Infertility
Options

1st IVF Cycle Feb 2021 *(loss mentioned)*

Hi all!
My husband and I are currently in the middle of our first IVF cycle. I am scheduled for my trigger this evening and retrieval on 2/15/21. This has been a long journey. We have been TTC since April 2016. We started seeing an RE in late 2017. We found that I was not ovulating and my husband has morphology issues. We are also a military family and he deployed for 7 months before we were able to start any treatments. In December 2018 we started treatment. We had 3 failed TI cycles with letrozole and Ovidrel trigger. Then 3 failed IUI cycles with the same letrozole and Ovidrel trigger. I had a spontaneous chemical pregnancy in June 2019. We were so thrilled but then I miscarried 5 days later. We were devastated. I was particularly upset with how the fertility clinic handled my care because they did not let me know my second beta hcg was 0. They never reached out when I told them I had miscarried. Nothing. We decided to take a break from treatment since I was apparently able to ovulate on my own now. I December 2019 we moved across the country and in January 2020 we decided to do IVF. We had diagnostics re-run at the new clinic and on Feb. 15 2020 I had another spontaneous pregnancy. We were thrilled and terrified. Our RE was so compassionate and caring as were all the nurses. We made it to 13 weeks when I had a missed miscarriage. Once again our loss was profound. I went to the hospital and was induced in place of a D/C. Nothing could be found to explain our loss. Now, 1 year after our second little miracle, I will be having eggs retrieved. I also have been diagnosed with DOR now and due to my husband's issues they will be doing ICSI. I am so nervous and the timing is also causing a greater sensitivity. I think in posting this I am just looking for support as well as to let others know that I am willing to offer support. This is a long hard journey for anyone and I want to always let others know that we can uplift each other through these times.
Thank you

Re: 1st IVF Cycle Feb 2021 *(loss mentioned)*

• Options
    @kat6714 welcome to this forum. Come and join us on monthly thread (FEB IVF/FET). You’ll find people who are going through the same process right now and monthly threads are more active. Sorry about your journey, IF sucks. You’ll definitely find a lot of support here as we all understand your grievances and pain. By the way I’m military too, and we just recently moved and I had to change my clinics (I loved my old clinic, with the new one I feel like a number...another infertile women, where in old one all nurses knew me and rooted for me). Anyways, good luck to you with your retrieval. 
  • Options
    I'm glad your second RE was much more supportive of you during that difficult time; I went through the same thing (spontaneous BFP right before we were scheduled to start IVF, missed miscarriage at 8 weeks) and while it was incredibly incredibly difficult, my RE was very sensitive to the loss and helped me to see the silver lining -- I obviously -could- get pregnant and since the miscarriage was likely due to chromosomal abnormalities based on his scans, it would just be a matter of getting that "golden" embryo. 

TW
    True to what the RE said, our first IVF cycle which only gave us 2 healthy embryos also gave us our golden embryo and our little girl. I was pregnant with her a year to the day that I miscarried my first pregnancy and now she is a happy almost 3 year old (who is currently squealing about how funny Doc Mcstuffins is). It's hard to believe it when you've been through so much, but it -can- work and you -can- have good things happen for you. 

I just finished a second cycle for #2 and we have 3 embryos sent for testing. Looking forward (is that okay to say?) to seeing you around the board :-)
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck with your cycle! Thank you for the kind words. I'm currently waiting to hear how many embryos we have. I look forward to being around as well!☺️
  • Options
    @dukie001 Thanks for the thread suggestion! I'll definitely be there. I'm so sorry that your new clinic is treating you that way. I hope it works out though.