September 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms 2/15

Feel free to share all your symptoms here. 

How far along are you? 

What symptoms are you experiencing this week? 

Questions? 
*TW LC*
Me & MH: 32
DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
TTC #2: 12/2019
Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

Re: Weekly Symptoms 2/15

• Options
    9w2d 

I just wish I could poop! 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    9 weeks on the nose. Spent the weekend at my dads mountain house about 3 hours from home. No thermometer, but I felt feverish and achy last night. Today I feel mysteriously better. I’m headed to get a Covid test as soon as I get home this afternoon just to be super duper safe.... but I otherwise have no idea what that could have been. 

Also feeling extremely fatigued today.

It was honestly a very stressful weekend all around, not the relaxing staycation it was intended to be, so I’m hoping that all of this is a result of stress on my body and not illness of any kind. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @krash_ I feel your pain!!

9w4d The unisom/B6 is still helping to keep the nausea down considerably, but yesterday and today I'm still feeling ill. I was hoping to try to get rid of one of my doses this week, but if I'm already feeling like this with 2 doses, then I'm not about to give one up. I'm also constipated, and I feel like that's part of what's making me feel a bit extra nauseous. 
  • Options
    8+1 today. Feeling exhausted and bloated to the max. I hate everything and everyone right now, except my dog. And everything stinks, literally. I'm like a bloodhound right now. I've been lighting candles all around my house trying to get the unidentifiable smell out with no luck!

@krash_ same!!  My NP said to try metamucil, which sounds pretty horrible. Not sure which would be worse, being constipated or drinking that 

@runningonindie I hope you're feeling better. We just got back from a vacation in northern michigan. Luckily my nausea was slightly better than normal while there, but it was actually really tough on me the whole stay. I didn't want to be a giant whiner, but it was hard to pretend that I was feeling up to all the planned activities. Glad I'm home now and can curl up on my own couch.

• Options
    9 weeks today

This freaking exhaustion, like I’m a sloth moving in slow motion and delirious from 1pm until bedtime. Speaking if bedtime, I’m like passed out asleep usually between 745-815pm! 

Waves of nausea are still getting me and sent me vomiting all of my breakfast up. I hate throwing up actual food, ugh.

• Options
    @arrowmama I'm 100% with you on the exhaustion! I put the kids to bed at 7:30 and then I pretty much immediately crash!
  • Options
    Still sitting here virtually symptomless at 9+4 with a boutique US scheduled for tomorrow morning. I’m terrified. I had hardly any with DD either but at least I was exhausted and this time around even that isn’t really prominent. I’m ready to be out of this 1st trimester because the anxiety is really getting to me. 
  • Options
    Hang in there @runningonindie. My symptoms have mostly vanished from week 9-10 except for food aversions. I hope you get the confirmation you need tomorrow! 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @runningonindie first trimester sucks. Fx for a good scan for you tmrw! 

8+5 and evenings are the worst. It’s like a switch flips around 4PM and I’m exhausted and nauseous rest of the night. 

I also realized scrolling on my phone makes me feel sick, almost like motion sickness? 🤢
  • Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast yup, I feel like the switch flips for me around late afternoon and I am miserable from late afternoon on. I hear you on the motion sickness feeling, too. Sometimes what I am watching on TV makes me nauseous, like if there's a ton of movement. 
  • Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast I have definitely felt the motion sickness while scrolling on my phone! 
  • Options
    I'm completely exhausted as well and falling asleep before 8:30, but now I have been wide awake since 5am.

@runningonindie other than exhaustion and feeling my uterus stretch I am basically symptom free as well.  Good luck with your ultrasound today.  I hope you have a wonderful time seeing your gummy bear.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    kissyfir1586kissyfir1586 member
    edited February 2021
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast yes I definitely have the same experience scrolling on my phone. I've been using it much less lately. TV doesn't seem to do the same for me. 

@arrowmama I am utterly exhausted too. I feel like a total slug. Hope this goes away soon! 

For moms that have already had C-sections, has anyone else noticed crazy itching around their old C-section scars? Mine is driving me nuts! I'm so itchy (my boobs too.... These bad boys need to stop growing!) 😂 
  • Options
    @kissyfir1586 I haven't experienced it yet this time, but with my 2nd pregnancy after a csection I definitely had a lot of itching around my scar! It would kinda just come and go throughout my entire pregnancy. 
  • Options
    So it's 2:30pm and I just realized that I never took my morning dose of unisom/b6. No point now, so I guess I skipped it today and I don't feel awful! Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon. I have noticed that for the past few days I've been inconsistently ill, so hopefully that means the nausea is on its way out! I'm very encouraged by this. I've also gradually been adding back in coffee. I've really been missing the routine and indulgence of drinking coffee in the mornings, but for the last month it's just sounded so gross that I've been skipping it. But I've gotten a latte twice this week and have really enjoyed it, so yay for starting to slowly return to some normalcy in my diet!

However, I have possibly a new symptom. I've having pretty severe sciatic nerve pain in one side. It's totally possible that it's not pregnancy-related and just an injury. I have an active job and get minor pulled or just sore muscles all the time, so this could just be that, but I've never experienced sciatic nerve pain before and it's brutal! Has anyone else ever had this? Heat helps a little but it's not long lasting. I do see a chiropractor, but when I went this week, it was already hurting again by the time I got out of the car 10 minutes after my appointment. I'm hoping this doesn't last the whole pregnancy but also... I'd honestly rather deal with this than constant nausea, so I'm not complaining too much, though I do need to try to find some way to tone it down.
  • Options
    @Aerialmrs I haven't had any sciatic nerve pain, but sounds rough! I am jealous that coffee is tasting good to you again. I am a big coffee lover and can't stomach it now whatsoever. I have been so tired and a coffee pick me up would be so helpful. I tried to drink a coke the other day to get some caffeine in and it made me so sick and jittery. When I go back to coffee I'll have to build up my tolerance to caffeine again, I think.
  • Options
    @kissyfir1586 I'm definitely not to the point yet of being able to have a cup first thing in the morning every day again, but it is nice to enjoy it sometimes! Hopefully you'll get to do that soon too!
  • Options
    @Aerialmrs I find that drinking coffee is fine for me but the smell of coffee brewing is the most horrendous thing ever. 
  • Options
    Is anyone feeling better yet? Give me hope lol. 9 weeks today and feeling worse. 
  • Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast I started feeling a lot better around 10 and a half weeks.  
  • Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast I still feel lousy but hope to turn the corner soon. I was surprised that I have felt worse week 9/10/11 than I did earlier in first tri.
  • Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast same boat here and looking for any glimmers of hope.... 9 weeks and feeling like I'm back to square one with my nausea. My energy has improved lately, so at least there's that. Hang in there!
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess it definitely seems to be getting worse, I was hoping to power through these last few weeks of first tri on the unisom/b6 but I might call the ob and see if they can give me something else.

@kissyfir1586 glad your energy is improving! Hopefully we’re almost there!
  • Options
    Almost 11 weeks and feeling much better compared to last week. Back to my morning coffee :)

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

DD Born @ 40+4

• Options
    @kissyfir1586 so far I've had itching & discomfort around my scar this pregnancy and last pregnancy as well.  The skin is extra thick, so for me it resists any stretching, ugh.

STM + are you finding this pregnancy better or worse than previous? For my other 2 I had a few food aversion and some daily nausea, but this time around, even the thought of food planning or looking in the fridge makes me nauseous. This is by far my toughest pregnancy; DH and I had agreed it would be our last pregnancy before we got a BFP, but I thought I would second guess our decision as with my other pregnancies I definitely looked forward to doing it again. Not this time! 
  • Options
    It's hard to say whether this pregnancy is worse than my last.  I attribute most of the extra difficulty to the fact that I have to tend to a toddler whereas last time I could just sleep and rest through the whole first trimester.  
  • Options
    @sleepydaze definitely a lot worse. This is my third. I thought it’d be a little easier cuz the other two can play together but I feel terrible and also not sure if I could do this again.
  • Options
    This was definitely the worst. Third pregnancy. With the first two, I barely had any nausea. I’m much more fatigued this time around (but also older, but I gagged from smells at least half dozen times a day from week 5-10. I’m hoping to stay active so the recovery is easier. I was super active with my other two and recovery was easy and back in my old clothes when I returned to work 3 months later. 

DD Born @ 40+4

• Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast I *think* I'm on my way to feeling better! I'm more inconsistently ill-feeling at 10w4d today. The past week or so I've had a couple days that I've felt significantly better and some days where I still feel gross. Even though Saturday night I still felt so sick and couldn't eat anything at all after 3pm, yesterday I was feeling well enough to eat 3 complete meals plus snacks. This morning I even wanted coffee! So I'm (inconsistently) starting to feel more like myself and I'm very much enjoying the good days! Hopefully soon for you!

@sleepydaze I feel like this pregnancy is worse so far, but I'm not sure I really remember all that well! I don't remember having all-day nausea last time, though I do remember that it did not end promptly at 12 weeks, more like 14-15. So maybe my symptoms this time are more intense but not as long-lasting? Also, the stress of working, and homeschooling, and living in a house that's under construction, and covid worries all at the same time makes this one harder in general. 
  • Options
    11+2 today and having my worst pregnancy day yet. I have been in bed all morning except for when H when to take the dog out (thank goodness he was able to take the day off today). Lately I’ve been starting to feel better but today is dashing those hopes somewhat. 

@sleepydaze I’m also having a super rough time this time (3rd baby as well)! My first was so so easy, barely any symptoms at all. Second I had some lightheaded ness/dizziness but this time has been nausea, nausea, nausea! The medication helps some but I still have really rough days sometimes. 
  • Options
    @sleepydaze 3rd and worst pregnancy (so far). My first 2 I had zero first trimester symptoms (seriously I could be on "I didn't know I was pregnant") This one my symptoms aren't awful but I've had some nausea this time around and I'm so exhausted (it might just be that I have a 9 month old though..). I'm trying to walk more and stretch every night this time and be more active from the beginning to help with sciatica (I had it really bad starting around 18-20 weeks with pregnancy 2, and by my third trimester walking hurt all the time). 
  • Options
    How far along are you?  11 weeks 5 days

What symptoms are you experiencing this week? nausea is mostly gone, but I'm developing crazy soreness. 

Questions? Has anyone dealt with/is anyone dealing with SPD? At fist I thought I might have a bladder infection, but then I narrowed down the pain to only occurring after I stand up from sitting for a while. I'm short, so it's nearly impossible to find a desk chair where my feet are comfortably on the ground, and I've tried propping my feet up. 

I'm planning to call my Dr. tomorrow, but ugh! I thought I'd maybe gotten through it when it slowly went away over the weekend (it initially came on after I sat on the floor with DS on Friday). But it came right back at work today. 
  • Options
    @marymh80 I had pretty awful SPD with my 2nd pregnancy - it didn't start until about midway through the 2nd trimester, but it was intense pain every time I stood up from sitting position or laying down - I had to roll out of bed in the morning! Unfortunately, I never figured out any solution - but I'm so sorry you're dealing with it