Trying to Get Pregnant

UO Thursday 2/18

Got an unpopular opinion? Post it here!

no way wow GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Re: UO Thursday 2/18

• Probably not a UO but a strong opinion haha

In messaging, people should not add your name to the end of their message in response to you.

For example, it drives me up the wall that my coworker constantly responds with "I forwarded you the email [my name]" or "I responded to Bob's email [my name]". It's just so grating to me. I feel like I'm talked down to. I'm not the only one he does this to though so I can't be like "this is the shit women deal with in a male dominated field".

Does anyone else have a coworker like this that constantly adds names into their messages?
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I totally agree. It just makes the message seem so passive-aggressive. Although I will admit I probably overuse exclamation marks (not usually in work emails) in texting because periods seem angry to me.. as a young female in a very male dominated field, this is definitely one of those things that irk me daily!!

Not sure if this is an overly UO but MH is currently rewatching Breaking Bad and I absolutely hated that show. I think the cast is fantastic but I just could not watch it, despite allll the people telling me how good it is!
  • Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 that's so frustrating, and it's a little demeaning.  I don't know if I've ever been sent an email like that, it's always "[my name]- I sent the email" or "[my name], blah blah blah" and it definitely seems less aggressive to call out names first, rather than at the end. That's how I do it, especially if there is more than one person in the email. That being said, I'm a female in a male dominated field as well, and I've definitely had my share of mansplaining (is it "mansplaining" if it's to everyone?) and comments like "women with kids shouldn't work". But thankfully that's definitely not the norm for me, and it's not a behavior that's generally tolerated.
  • @pajamstagrams it doesn't happen in emails. It happens in our Teams messaging. It does have an aggressive quality to it to finish a statement with the person's name. Especially if it was like "I sent that to you yesterday [name]". I haven't had mansplaining as much as I've had the aggressive older guy who just doesn't take me seriously. More than once have I gotten the "I've been in the industry for X years!". I also had a guy argue that WE had our product selection tables wrong. Even after my thorough email of why we list what we do and explaining that the part number we list and the part number he believed we should list would both work based on an application's requirements. Nope, still a total asshole about it and I think he even said he'd stop doing business with us because we don't know what we're talking about haha.

@ronnie320 I'm an overuser of exclamation points too. Especially here. Trying to reign it in ha.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @ronnie320 I also can’t get into Breaking Bad. It’s so well cast and acted, and it’s not like I don’t like dark dramas, I loved Dexter and The Sopranos, but I get bored every time I watch Breaking Bad. 

My other TV UO is that I refuse to watch shows like This Is Us that I know are just trying to make me emotional every week. I loved Parenthood, but it felt less emotionally manipulative than This Is Us. Or maybe it’s me who has changed, and I just don’t enjoy crying like I used to, that’s also possible, haha!

• @inthewoods23 ugh, in teams chat? That's super weird and aggressive then. Just why? 
  • @mrs_tacos I love Dexter too!! If you liked Parenthood, watch Life in Pieces - easily one of my favourite shows.
  • mrs_tacos said:
    @ronnie320 I also can’t get into Breaking Bad. It’s so well cast and acted, and it’s not like I don’t like dark dramas, I loved Dexter and The Sopranos, but I get bored every time I watch Breaking Bad. 

My other TV UO is that I refuse to watch shows like This Is Us that I know are just trying to make me emotional every week. I loved Parenthood, but it felt less emotionally manipulative than This Is Us. Or maybe it’s me who has changed, and I just don’t enjoy crying like I used to, that’s also possible, haha!
    I'm watching "Parenthood" now - it's one of my husband's favorites. It was a little triggering to me with some of the storylines so I am taking a break. I enjoy the drama but I also find the family to be insufferable? 

• @ronnie320 I *Hated* breaking bad. (Also a big fan of Sopranos, the Wire, prestige TV/drama generally). I didn't find any of the characters interesting or nuanced, with the exception maybe of Jesse. I also thought Walt was laughably unrelatable. Like you have a friend who is willing to pay for your cancer treatment in full and instead you become a meth dealer? Because you love your family? What? Also the the structure was really episodic, almost like a sitcom, where each episode was like "oh no! we can't make meth! we are missing X crucial piece! [long adventure to get crucial piece X], phew! we can make meth again".  MH and I both hated it and I fundamentally do not understand the love for this show. 
    TTC History
    TTC #1 Sep 2017-Sep 2018 
    BFP 11/30/2017 | MMC 12/31/2017
    BFP 6/22/2018 | CP 6/27/2018
    BFP 10/5/2018 | EDD 6/14/2019
    Baby girl born 6/19/19

TTC #2 May 2020-November 2021
    BFP 7/18/2020 | MonoDi Twins | MMC 9/10/2020
    BFP 11/7/2020 | CP 11/9/2020
    RE Consult January 2021 | Dx "borderline DOR"/RPL
    IVF with PGT:
    Standard Antagonist:
    ER #1 3/27/2021 7R | 5M | 3F | 2B | 1 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic
    ER #2 4/22/2021 10R | 7M | 3F | 2B | 0 normal, 2 aneuploid
    ER #3 5/19/2021 2R | 1M | 0F
    Estrogen Priming Antagonist:
    ER #4 7/10/2021 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    Duostim  (Standard Antagonist):
    ER #5 9/22/2021 13R | 11M | 8F | 5B | 2 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic, 2 aneuploid
    ER #6 10/9/2021  9R | 6M | 4 F | 1B | 1 aneuploid
    FET #1  11/5/2021 | EDD 7/24/2022
    Baby boy born 7/19/22

TTC #3 since May 2023 (ntnp)
    IVF Started Fall 2023 (Standard Antagonist)
    ER #7 10/6/2023 | 9R | 6M | 5F | 3B | 2 aneuploid, 1 high-level mosaic
    ER #8 10/31/2023 | 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    FET #2 11/27/23 | CP (bHCG = 8)
    FET #3 planned Jan 2024