October 2021 Moms
Options

ST+M Check in 2.24

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 

How are your other kids doing this week? 

Rants/Raves: 

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: With your other child(ren), did you decide their name(s) before birth? If so, did you share them with anyone?

Re: ST+M Check in 2.24

• Options
    (almost) 16 month old DD

DD has been a mama's girl lately and today she didn't want to leave with my H to go to daycare. She was reaching for me and crying. Poor thing!

Rants/Raves: 
    The weather is gorgeous this week, so I'm trying to take DD for lots of stroller walks. It helps pass the time and is so good for my mood to get out.

Concerns/Questions: 
    I'm both excited and terrified to have two kids so close together. DD will turn 2 right before this one is born. Any thoughts or advice?

GTKY: With your other child(ren), did you decide their name(s) before birth? If so, did you share them with anyone?
    We were 99.9% set on her name before she was born, but didn't share with anyone (except my BMB!). Funny story: I told everyone I was 99.9% sure on her name, but I wanted to see her face before I made it official. I ended up having a c-section, and they didn't hold her up for me to see. (She was in a bit of distress, so I don't blame the doctors for whisking her over for some quick care.) While they were getting her cleaned up, they asked my H what her name was, and he told them! Before I had a chance to see her! So she ended up getting her name before I saw her face, like I'd always said. He's on strict orders not to do that again.  :D
  • Options
    @galentine my two are nearly exactly 2 years apart and it is honestly such an amazing age gap. #1 doesn't really remember life without #2 and they play so well with each other because the gap isn't huge.  I'm actually more worried about how #3 is going to mix in because they are already such good buddies. The first year is rough, but itnwould have been rough regardless because infants are rough! But you'll find your groove and it will be okay! 

Your name story reminds me of my firstborns. We had his name picked out but both agreed we'd wait to meet him before naming him. I ended up having to go under general anesthesia for the csection (still traumatized by this) so i didn't get to meet him until a few hours after birth. When I finally did DH was like "its a boy!" (I didn't know) "I didn't name him yet" so all his paper work said "BABY BOY" and I was so terrified because I read somewhere that nameless babies are more likely to get mixed up or something ridiculous. 🤣 it was fine, and it was good he waited but in the moment I was like "why did you wait?!?!"

2 kids, 4.5 and 2.5

How are your other kids doing this week? ds (#1) threw up randomly yesterday morning.  He's fine, but also yuck. 

Rants/Raves: 

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: With your other child(ren), did you decide their name(s) before birth? If so, did you share them with anyone? Yes we decided well before birth but didn't share with anyone because I didn't want anyone's opinions on their names. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 1DS, 3.5

How are your other kids doing this week? It finally looks like the snow might hold off to allow him to attend his preschool *both days* this week! Also he loves when my BFF is in town - she's a lot more fun than me. 

Rants/Raves: 

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: With your other child(ren), did you decide their name(s) before birth? If so, did you share them with anyone?  My son's name was Julian throughout my pregnancy. My mom HATED it - apparently in the 70s she worked with a guy named Julian who was super fat. Ummmmmm, so??
    10 days before my c-section I had a dream the baby said to me, "I'm Ollie, NOT Julian!" We didn't fill out his birth certificate until he was 3 days old / day of discharge! But he is Ollie lol
  • Options
    galentinegalentine member
    edited February 2021
    @vampirina, oh my gosh! That's funny how your first instinct was to be upset that your H didn't name him without you to avoid baby mix ups. I'm glad he waited for you! I cannot even imagine waking up to a baby whose name was known to others but not me!

@demimondaine, aww, I love that your DS chose his name in your dreams. That's really neat.
  • Options
    1 5yo DS

He's doing great, but I think I'm in trouble. He told me yesterday that he signed I love you to a girl in his class at naptime and she signed it back to him. 

Rants/Raves:
    Not sure if this is a rant or a rave... I introduced DS to Kids Bop because he wanted to listen to kids fun/dance music and Amazon Music doesn't have a Secret Agent 23 Skidoo or Ozomatli kids stations. He loves it and has been dancing around the house singing "girls hit you hallelujah, WOOH" over and over and over. No other lyrics. No other songs. 

Concerns/Questions:
    My biggest concern right now is how schools will look next year. I hope DS can have as normal of a kinder experience as possible.

We decided beforehand, but we were going to keep it to ourselves. DH was volunteering at a beer festival/breast cancer research fundraiser, got a bit drunk, and let some of our friends pester it out of him. At that point I decided we should just tell everyone. I have a feeling this one will be a game-time decision though. 
  • Options
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 19 mos. DS

How are your other kids doing this week? Learning so many new things. He started the toddler room at daycare and seems to have picked up so much!

Rants/Raves: Although we love our daycare. They are talking about emotions this week and have been practicing indoor voices inside and screaming into cups for outside voices. Which basically just means screaming all the time at home.

Concerns/Questions: This will be an ongoing concern, but just the price of two in daycare. 

GTKY: With your other child(ren), did you decide their name(s) before birth? If so, did you share them with anyone? We had 3 top names and wanted to wait until we met him. 
  • Options
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? DD 5

How are your other kids doing this week? We are working on writing, she enjoys riding her bike, and playing Barbie dream house.

Rants/Raves: Ummm, so I kicked at the sliding glass door a few hours ago to get our German Shepard to stop shredding my SO barbecue cover and my UGG slipper went right through (no one was hurt). We do this all the time and apparently the door just decided today to shatter! Seriously, I am so weak from dehydration and exhaustion I do not understand how it happened. No one was hurt, not even a mark on my shoe.

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: It took me 4 months to get my ex-husband to agree to DD’s first name. I told him he could choose the middle name and he picked a name that is unusual and just happens to be the name of the female lead singer of my favorite band!
    I’ve got my top first/middle names for a bit or girl already (SO doesn’t know this yet).

• Options

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they?   5 - 12, 9, 4, 4 and 2

How are your other kids doing this week? Great.  It’s school break and we’ve been getting outside lots and enjoying some much needed sun

Rants/Raves: “morning” sickness is kicking my booty from the moment I wake up until the moment I close my eyes at night 🤢

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: With your other child(ren), did you decide their name(s) before birth? If so, did you share them with anyone?  We came up with their names shortly after our anatomy scans/NIPT.  We shared them before birth.  This time around I’m not sure if we will share or wait.  
  • Options
    tingsmomtingsmom member
    edited February 2021
    @lyndsayem35 Glad everyone is okay!  That's crazy that it broke! 

@gingermama46 I totally have that same concern.  We love our daycare but it's so expensive and having two is going to be rough.  We actually stopped shopping for a new home because we were trying for baby number 2.  We wanted to know whether we were actually going to have two before deciding on what mortgage payment we were willing to take on. 

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? One almost two year old son

Doing pretty well, my mom who doesn't know we were trying or that I am pregnant got him a little baby doll a while ago because the baby is his name.  Well she gave it to him and he throws it around.  If we try to play hold it, he gets mad and takes it away.  It's sort of making me afraid he wants to be an only child.  :#

Rants/Raves: 
    I had headache on Monday night that turned into a migraine which turned it to vomiting. I didn't feel better until Tuesday.  It was awful and now I am scared that I might have more.  I used to have them a lot but then I got pregnant the first time and I had so many less.  After I had my son, I still had way less than I was having before. 

Concerns/Questions: 
    Does anyone else have food, that they think is good and others think they are only eating it because of pregnancy?  Example cheez-its and cream cheese is so good. 

We knew the name just not the order.  We weren't sure which name would be the middle name vs the first name.   We were not going to tell anyone because prior to being pregnant we share a name and my family made fun of it but they promised not to say anything bad so we shared it with them. This time we might go team green so we will definitely be naming the day of.  We have lots of options for girls and are really struggling on the boy names. 
  • Options
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 1 daughter, 22 months

How are your other kids doing this week? Surprisingly well. I’m so thankful she seems to be avoiding getting COVID right now. We have been cleaning all the time, double masking all day long, and keeping our distance as best as possible. So happy she’s such an independent kid!

Rants/Raves: I mean, I feel like crap, so not much raving here. However, I do wonder if the loss of taste and smell is helping me not feel nauseous. Maybe a win?

Concerns/Questions: Way too many concerns that no one here can answer. 🤣

GTKY: With your other child(ren), did you decide their name(s) before birth? If so, did you share them with anyone? We had DDs name picked out before we found out she was a girl. We had a bit and girl name picked out. At her gender reveal, we also revealed her name. I absolutely love her name, but I also 100% picked it out. DH liked it and went with it.
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @tingsmom Yes! A favorite snack of mine is saltines (or ritz) with a bit of yellow mustard, sharp cheddar cheese, and a pickle slice. Ate it when I was pregnant with DS and one of my friends said "wow, you really are pregnant!" Dude, I have been eating this since I was a kid. And now I really want that yummy snack.
  • Options
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? DS is 4 1/2 and DD will be 3 in March.

How are your other kids doing this week? Good!! DS is so happy the weather is in the 30s again this week and he’s had recess at preschool. DD is so excited - we’re almost done with her new rainbow room and her big kid (toddler) bed. I’m exhausted from all of it so I’ll be glad to finally be finished and not start another project soon. 

Rants/Raves: I have a family friend who does crafty things... she makes earrings and headbands and custom shirts, etc. I asked her to make DD a JJ shirt for her birthday (from Cocomelon!) and she made her the cutest shirt ever! Then just as an extra birthday surprise, after I mentioned she loves to play school, she made got her her very own tote that says “Best Teacher Ever! Miss Emily” and she’s putting some teacher things in it. It’s just the nicest sweetest thing ever and DD is going to love it so much.  

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: With your other child(ren), did you decide their name(s) before birth? If so, did you share them with anyone? We shared with friends and family but didn’t share it on social media until they were born. When I told my MIL we were going to name our daughter Emily Jane and call her “EmJ” she was like, “well, I’ll call her Emily”... it’s comments like that that make me want to keep it to myself 🤣 
  • Options
    @aztecash that sounds so good and I want it right now!