October 2021 Moms

First Time Mom Check-In 2/23

Hi! I thought I'd start this thread though it's late in the Tuesday, at least on my clock 

FTM's out there, how are you doing? 

Everything still feels so surreal to me. The idea of pregnancy is exciting but the thought of childbirth is freaking me out. How about you?

Are you reading any books to help you prepare?

Re: First Time Mom Check-In 2/23

• I'm so nervous for my first US next week. I hope it goes well. Otherwise, I'm trying not to freak out too much. I am also trying not to think too hard yet about later pregnancy or childbirth. We have a long way to go before then.

I downloaded Expecting Better on Kindle. In keeping with my goal above, I've only read through the intro and the first trimester section. Timely, as it points out queso fresco is one of the largest listeria outbreak culprits in the U.S., and today I read there is a new queso fresco recall for listeria.
  • I’m in a similar place! Nervous for my first u/s (on mar 9) and basically trying not to obsess too much until then. Bought a few books the day we found out and have been reading them for the weekly chapters, but otherwise trying to relax and enjoy that I am currently pregnant!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello! TW just in case, prior loss

I’ll be a first time mom if all goes well, but not my first pregnancy. I feel weird because I have done the first trimester thing before, but I have not ever experienced the later stages so I’m also nervous about what to expect. 

Expecting better was definitely my favorite book. I keep telling myself I’m going to re-read it, so I need to get on that! 
  • I'm currently reading the Mayo Clinic's guide, but will look into Expecting better!
  • Wanted to pop by to say I saw you all were discussing books and wanted to pass along the one book I really enjoyed. Good humor. I passed it along to a few friends who enjoyed it as well. May not be everyone's taste. I am hoping to read the second child one too!