound this Thursday. 

Questions? 
    Nope

So I've been thinking about this, and I can't remember what I wanted to be when I was a kid! The only things I remember are ideas when I was a teenager. At first, I wanted to be a rock star, and here's something funny: I kind  of was on my way to being that in college! I mean, who knows how things could've worked out if my band had stayed together, but we had some pretty solid contacts that had we really busted our ass and had a ton of luck, who knows? But it just wasn't for me in the end, so I left. 

In early college, I wanted to be a lawyer in the Navy (thanks, A Few Good Men!) but the band took me away from that path.

In the end, I left the band to become a teacher, which was something that was never on my radar, but I ended up absolutely loving it. 
    MMC 14 weeks Sept 2017 (plus severe hemorrhage that almost killed me)
    MMC 10 weeks July 2018
    Chemical 4.5 weeks Sept 2020
    MC 6.5 weeks January 2021

I don't know. I turned 42 on the weekend and I'm questioning if it's worth continuing to TTC. I change my mind daily as to what the right decision is. I'm trying to just focus on losing the extra lbs I've been carrying around from all the losses and not focusing on TTC.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope

Questions? Nope

GTKY: What did you say you wanted to be when you grew up? Is that what you're doing now or are you doing something different? I wanted to be a marine biologist...definitely not what I'm doing now:)
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @Panaceia ❤️❤️❤️