Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Weekend 2.27-2.28

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R:

GTKY: Rather win the lottery or work at the perfect job? 

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Weekend 2.27-2.28

• Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 29

WAYDTGKU: cm, bbt, opks, cinnamon supplements

R/R: Simple weekend, just a little homework and housework, nothing special. Husband and I are both off tomorrow which will be nice, even though we had to cancel our plans to have lunch at my parents' house because it's going to rain and we're all not comfortable gathering inside until we're all vaccinated.

GTKY: Rather win the lottery or work at the perfect job? Perfect job, hands down. I've heard so many horror stories of people whose lives were ruined after winning the lottery, plus I know that I'd drive myself crazy not working at all because I'd end up never leaving the house and my mental health would nosedive.

CS/Q: big temp drop today, and even though yesterday's OPK was close-but-not-quite-positive, I'm thinking I surged overnight Thursday into Friday and ovulated overnight last night or this morning, since I had some ovulation pain last evening and a very negative OPK this afternoon. Fingers crossed for a temp jump tomorrow. We should be getting another BD in tonight, so that would put us on O-2 and O, I think. Unless it counts as O-1 and O+1. Either is good, really, as long as I really am Oing.

• @fantasyflyte Sorry that your family lunch plans were cancelled. Disappointing
    for sure, but you’re all definitely better safe than sorry. My brother just got his vaccine but cancelled his small family birthday gathering for the same reason as you.// Agreed that you have good timing this FW either way. Hope you get that temp spike tomorrow to confirm!

Month/Cycle: 33/?

CD: 14, but it feels like CD34...

WAYDTGKU: Frozen Embryo Transfer is finally scheduled for this Monday morning! It’s a Day3 embryo, so it’s as if I ovulated yesterday.  

R/R: Rave: I was going to have a busy & productive day but it’s storming here—super windy & rainy, flash flood warnings. So I’m content to stay inside and be productive at home. (While watching tv, hahaha.) 

GTKY: Rather win the lottery or work at the perfect job? The lottery! As long as it was a very large amount of money that could last my lifetime. Then I could spend my free time doing all the things/work projects I want to do on a volunteer or for-fun basis. The aspect of work that I hate most is someone else telling me when to report, what days to work, etc. If I never had to deal with that again I’d be in heaven. 

CS/Q: No chart right now 

• Loading the player...
  • @fantasyflyte @keikilove you / your families are doing the right thing cancelling plans. The vaccine is effective against symptoms of Covid. It’s doesn’t preclude you from being a carrier of the virus!

@fantasyflyte hopefully you did O; the chart is hard to read. Then again, you had a pretty disruptive cycle. 🤞🏻

@keikilove you’re in MX now right? I am getting thrown off by your mentions of house work. I’m so excited for you!!! Gah!

Month/Cycle: 13/14

CD: 22

WAYDTGKU: natural cycle while doing more diagnostic testing, HIO, bbt, OPKs, supplements blah blah blah blah 

R/R: we’ve been having an amazing winter in SF! of course, this mean little to no rain, so we’re way behind our annual averages which doesn’t bode well of this years fire season. Alas, I’m taking advantage of it. I’ve been going on walks every day this week party for exercise partly to be with my thoughts about my grandma. It’s been really nice that way. 

I finally folded 4 loads of laundry that have been collecting dust for a week. I like to do housework while listening to TEW. 

I’m also meal planning this weekend as MH and I are doing a round of Whole30. I’ve gained like 10-12lbs in the last 3-4 months and I don’t feel great about that. 

GTKY: Rather win the lottery or work at the perfect job? I love my job now, and I would still prefer not working (ergo, lottery) so I can do side projects and such. I’m pretty investment savvy and coming from humble beginnings wouldn’t waste $ on stupid shit (well within reason) so I don’t think I’d run out of money like some ppl who win the lottery do.

CS/Q: Sharp temp spike today which means I did O yesterday. Gonna hang here in WTO until CHs which will likely happen on Mon or Tu. 

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @keikilove @acleverusername oooh! what personal projects would you do?

@fantasyflyte fingers crossed you O'd!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 2 

WAYDTGKU: BBT, advanced digital OPK, CM and position monitoring, prenatal

R/R: I got my first dose of the COVID vaccine yesterday and physically I feel like garbage. Also, why are car salesmen so skeevy?

GTKY: For me it's perfect job. I love being a therapist and derive great meaning from that work. I feel very lucky and privileged to be married to someone who can support me not earning money while I'm in school, which also means I won't have to ever work a 40/hr work week (full time for therapists is 20-25 client hours [50 min clinical hours] a week anyway).

CS/Q: none, too early

• keikilovekeikilove member
    edited February 2021
    @acleverusername Wow, you’re having a very productive weekend! Those daily walks sound so nice. Your timing looks good despite everything that’s been going on— hopefully it pays off!// You are right: I should be in MX right now, but I came home after the first monitoring appointment. I thought the doc would have me do more monitoring appointments but when she did the baseline this past week she said everything looked perfect and I didn’t have to return to the clinic until transfer on Monday. Instead of wasting money on hotels & restaurant meals & being away from home, I decided to spend the time in my own house. I’m grateful I have enough frequent flyer miles to make this do-able!// P.S. MH is in the process of moving his office into the garage this weekend! He’s halfway finished now. I can’t help but think that reading your post to him out loud about YH moving his office to the garage helped shift MH’s mindset, so thank you.😉

@chgilmore Wow, you are super lucky to have a spouse who can support you in that way! Hopefully it keeps you from feeling any burnout in the future. Those of us who provide those kinds of human services to others— teachers, nurses, counselors—often take on so much of the stress that comes with the job supporting others through difficult things. It’s super important to take care of yourself too.// If I had a huge amount of money I’d do a lot of different careers for shorter amounts of time. A lot of philanthropy in education, run for politics to bring about real change, and my ultimate dream of doing something in peace-keeping and girls’ rights around the world. And I’d travel a ton if I wasn’t tied down to a job. I’m a gypsy in my heart (and in my genes). 
    ETA: @chgilmore I hope the side effects from your shot subside quickly! 

• @fantasyflyte I hope you O’d!! Seems like great timing either way!

@keikilove that’s so exciting!!! Will be sending all the good thoughts and positive vibes your way on Monday!! 

@acleverusername that’s nice about the weather! I am so sorry for your loss, I lurked the other board and saw the news and sending the best to you and your family. It also sounds like you have been so productive, I am so impressed!! 

@chgilmore yay for first dose, nay for feeling like garbage, hopefully that’s termporary!

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, HIO, PNV

R/R: still binging Outlander haha, highly recommend if you don’t mind some sensitive content (think HBO/Game of Thrones). 

GTKY: Rather win the lottery or work at the perfect job?  Ooooh good question! I think win the lottery! MH and I have always dreamed of taking off and living somewhere abroad so that would be pretty amazing. 

CS/Q: nothing exciting 

• @ronnie320 Thanks for the positive wishes for Monday, I appreciate it! And YES to Outlander—it is sooooo good! Enjoy!
  • @keikilove eyy fellow gypsy! <3 those personal projects sound so big in your heart.
    @ronnie320 YES OUTLANDER! I've been thinking about starting a Starz trial just to binge the seasons not on Netflix xD
  • Hopping over here after AF arrived...

Month/Cycle: 7/2AL

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, PNV

R/R: Even though I’m super disappointed about AF/BFN, I am also happy that my cycle this month was almost “normal for me” length-wise (31 days). Trying to focus on the positive! 

GTKY: Rather win the lottery or work at the perfect job? Lottery, so I can do what I love for work while also enjoying life without as much financial stress! 

CS/Q: none 

• Alright I've giving up on responding to people so I'm just going to update 😅

Month/Cycle: 4 AL

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: the usual

R/R: well I'm not productive at all this weekend 🤷‍♀️ I need to wash all our dishes and maybe do some laundry today so I can at least feel a little accomplished today.

GTKY: Rather win the lottery or work at the perfect job? I need routine in my life so I'd definitely prefer the perfect job. Lottery would be nice though so there's never a worry in spending to just go on a vacation.

CS/Q: 
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @Panaceia Happy birthday! I just turned 39, so I have some idea about how you feel. That ticking clock SUCKS. Please try to think positively. Easier said than done, I know. Just trying to send you some love. Hopefully you were able to do something special today? Or at least hopefully you had a nice, relaxing day. 

Month/Cycle: 13/lost count

CD: I dunno, 14? 

WAYDTGKU: Waiting for FET

R/R: Still at my in-laws house, and I've spent hours since I've been here working on puzzles and drinking coffee. It's been awesome.  

GTKY: Rather win the lottery or work at the perfect job? That's so tough, because my perfect job was my old job - I was a high school teacher. But it pays crap, so it's hard to pass up the dough. 

CS/Q: Nope

• rgn12rgn12 member
    @Panaceia Happy Birthday! 🎉 I was hoping to see you get out of here too. Maybe this cycle is the one, I sure hope so! ❤️
  • @rgn12 sorry that AF arrived but I like your attitude of focusing on the things you can control. It will happen for you! 

@inthewoods23 it’s okay to have an unproductive weekend! Weekends are supposed to be for relaxing. But I know the guilty, “you haven’t don’t anything” feeling all too well.

@Panaceia Happy Birthday to you! Even at 42, you probably have a golden egg or 2 left in there. Have hope! Are you taking all of the egg quality vitamins? 

@lisa3379 how long are you sticking around at your in-laws? Do you have a date for the transfer yet?

Sorry for the late tags... I was a busy bee today!
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @acleverusername We're coming back home Tuesday evening, so we'll have been here for a full week. Then I have my saline ultrasound on Thursday, then hopefully a transfer by the end of the month? Date TBA. 

Busyness is good! How was your day, what all did you do? 
  • @Panaceia Happy Birthday! I hope you had a good one! I’velso been blessed with a lot of birthdays too😉 so definitely know how you feel. Personally, I believe we’ve got plenty of good eggs left. If you haven’t already, read the book It Starts With The Egg. In particular, check out Ubiquinol, DHEA, Resveratrol, PQQ, Pterostilbene, and NMN/TruNiagen for supplements that increase cell energy/ reverse aging in eggs.💗