October 2021 Moms

What my Pregnant Self is Eating - February

Anyone having any cravings or aversions this early on? Anything out of the ordinary?
TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: What my Pregnant Self is Eating - February

• 🤢🤢🤢 don’t give me eggs. 🤮🤮🤮 They sound so awful and are making me nauseous just typing this.
    TTC History

• @cait32 that sounds really yummy! My first trimester with DS2 was mostly before covid so i still took DS1 lots of fun places and would get myself breakfast sandwiches a lot! Now between COVID, the snow, being a SAHM and having a 2.5 yo and 5 month old I like never leave the house 😩
  • Loading the player...
  • I could sit and munch on green apples all day. Of course DH just went to Costco and picked up a giant pack of pink lady apples and is quite proud of himself. At least DS likes the apples...

And peanut butter is just so satisfying right now. I wouldn't call either of these things craving, but I pretty much eat them daily.

I'm just going to assume I have an aversion lamb, but I'm not going to test out my theory. It was my only aversion with DS and my surrogacy.
  • @aztecash I think peanut butter is giving me heartburn. I had a PB and J earlier and I’ve had heartburn ever since. Which is sad because I love peanut butter and it’s my go to morning protein since eggs are a no go right now
    TTC History

• Everything is giving me indigestion. Not heartburn necessarily but shortly after I eat, I start burping and hiccupping and coughing up acid. It doesn't help that we're snowed in here in Central Texas and without power or water, fresh food and perishables are nonexistent. So a lot of toast, pb&j (and I hate peanut butter), granola bars, canned fruit and soup. And Tums.
  • Living off of sausage egg and cheese on English muffins. And yogurt. Aside from that I cannot stomache coffee at all and have zero interest in it which is not like me. 

I had a pretty bad meat aversion with my last pregnancy specifically chicken and hoping I can at least stomache some. No issues yet but I’m staying cautious of chicken
  • No cravings, and nothing is making me actively sick yet, but all I want to eat right now is kid food. I was eating low carb -- lots of meats and leafy vegetables. Now that just sounds gross. I had to throw away some fresh Brussels sprouts I bought last week because they were making the fridge stink...and there was no way I was going to eat them.

All I want is cereal, fruit, mac and cheese, crackers, etc. Maybe I'll have some toast with almond butter later.
  • I'm craving meat(steak to be exact) and Mexican food. I also had a craving for pizza but then it made me nauseous and now anytime I think about it, it makes me nauseous again 🤦‍♀️
  • Ugh I hate chicken right now! Lol and I usually love it. First time having an aversion to chicken for me.
  • I added apple cinnamon rice cakes to our grocery list at 11pm last night (from bed). I haven’t had those in years and idk why they came to mind last night but I guess I’m calling that a craving.

I’ve been eating a lot of avocado toast for breakfasts, seems to help me start the day without feeling ill.
  • For me it’s mainly Jamba Juice, saltines, sugar free jello and pudding, candy, scrambled eggs and soup. Everything else just sounds awful right now.
  • tingsmomtingsmom member
    edited February 2021
    Soooo I went to Costco this weekend, I ate before I left, bowl of oatmeal. On the way there I thought this is a bad idea, because I was still hungry. 
    I came home with a ton of food and started eating a lot of it right away. Then told my husband you have to try these strawberries they are sooo good. His response wow you really are pregnant you never talk about food this way. 
    My desire for certain food have definitely started to pick up and one aversion. The same as my last pregnancy, water. Sigh. 
  • Water is such a terrible aversion! I don’t love water in general, I find it rather boring. Would adding a flavor squeeze help, like Mio?
    TTC History

• All I want is pickled asparagus... so random. So delicious. The pickled spicy beans are so good too! I also was craving a grilled cheese sandwich the other day. Didn’t taste as good as I wanted it to. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @chindimples04 thanks for the suggestion I will have to try that.  Last time, my water had to be ice cold or I had to add lemons or other fruit to it.  I am just not excited about it since its cold and I don't want ice drinks right now.  

@OneRainDrop pickled asparagus or pickled spicy beans? I have never heard of either of those.  

• I want fruit. Juicy, drippy, fruit. I'm so ready for watermelon season 🍉🤤
  • @tingsmom, they’re so good! In the pickle/olive section of the store! Pricey- but so good if you like pickled things!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Does anyone else get a really bad taste in your mouth a few minutes after you eat? The food will be amazing, but after I finish I want to cut my tongue out. It's really killing my already limited appetite.

I feel bad for DH because he's the cook. He usually asks me what sounds good for dinner and my response is always the same: nothing. This is his 4th time going through this stage with me, so he should be used to it. 
  • @aztecash yes I do! I hate it. Food tastes good and then bad and getting rid of taste is awful. 

Which makes me want to eat more so I can have some relief of the bad taste. The bad taste is there all day. 
  • @gingermama46 blizzzzzards!! Yum. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @aztecash so I decided to google about this bad taste. 
    The recommendations from the article was eat sour things, wash your tongue and do a salt rinse. It also recommended eating pickles which I did and I don’t have the bad taste after eating a pickle. 

Also did you get the cake recipes? 
  • @cait32 re: the swearing. You would think as grown adults that we would be allowed to swear but I got a TOU warning for swearing on TTGP, so no. 👎🏼 But there are creative ways to swear without getting caught. 
    TTC History

• @tingsmom - Yes, I did. Thank you! (I'm really terrible at responding to stuff like that.) Thanks for the recommendation. Maybe that's why I love green apples when I'm pregnant. I'll have to try the pickle trick too.

As far as swearing goes, I think TBGs monitor the BMBs a lot less than TTGP, so they're not as likely to notice unless someone reports you. 
  • @cait32 I’ve gotten warnings in the past for swearing!
  • I’m still trying to remain keto, but sugar cravings are killing me! I found keto candy sour watermelon and I’ve been eating that when I really want something sweet. 
  • Idk how some of you are managing to stick to diet plans right now but it’s impressive!

I basically just eat whatever comes to mind that sounds tolerable and that i MIGHT not throw up. I’m so averted to healthy food when I’m first pregnant other than fruit pretty much 🙈
  • I’m with you, @momofmiracles31889! Give me all the carbs and cheese. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've moved on to ALL THE FOOD. Large amounts of fatty meat and cruciferous vegetables are still kind of an ehh no thanks, but we have a freezer full of beef and more coming so I grilled steaks last night. I ordered a Bluetooth meat thermometer with two probes so hubby can have medium rare, and I can have medium well and not degree more!
  • My diet right now is ridiculous 🤣 during the day I just snack on whatever I think I can keep down which currently is: waffles, apples peeled and sliced very thin, peanut butter crackers, pb and j, hummus and pita, etc 🤷🏻‍♀️ Then after I take my bonjesta at night and can keep a meal down before bed it’s often a pizza lunchable with a personal size bag of chips- other than the hummus I’m eating like I did in my childhood 🤣 it’s a little embarrassing to admit but I know I need to eat what I can 
  • CHEESE.
    Just lots and lots of cheese!
    I also want a lot of salty stuff. I can have sweets once in a great while, but this one wants all the salt and cheese!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker