Weekly Randoms - 2.22

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Weekly Randoms - 2.22

• I have nothing to share bc pandemic life is so boring.  I need it to be summer so badly!.
  • I just got a kindle! So now the question is.

What books do I need to be reading? What have you read lately that you enjoyed?
  • Loading the player...
  • @vampirina I only read YA, so I’m probably not the best person to offer suggestions. 🙈
    TTC History

• @vampirina Some of my favorites I read last year: The Glass Castle, What Alice Forgot, A Man Called Ove, Before We Were Yours, Educated, One Day in December, Where the Crawdads Sing, The Things We Cannot Say :)
  • What happened to TB?! I just read on the first tri board that “a lot went down a couple years ago” so TB community has changed a lot... who has the DL?! (Clearly bored and need something to entertain me! 🙃) Someone spill the tea. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cait32, that makes sense. I was on TB with my first back in 2013, then again after my second in 2016. I don’t remember it being this quiet back in 2016, but the additional baby apps/websites makes sense. I also feel like it can be harsh sometimes if people don’t know what/when to say or ask something in the “right way”. I know it’s really not that hard to figure it out, and people should take the time to read the rules and procedures, but I do still feel kind of bad when people get attacked for asking or posting something... even if it is a major eye roll post. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • vampirinavampirina member
    edited February 2021
    @Cait32 @OneRainDrop when I was here in 2016, TB also had a terrible reputation for cattyness and bullying, which I get. I think TTGP back in the day created a few private groups that really started a lot of drama. Most of the BMBs were pretty tame, but the boards that had more turnover were pretty voracious.  I feel like you're right, Cait32,  that people used to get super attacked when they mess up, but it seems a lot more polite now. Like hey! Welcome! Post this in the intro thread so more people see it!

Personally I like the board organization so we can really get to know each other and the anonymity.  My first bmb moved to Facebook and I love that, but it was important to me to have some sort of background/connection before becoming un-anonymous.

I've actually been wondering if that's why we have so few FTMs! It seems like everyone had good experiences in the past and came back rather than being complete newcomers. There's so many more options and the community is really hidden within the bump app so I'm sure others aren't finding it as easily. 
  • The community is beyond hidden! You’re right, @vampirina. I actually thought it was gone because I couldn’t find it for so long. If you don’t know it’s here, I’m not sure how you’d find it. 

There totally was a lot of bullying/aggressive posts back in the day. I just knew what topics to avoid to stay out of it! Haha 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @OneRainDrop i was reading talking points about vaccinations progress and started BAWLING because my emotions are definitely all over the place. 
  • @OneRainDrop to be fair, it is pretty incredible!

• @heatherdubrow, totally! I didn’t even know it had happened, so clearly space travel isn’t something I normally geek out to, but it definitely made me feel all the feelings! 

@vampirina hormones man! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • One of the kids at my children's daycare is throwing a birthday party at school for the whole school (its a very very small school)  and they are SO excited about it. They woke up practicing the happy birthday song, got dressed quickly (that never happens) and basically rushed out the door to the party. I hope it's a good day for them!

In other very random randoms, I need to shower so desperately but I don't want to deal with the post shower I'm all wet situation even though it only lasts for 5 minutes.  The weirdest thing. 
  • My pandemic life is so boring, I never have any interesting "randoms" to share. At least it's Friday!

• The hubster and I went for a walk with the dogs yesterday, I couldn't even get a half a mile in when my round ligament just threw in the towel and said NOPE!
    Thank God, tomorrow's Saturday. I can sleeeeeeep!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Apparently I'm full of randoms. 

I just booked a private playtime for my 2 kiddos at the local childrens museum and im so excited! Its not till the end of March, but they seriously had so much (safe!) fun when we did this a few weeks ago. And omehow all the happy excitement made my pregnancy hormones and symptoms calm down for a minute, so that's a good bonus! 
  • tingsmomtingsmom member
    edited February 2021
    @vampirina Unlike you I really want to shower. Like all the time.  I showered last night and I want to shower again right now.  It's weird. Partly weird because prior to pregnancy I was not like this.  
  • @galentine same. We literally don’t do anything!
  • I’m just here to complain about COVID. The pregnancy fatigue kicked in yesterday and between that and the COVID symptoms, I’m so over it all
    TTC History

• @vampirina anything by Kristin Hannah is amazing she’s a great author. I just also finished Untamed by Glennon Doyle. I am also a big fan of any Jodi Picoult book. 

@tingsmom I am obsessed with taking a bath. Like every single night. 

Anyone else like always freaking cold? I naturally run warmer so I am always dying of heat but literally I cannot stay warm I am always wrapped in a blanket while trying to work all day. This is probably why I have an interest in taking baths all the time 
  • @bcliffee1 when I’m in the first trimester I tend to be extra hot during the day if I’m running around with the kids but then in the evenings I get FREEZING almost like that sick chills feeling. Oh hormones lol 
  • (Name changed from Lyndsay)
    @chindimples04 I’m so sorry you are going through this. I hope your COVID ordeal ends soon.
  • @bcliffee1 I love Jodi’s book small great things! So good! Also I think feeling cold is also why I want to shower so much. I feel so much colder than normal. 

@chindimples04 I hope you and your family is back to healthy soon. That way you only have normal pregnancy symptoms.  

@mac-n-cheese I like the new name. Just don’t change your picture for a bit then I might forget your lyndsay! 😉
  • I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one feeling cold. I've been freezing, especially in the evenings. So strange!