Trying to Get Pregnant

BBT tracking

ilovecake13ilovecake13 member
edited February 2021 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Hi Everyone!

I've been posting my charts in the OPK thread, so decided to move it to a new discussion for this topic.
So, I've been tracking my BBT every morning around the same time immediately when I wake up before I get out of bed. So far my BBT temps seem to be following expected patterns during and after ovulation. I'm current 7 DPO and it's getting closer to my expected period on March 2 per my app, but I believe it's March 3.  I am really watching my temps for anything out of the ordinary. So, today I woke up at 5:40 am instead of 6:15, and checked my temp at the time and was 98.06.  I didn't go back to sleep, just stayed in bed.  I decided to check it at 6:00 am and 6:15 my usual time, then it jumped to 98.18 and 98.33 respectively. I am looking for a temp dip that my indicate implantation, although I know this is not a reliable indicator since it can happen with a BFP or BFN.

So my question is, can BBT jump up 20-30 minutes after you wake up even if you did not get out of bed? Should I keep my initial temp at 98.06? Does anyone know what the luteal line indicates on the chart?

Thank you!

Re: BBT tracking

• Hi Everyone!

I've been posting my charts in the OPK thread, so decided to move it to a new discussion for this topic.
    So, I've been tracking my BBT every morning around the same time immediately when I wake up before I get out of bed. So far my BBT temps seem to be following expected patterns during and after ovulation. I'm current 7 DPO and it's getting closer to my expected period on March 2 per my app, but I believe it's March 3.  I am really watching my temps for anything out of the ordinary. So, today I woke up at 5:40 am instead of 6:15, and checked my temp at the time and was 98.06.  I didn't go back to sleep, just stayed in bed.  I decided to check it at 6:00 am and 6:15 my usual time, then it jumped to 98.18 and 98.33 respectively. I am looking for a temp dip that my indicate implantation, although I know this is not a reliable indicator since it can happen with a BFP or BFN.

So my question is, can BBT jump up 20-30 minutes after you wake up even if you did not get out of bed? Should I keep my initial temp at 98.06? Does anyone know what the luteal line indicates on the chart?

Thank you!

Hi! We discourages one off posts here so the board doesn’t get too cluttered. You’re more than welcome to post in the daily WTO/TWW threads where this would be a great question under the CS/Q category (chart stalk/question). 

As for your question, yes. Being awake in bed can make your temp rise so I would just keep your original 98.06 temp. Seeing as you only took it about 20 minutes earlier than normal it should be fine. Also I really wouldn’t recommend looking for an implantation dip as these are only noticed in hindsight, not something to track. A more reliable “sign” to look for with BBT would be a triphasic pattern which is when your temps rise yet again (and stay elevated) much like your temps do after you ovulate. So you have three sets of temps, hence “tri”phasic. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• I remembered we did have a generic CS/Q thread...just bumped it up since it was lost.
  • Loading the player...
  • perfect I will post it there in the future =)