October 2021 Moms
Options

ST+M Check In - 2.17

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 

How are your other kids doing this week? 

Rants/Raves: 

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: What were your nursery theme(s) for your other child(ren)?
TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: ST+M Check In - 2.17

• Options
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they?  1 DD. She’ll be 22 months on Sunday

How are your other kids doing this week? She’s doing well! We already started introducing baby products and showing her how the baby goes in them. She tucked her baby into the momaroo last night, turned it in, played the music, and patted her babies head while it rocked her baby (she had never seen it a day in her life, not sure how she figured it out already!) it was the most precious thing!

Rants/Raves: Still -13 in Wisconsin today. I’m sick of being cold! DH works his 5 days in a row night shift starting tomorrow night, so not looking forward to that.

Concerns/Questions: not right now!

GTKY: What were your nursery theme(s) for your other child(ren)? 1920s vintage, but also mixed with modern pieces because I just took what people gave me. I don’t love it. Excited to plan a nursery from scratch this time!
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    gingermama46gingermama46 member
    edited February 2021
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 1 DS, 18 mos

How are your other kids doing this week? Alright. Last night had some super rough sleep. I ended up taking him to the spare bedroom and we got some sleep there. His canines are coming in and holy crap are they a nightmare!

Rants/Raves: Also over the cold @chindimples04 I keep telling DH we need to move to Phoenix

Concerns/Questions: nothing now

GTKY: What were your nursery theme(s) for your other child(ren)? DS' room is yellow submarine/underwater theme. MIL had an original Beatles/Yellow Submarine print that we went off of for decorating. I'm a huge Beatles fan, if above was not obvious haha, so while IDK what we'll do for another boy for a girl I think I want to do  Strawberry Fields.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chindimples04 that story about your daughter and the mamaroo is too sweet! Sounds like she will be a great big sister 

@gingermama29 ah teething is the worst!! My 5 month son is working on his first ones for about a week now- still not through! We have had to do one dose of Tylenol each night after consulting his pediatrician for him to go down to sleep at all, previously he was sleeping great 11pm- 5am on average in his bassinet, now he won’t go down at all without meds and is still up like 2:30 and again 4 something or 5 wanting to be held. Poor baby. Thank God my husband is awesome and gets up with him since I’m sick and tired 

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 3 angel babies, and 2 sons on earth- one is 2 1/2 and the other is 5 months! 

Depends on the moment 🤣 oldest DS is a typical 2 year old and he is SO smart and keeps talking more and more, getting more creative with his playing, he is such a sweet big brother. But he has his tantrums lol. Youngest DS is starting to roll so much and his smiles and giggles make my heart melt! He is also teething so sometimes not a happy camper and I so dislike seeing him in pain :(

Rants/Raves: my previous answer kind of covered that lol 

Concerns/Questions: 

Noah’s ark/animal theme in the nursery! Working on a big boy room for our toddler soon and doing an adventure/animal theme! We got this wall paper map of the world with animals on it that I’m so pumped about 
  • Options
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they?   5 daughters - 12, 9, 4, 4 and 2

How are your other kids doing this week?  They’re doing great this week. My older girls are on break from school (we do year round) and it finally stopped snowing and warmed up a bit, so we’ve had lots of time outside this week.

GTKY: What were your nursery theme(s) for your other child(ren)?  With my oldest - all things pink (was slightly excited to be having a girl haha).  My 9 year old - owls/woodland creatures.  My twins - forest/mountains.  My 2 year old - a mix of all of her old sisters themes.  This baby 🤷🏼‍♀️.  We’re moving overseas not too long after this kiddo is born, so I’m not sure if I’ll go crazy here or wait until we’re settled there. 
  • Options
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 5 yo DS

How are your other kids doing this week? He's refusing to sleep right now because he wants to be awake at midnight. I've had to start using the baby monitor again to make sure he's actually sleeping (spoiler: he's not). I can't sleep until he's asleep, so I'm getting really frustrated. And DH just sits on the couch, completely oblivious, while I'm yelling threats into the monitor. 

Rants/Raves: got a note from preschool last week that I wasn't sending enough food in DS's lunch. My kid is solidly in the 95th percentile for height and 97th percentile for weight yet they're making me feel like I'm starving him. Yesterday I sent him with a whole grilled cheese, melon, blueberries, a granola bar, applesauce, gogurt, and cheez-its and he ate it all. I'm going to have to get a second job just to feed this kid. I'm terrified of what is going to happen when he's a teenager.

Concerns/Questions: nope.

GTKY: What were your nursery theme(s) for your other child(ren)? We had more trouble settling on a nursery theme than picking DS's name. I wanted jungle/animals or nautical but we finally agreed on Dr. Seuss.
  • Options
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they?  2! 4.5 and 2.5. 

How are your other kids doing this week? They are doing well. I've made a conscious effort to try some new parenting strategies and really tuning into their needs and I think its helping a bit. 2.5 is learning to use the potty and I would LOVE to have only 1 in diapers after Oct Baby is born. 

Rants/Raves: cold weather. Snow. Ick.  

Also my house is tiny so we need to move NOW. There is no place for a 3rd baby in this house. 

Concerns/Questions: none yet. Just hopeful this pregnancy turns into a baby and always concerned that it won't.

GTKY: What were your nursery theme(s) for your other child(ren)? #1 was underwater/whale/sea themed. #2 was "your minicrib fits in this corner of mom and dad's room." Hopefully #3 gets their own room from the start, but we'll see. 
  • Options
    tingsmomtingsmom member
    edited February 2021
    @gingermama46 while AZ is great in the winter, it's not so great in the summer.  I remember in my last pregnancy I was so happy my 1st trimester was during the summer.  

@aztecash OMG I totally understand your pain.  My son is such a eater, our daycare supplies the food and I think we likely are getting our money's worth off of how much he eats.  He eats second breakfast and sometimes second lunch.  After lunch they start to put the kids down to take a nap and he is going around find food on the floor to eat!  I worry that I will be going to costco every week when he is older.  

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they?  Almost 2, one month to go.

How are your other kids doing this week?  Doing pretty good, continues to surprise us with new words and is so loving.  He really likes giving me things I need, like water or food or my shoes. 

Rants/Raves: US today, heartbeat 121.  

Concerns/Questions: Waiting for this subchorionic hemorrhage to go away.  Dr didn't give me any activity restrictions but I still feel like their should be.  

GTKY: What were your nursery theme for your other child?  I love reading all of your answers by the way.  We did dragons.  For some reason people think I have like game of throne dragons in his room.  Think cartoon dragons.  
  • Options
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? A 4 1/2 yo boy and almost 3 yo girl. I can’t believe that by the time this baby is here I’ll have a kindergartener and a preschooler! 

How are your other kids doing this week? My son had a stuffy nose over the weekend and now my daughter has picked it up. His went away in about a day so here’s hoping hers is just a quick stuffy nose too! She seemed pretty exhausted tonight. It’s funny, last year, and every year, they have stuffy and runny noses all year long but this year no ones ever sick because we’re not exposed to anything and a stuffy nose is just the worst! 🤣

Rants/Raves: Raving that they’re both officially potty trained (besides at night!) and go potty without me having to remind them. My almost 3 year old daughter was definitely full trained before her older brother. I think her completely getting it down and going on her own without reminders is what finally pushed him. It’s been a long 2 years of training with him and I’m so happy to finally be in a good place! With her it was so easy and man I needed an easy one after such an exhausting first go at potty training with him. Excited to add diapers back in the mix soon ... not LOL 

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: What were your nursery theme(s) for your other child(ren)? With my son we did blues/greys with elephants. It was navy, aqua, and grey with a lot of white mixed in. And just little touches of elephants here and there. His nursery was so cute! We added white wainscoting to the room. I was so sad to leave that nursery when we moved! My daughters nursery was really fun to do! It didn’t really have a theme, maybe floral?, but it was so pretty! Sharing pictures - I’m so sad to say goodbye to it!! Right now we’re switching her to her brothers toddler bed and she requested a rainbow room and I’m not ready to say goodbye to her nursery. 
  • Options
    @kitandcat my 2 1/2 year old has a stuffy/runny nose right now too and it’s so true how this year that feels like such a big deal and in the past it wasn’t something to think twice about. We used to have play dates with cousins/friends while all the kids had runny noses and it was no big deal. Oh the world of covid 😩
  • Options
    @tingsmom oh for sure on the AZ summer, woof. We have family in AZ and every time we've gone out there then it's sooooo hot! But I guess I'm going between FL and AZ in my dreams haha and could never live in FL with the humidity, guess I have to stay in OH!
  • Options
    @gingermama46 Maybe one day you can be a snow bird here in AZ.  That way you get the best of both locations!  Florida's humidity is rough, I don't think I would want to live there.  Although I would be better there than OH.  I have lived in AZ or southern California all my life, I think I would die in the level of cold that most of you are dealing with.  
  • Options
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 2 girls , 9 and 4

How are your other kids doing this week?  It’s been a fun week, spirit week at school and I’ve been off so we are having a blast dressing up! 

Rants/Raves: Got thinking about Maternity Leave today. So so so happy to live in Canada, I’m very much considering taking 18 months off and I CAN NOT WAIT! 

Concerns/Questions: Notta

GTKY: What were your nursery theme(s) for your other child(ren)? No themes really. They shared a room, so it was pink and floral I guess. Can’t wait to redo it this time around. 
  • Options
    One 4yo boy

Stir crazy. Stuck inside in texas with the winter storm. Power off and on since Monday, no water and a boil notice, no groceries, surviving on canned soup, granola bars, dry cereal, and hot chocolate. He doesn't seem to mind!

Rants/Raves: 
    My kid is so great. He's smart, funny, energetic, kind, and gentle. I just wish he could sit still a little longer and follow directions a little better. I know it will come with time, but it can really wear on my nerves some days. 

Concerns/Questions: 
    My husband has expressed concern about DS feeling left out when baby comes. I know that's a very normal fear, but I also feel like I'm not worried about it at all. Is it weird to be confident about having enough love for 2 kids? 

Elephants! I originally had wanted to do a Dumbo theme but it was impossible to find anything that wasn't also a circus theme. We had b/g twins so we went with gray and white with dark espresso furniture. 
  • Options
    My son will be 4 in June

His preschool keeps getting canceled with all this snow, and he is bored and always needing attention and to eat something! He never stops talking.

Rants/Raves: 
    He keeps asking what is taking so long to get a brother? :-(

Concerns/Questions: 
    DS thinks this will be an instant playmate!

Whales. It was one of the main reasons I couldn't switch his name to Jonah lol
  • Options
    4 and 5 yr old girls

They had a great day yesterday because school was cancelled and their cousins came over for the day.

Rants/Raves: 
    Neither of my girls are great sleepers. The oldest comes into our room every night around 2 and sleeps with us.  The youngest comes and gets me around the same time and I go and sleep in her room.  I love the snuggles, but I would love to sleep in my own bed for a full night!

Concerns/Questions: 
    My youngest, who will become the middle, has a lot of emotional struggles and I'm concerned that, although she will be extremely excited for baby, she will struggle with the lack of constant attention.

Koalas (yellow/gray) for the oldest and just a teal/pink theme for the youngest.
  • Options
    lovemygirls-lovemygirls- member
    edited February 2021
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 4 daughters and 1 step son. They are 11, 8, 6, 3 and 9.5m.

How are your other kids doing this week? They are rambunctious and ready to go back to school lol. Step son is with his mom and there's a storm where he lives so we haven't been able to talk to him in 2 days. Hopefully he will be able to call us soon.

Rants/Raves: 9.5m old is being a butt and loves to headbutt her 3y old sister🤦‍♀️ we are trying to work on it.

Concerns/Questions: We are concerned for my step son and are anxiously waiting for his call.

1st: zoo theme
    2nd: sea life theme
    3rd: Mini mouse
    4th: elephants
    For this one I'm thinking another sea life theme but gender neutral colors since we are staying team green. I love sharks so I want to incorporate it into the theme this time, and thanks to baby shark, I can do that now🥰
  • Options
    @lovemygirls- positive thoughts to your stepson! I hope you guys get to hear from him soon! 

My daughter and son love to wrestle, and when she was almost 2 we were at storytime at the library and she headbutted (gently) another girl in the stomach, which she and her brother did to each other all day everyday. And I had to be like “I’m so sorry, she is trying to initiate a wrestling match...” And then I was like oh shit, that doesn’t sound good. And I explained she had an older brother she wrestled with. It wasn’t a headbutt that would have hurt but definitely came off as aggressive and a surprise to the other kid and I felt so bad!! That’s when I was like, I need to explain what is okay and not okay outside of the house LOL

@lmno304 i am so sorry you’re dealing with that right now!! That is so unbelievably stressful. I have a friend in Texas who says it’s just been awful. Her water came back on this morning thankfully but she was really stressed out there for a few days, and still is obviously because there’s damage to her house, grocery stores are bare, etc. Fingers crossed for you and your community!!