Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Thursday 2/18

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Thursday 2/18

• Options

Month/Cycle: 9/8

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: charting, CB opks

R/R: I was very moody when I posted in the randoms last night but truly my birthday yesterday was as lovely as a quarantine birthday could be. Lots of relaxation, watching reality TV, and eating all of the things I shouldn't be eating. I should probably just tell our families that we're trying, but I don't think I'm ready yet. Today is about reset and getting back on track! Top of the list right now is resume revising. This board has been quiet lately! Hope more of y'all show up :smile:  

CS/Q: nothing to see, though my temps have been unusually high for this time in my cycle. Poor sleep, maybe?

• Options
    @fameonmain2 I personally wouldn't tell family, people are just going to keep asking when you're having kids and blah blah blah, and if you're going through IF (I can't remember if you are) or even if it's just taking longer than you hoped, the constant harassment, although well-intended, may wear on you. Unless you're willing to be really open and honest with any struggles (and I think this is also a good idea), I wouldn't say anything. 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: bbt/cm

R/R: n/a

CS/Q: looking like O was yesterday (I had a pretty distinct bbt shift), but obviously will need 2 more temps/days to confirm. Guess I'll hang here until then? I know someone had this question last month and I can't remember where everyone landed on TWW vs WTO 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@fameonmain2 Happy belated birthday! Glad that it was relaxing. Regarding telling people, obviously that's your call alone - if you don't feel ready yet, then that's ok! Both our families know we're going through IVF, and they knew about our problems last year, only because I know that they won't make a big deal of it and keep prodding us. Sharing helps me cope with it, but that's just me, and like I said, our family is way cool about it. 

@pajamstagrams haha! As a current member of WTO, I'll allow you.  ;)

Month/Cycle: 13/no clue 

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: in a holding pattern waiting to test embryos

R/R: Dude, EFF NATERA. These people are ungodly slow. They've had our blood samples for 16 days, and still no results yet for genetic testing, so we have no idea if we have to test the embryos for some disorder. What's frustrating is that we've done genetic testing before, but since then they added more conditions to the list of what they test for, and so we decided to do it all again. Chances are super likely that we didn't need to do it, and we're just spinning our wheels for no reason. But Natera sucks. End of rant. 

CS/Q: none

• Options
    @fameonmain2 I'm glad you had a wonderful quarantine bday. As for telling family/friends, it's like @pajamstagrams said: if you're willing to keep the family updated / keep answering questions, then it's a good idea to share. I've both regretted / reveled in having been open about our intentions. Although I've had to cut off sharing with some ppl because of insensitive comments. Also, my parents have been oddly unsupportive (as I ranted in the IF thread last week). However, I've really appreciated having the support of my sister, bff(s), etc. 

@pajamstagrams I didn't really participate in discussion a few weeks back, but I think that if you know for sure you O'ed, then by all means go over to TWW. I think some people rely on getting CHs from FF to confirm ovulation, but that's not the only way to know especially if you're not tracking temps. 

@Lisa3379 I think most clinics say that it takes about 3 weeks to do genetic testing; I've colloquially heard ppl say that end of the month it tends to be quicker (maybe most clinics aim to start cycles earlier in the month?) Anyways, a member of my fertility support group has been waiting 2+ weeks already for her embryo test results. 

Month/Cycle: 13/14

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: natural cycle (HIO EOD, bbt, opks) + more diagnostic testing; lots of vitamins and supplements for MH and I. Today's crude come on was: 

R/R: no obvious rants or raves today. 

CS/Q: posting from my laptop today, and I'm too lazy to add my chart and also what's the point at this stage of my cycle? Anyways, CM is starting to turn EW so as I'd previously mentioned, O will likely be this w/e. CBAD is still flashing but no LH surge on the LH strips. 

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• Options
    jackie_dunnyjackie_dunny member
    edited February 2021
    @fameonmain2 glad you still had a good birthday!

@pajamstagrams everyone has their own preferences when moving over. Some do it the day after, some wait until crosshairs, it all depends on you really. No hard and fast rule.

@Lisa3379 ugh sorry you’re having a hard time with getting your blood samples back. Have you called and asked for a progress report? 

@acleverusername I’m liking these different gif gestures each day lol

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: PNV, SMEP, charting (FF, BBT, CM, CP), OPKs

R/R: DH said he wasn’t feeling great and didn’t want to HIO tonight. That’s a first for us, he’s never turned down sex before. Welcome to TTC, amirite? I thinkmay have ovulated on Tuesday so it should be alright but I’ll still see if I can convince him to HIO before bed. If I’m not too sleepy that is lol 

CS/Q: depending on tomorrow’s temp, I may discard those two high temps after I had the vaccination and see what FF says

Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    @acleverusername  I know, I feel like such a brat complaining about it, and they did say up to three weeks... my previous test results from other companies came in surprisingly fast, so I guess I went into it assuming the same would happen and then my impatience in general was just getting to me. But I got a call today! No conditions that we're both carriers for (of?) so we can proceed with the PGT-A. :) And that gif was hilarious   :D

@jackie_dunny hopefully your husband comes around and feels better, but I laugh because oh man, have we been there before. I forced DH to have sex during a horrible cold once. It wasn't pretty, but hey - it was go time, haha

• Options
    @pajamstagrams totally your call when you want to move over! And yeah, I think if we do end up being unsuccessful on our own and move towards an IF diagnosis I'll probably be more open. But not yet.

@lisa3379 oh man that's frustrating! Hope you get hear something from the lab soon! Usually it helps me to talk too, I'm terrible at keeping secrets, but this particular journey I've been really private about.

@acleverusername yeah, I think everyone would be supportive - it's just me. I'm totally not ready to share. Love today's crude come on!

@jackie_dunny hahaha DH had never turned it down either until we started to ttc too! Such a head game!!