September 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms 2/1

Feel free to share all your symptoms here. 

How far along are you? 

What symptoms are you experiencing this week? 

Questions? 

Re: Weekly Symptoms 2/1

• Options
    I am 6w1d with my second pregnancy. I took an early test and found out at about 3.5 weeks. This time I had mild cramping and some light brown spotting around week 4, probably implantation spotting. This morning I wiped some faint brown again. I know that can be common, but not having experienced it with my first it’s always jolting. I’ve also been having the fun “hormone/progesterone surge” shortness of breath the last few weeks as well, which is doubly fun during a pandemic ha. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms? 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I woke up with aching/pressure behind my bellybutton this morning. Last time, this happened around 10 weeks right before I started showing.... it was pressure from the uterus. I’m only 7 weeks and 1 day today! I know they say you tend to show earlier the second time around (and I’m only 5 feet tall) but JEEZ. Can this even be possible?? LOL - I might have to get my maternity pants out of the attic earlier than expected!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    6+2 and feel like garbage. I guess the constant nausea is reassuring but also makes parenting the other two hard. 
  • Options
    @runningonindie it could be RLP already. I have had some sharp pains like that and they definitely feel like they shoot up into my abdomen. At this point the uterus is still below your pubic bone so any showing would likely be bloat (and for me the constipation). I didn't start showing the first time until around 14 weeks I think but I think the added fluff from the first pregnancy will make it look like I'm showing sooner. 

7+3 and I am nauseous all day long. On top of that I'm always either constipated or the exact opposite and pretty gassy. So glamourous. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    7W2D
    I still feel nothing besides exhaustion. I know I should feel lucky, but feeling no "real" symptoms always makes the first weeks before an u/s so hard. I keep telling myself that this is my normal - I didn't really have any first trimester symptoms with my last 2 pregnancies either, but it's still the constant anxiety. The exhaustion is real though...I feel bad for the last class I teach because I'm barely hanging in there. 
  • Options
    9+3

I'm still quite nauseous on and off and exhausted all the time. I've also been having some sharp uterus pains here and there. Bloating has gone way down this week. Nausea has been better for 4 days now, which I'm thankful but messing with me emotionally. Next US isn't until 12 weeks...gonna be a long 3 weeks. 
  • Options
    @chewie5990 I feel you. I had some nausea for 2 weeks now I feel fine and it's so stressful.  But I also remember having very little nausea with my first pregnancy.  Today I feel great and it's stressing me right out.  
  • Options
    7w5d

My symptoms pretty much disappeared all last week which sent me spiraling but the last 2 days they have kicked back up. I can’t stand the smell of food being cooked right now. I just bought a bunch of groceries to cook meals for the next few days and the thought of eating/cooking them makes me gag. I don’t want everything to go bad though. So I may have to suffer through it. 
  • Options
    I figured out my app has been telling me the wrong days.. I change over on THURSDAYS, not Wednesdays, so I'm just 7w6d today. Anyway, I still feel like trash all of the time, even with unisom/b6. I'm self-quarantining from work this week and also decided to skip out on homeschooling, so I get to nap during my homeschool hours instead of doing that, which is nice. I'm super over the nausea. I feel like a broken record, but I can't do anything but whine about it all the time. I also have a new symptom: bloody boogers. No nosebleeds, just a stuffy nose and when I blow it, there's some crusty blood. Gross. I also started getting some cramps again, super mild, and maybe my pants' fault, so I'm not thinking too hard into it. U/S next Friday, and I'm so excited!
  • Options
    Sooo tired! I went to bed right after the kids last night. I’ve been totally slacking on exercise (even though I know it helps!) because of nausea or being tired 
  • Options
    7+3. I am so moody today I could punch someone!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    @runningonindie that was me yesterday!! I picked a fight with DH about 3 separate dumb things in the afternoon. Like things I don’t even really care about but yesterday I DID and he needed to know about it lol.
  • Options
    Lately my nausea has switched on me, now I feel sick from 4pm onward instead of morning/afternoon. Not sure which I prefer lol 
  • Options
    I just stalked the Aug21 board to see if their nausea is tapering off, and it seems like some of them are reporting that it starts to wane around 11 weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed!!! That's still THREE WEEKS AWAY for me though : (
  • Options
    @Aerialmrs The pregnancy that I was the sickest, my symptoms stopped around 10 weeks. I have had then stop anywhere between 10-14 weeks. 
  • Options
    @Aerialmrs I felt almost (almost) normal yesterday. Ate dinner with everyone else and even did a 20 min workout and cleaned the bathroom. Gave me a taste of normal life again but back to feeling crappy today. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    I am 6+5 today. I don’t know why but, a second ago I thought I was going into week 8 on Sunday. I got a faint positive 3+4. My biggest symptom at first was spacey/forgetfulness and exhaustion/ having a hard time sleeping. I was able to get in a few workouts and I totally thought I wasn’t going to get MS because I felt so good besides being tired...🤦‍♀️Literally got whacked as soon as I turned 6w. Food/eating is just driving me nuts! Not hungry, then starving. Nausea cause I need to eat, nausea cause I ate. Oh, and having a hard time drinking water, which isn’t normal for me. 
    Today I woke up with a headache and it’s not going away. Anyone else have headaches? 
  • Options
    I forgot to mention, I have a very energetic 4yo...anyone else struggling? Lol. 
  • Options
    @aerialmrs 11 weeks is so far away!!! 😭

@wandavision first, I like the name! Second YES struggling with the 2 bigs so bad. My boys have a lot of energy and I do not 
  • Options
    @wandavision Mine came on STRONG right at 6w too! I feel you on the children with energy. I have an almost 6yo cooped up inside with me and I've been woken up from a nap by flying limbs several times.  :#

@emeraldcity1214 that gives me hope! 10 weeks is significantly sooner! I'll just be over here crossing all of my body parts for the next 2 weeks.
  • Options
    ageaagea member
    edited February 2021
    This week was the hardest for me. On Sunday I started getting really pukey and then spiraled from there. I stopped taking the diclegis on Monday bc I wasn’t sure it was helping. On Wednesday I finally reached out to my doctor because I was profoundly MISERABLE and she told me to resume the diclegis. It seems to be helping. There were parts of yesterday and today I almost felt myself. Almost. I can’t wait to feel somewhat normal again.

@whatabout2ndbreakfast my 2 boys give me no relief either. They love to dogpile on my stomach.

@wandavision I’m usually a big water drinker and struggling rn too. What’s helping- adding flavor. I bought an array of things to have on hand and it’s helping a lot: Gatorade/vitamin water, apple juice (I cut it with cold water about 50/50), spindrift, lemons/limes, carnation instant breakfast mixed with almond milk, oj. I’m finding it much easier to hydrate with cold and flavored things even tho it’s not my norm.

9+3 today. I pray it’s easing up soon. I can’t spend any more days crying on the bathroom floor.
  • Options
    6+5 today. The nausea is intense but I am simultaneously having crazy food cravings. Last night, I had to talk myself out of making a trip across town for banana cream pie. I can't even remember the last time I've had that, btw. Pregnancy is weird.

Anyway, I feel the constant need to munch to keep the queasy feeling away. @wandavision I totally understand the struggle of nausea because I need to eat, nausea because I ate. It's maddening trying to find something that will settle right in my stomach. The only thing I've found that consistently doesn't make me sick is a baked potato.

Other than that my shortness of breath has been pretty bad. I get winded from doing trivial tasks like laundry or showering. Workouts have completely come to a halt. This is normal, right??
  • Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast how much unisom are you taking? My MW said to start at 12.5mg, so I'm doing that but I think I want to increase. I'll call before I do, but just wondering what amount is working for others!
  • Options
    @aerialmrs it’s half a 25mg tablet so the same. The only B6 I could find was 100mg so I only took one this morning. It all wore off a little after I posted earlier and I get worse than before I took anything. I think I’m going to cut the B6 in half and try it twice tmrw and see what that does. The OB said 50-100mg B6 3x day but that seemed like a lot 
  • Options
    I am 9w2d and SUPER winded. I’m fine in the morning but after noon any effort (especially stairs) just takes it out of me and I have to catch my breath.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So last night I noticed my morning sickness went away. I felt pretty normal appetite wise. My boobs looked a little deflated and definitely less sore. Called the doctor and they said it's normal for these symptoms to fluctuate, and as long as I'm not cramping or bleeding, don't worry. I should be reassured but tbh this has set me into an anxiety spiral. Who knew I'd want the morning sickness BACK??  I think I've been extra worried with this one, being older (I'm 38 and this is my 3rd baby). Talk me off the ledge 😩
  • Options
    @kissyfir1586 I'm right there with you. This is baby 3 and my symptoms have really been fluctuating causing me to be so anxious. I seem to have good days and bad days so I'm just trying to stay calm. I never had this with my first 2 kids...I just felt like garbage 24/7!
  • Options
    @nasalot188 same! With my prior two I was so sick all the time. I don't remember having these big fluctuations.  
  • Options
    sleepydazesleepydaze member
    edited February 2021
    @kissyfir1586 same here! I feel more paranoid this time since I had a scare earlier and am still waiting on my ultrasound appt. On the bright side, I've finally been able to eat some veggies in the last two days, the first in 2-3 weeks!
  • Options
    @sleepydaze glad you were able to stomach some veggies finally.

I am seriously completely exhausted by the time 4:00 rolls round.  I just don't have the energy to do anything. 11 weeks tomorrow! Almost of the the first trimester already!

Pregnancy Ticker