August 2021 Moms

Ultrasound Thread

Re: Ultrasound Thread

• Loading the player...
  • @obsessedwithoranges eeek!!!  Your baby looks perfect!  And measuring a couple days ahead!!  😍 
  • Baby's got back! Err a spine. ;) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @alexa_94 look at that belly! so cute

• Great ultrasounds! 

My CNM doesn't do a NT US, she said there are other newer recommended ways to detect concerns. So no US until 20 weeks. 😔
  • @doodlemom131 mine didn't print pictures but they emailed them to me. I wonder if yours could do that? 
  • @shoogapoff they didn't really take any other non anatomy photos. Also it's Canada so I doubt they even have the capacity to email. There were CDs available in the other clinic but they stopped that once support people were allowed to come I think.
  • @doodlemom131 Aww. That's too bad! 
  • Backstory: I had my anatomy scan a month ago, and they didn't say anything negative about it at all at the time (it was at an MFM's office, and I met with the Dr at the actual visit). When I went for my March midwife appointment, the MFM's office hadn't sent the results over yet, so we didn't talk about it at all.

This week, I was checking my patient portal to see if the anatomy scan results had been posted, because I was curious about my placenta location. Anyway, the results were posted (I have an anterior placenta), but they also mentioned in the notes that "placental cord insertion is suboptimal". Long story short, I ended up calling the midwives to clarify what this might mean, and they honestly weren't sure. They thought it could mean the visualization of the cord placement was suboptimal, or it could mean I have marginal cord placement. Bottom line, the midwives are going to rescan me at my next visit on the 22nd just for peace of mind. 

I'm really frustrated with the MFM's office. Even if it was just that the visualization was suboptimal, because the whole scan was maybe 15 minutes. They didn't try at all to get baby to move or anything, and I just assumed I got super lucky and baby was in the right position the whole time. And if the cord insertion is marginal, then the dr should have told me that at the visit! 

Sorry, ladies. I just wanted to vent.
  • @shoogapoff Is it a possible for you to send a message through the patient portal to the doctor to request clarification?  I've done that a few times with my husband's oncologist when something he writes in his notes isn't clear.  He has an assistant that checks them and gets back to me with what the doctor says if he's too busy to write back himself.  Don't be afraid to demand an answer from someone.  It's your medical records and your body and if you want an answer then someone should give it to you!

• @shoogapoff I agree with @ladyk127. If you don't want another scan on the 22nd (which I could see why you don't mind seeing baby again) I would email them or call their nurseline to get answers. Never less, it's still frustrating that you found out through the portal instead of being told by the dr.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @shoogapoff - That is super frustrating. Do the midwives not have access to the scan so they can see if it's an image issue or not? Also 15 minutes seems crazy short for an AS! Mine was a full hour!
  • @the_most_happy the farther along in the pregnancy you are the less accurate a ultrasound is for size. That's why they do dating scans around 8 weeks and are very unlikely to change your edd if the size is off for your 20 week scan. I believe I was between 28-32 weeks with DS when he was measuring in the 3rd percentile witch is why they said I had to be induced at 37 weeks, but he was in the 10th percentile at birth. In the following scans he was still measuring 5th or less.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq