April 2021 Moms
Options

MPM/Nesting week of 2.8

What are your meal/nesting plans for the week?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: MPM/Nesting week of 2.8

• Options
    Meals for the week:

fish and chips (I made this for the first time yesterday and I don't think I'll ever do it again lol)
    black pepper tofu and eggplant
    peanutty noodles with tempeh crumbles
    cauliflower cheese soup (This has been on the plan the last two weeks and I haven't managed to make it happen.  Maybe this is the week?)
    Misir Wat & Atakilt Wat (Ethiopian)

Leftovers the other nights.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    bbrahmbhattbbrahmbhatt member
    edited February 2021
    @kadeephd mmm the tofu sounds delish! There's this crispy tofu dish that I LOVE from a place in Chinatown, but it is close to a 40 minute drive for us, so I don't get it very often.

This week I'm planning...
    bacon cheeseburger pasta
    greek chicken bowls 
    chicken taco salads
    hamburgers

Maybe leftovers, hot dogs or breakfast for dinner the other nights. 

As far as nesting, I'm just doing some house cleaning/organizing/purging this week. I did wash/sterilize and put away bottles yesterday, so that is something. And we were gifted the most beautiful hand-made mobile that I want to hang soon. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    bblair24bblair24 member
    edited February 2021
    Meal plan: whatever DH gets from the store today. 😂 We never ate our hot dogs last week, so we’ll have that too. I am starting to feel limited on what I can eat - the past few times I’ve eaten pasta I’ve felt awwwwful afterwards. Like super strength indigestion. 

As for nesting, I need to continue to organize and purge! We’re thinking about starting to move the school room to the downstairs room in March, so we need to have those rooms ready to go. I’m hoping my back will allow me to do at least minimal work this week. 
  • Options
    @bblair24 I totally hear you on the indigestion! I'm struggling to find things that aren't too fatty, greasy, acidic or starchy because all those things seem to make it worse. Even being careful I can't really sleep on my left side at all anymore...my right hip hates me.
  • Options
    bblair24bblair24 member
    edited February 2021
    @bbrahmbhatt yes, the starch seems to really do me in! Luckily I can still eat grilled cheese, because that's been my lunch/dinner on days when I don't know what else to eat. I'm also eating soup and salads pretty frequently, and chips and salsa. I'm getting tired of most of these things but I'm not sure what else to eat besides meat and veggies. 

I'm sorry you're having hip issues! Have you tried extra pillows at night? 
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt I was getting serious hip pain from sleeping on my side and my SIL, who is an OB and has been pregnant twice, said during her third tris she has had to sleep almost on her back or almost on her stomach to be comfortable.  I've tried both ways and find that if I wedge some pillows under me and flip more onto my stomach (or at least to the front of my hips rather than having one hip on top of the other) my hips hurt a lot less.  She said she preferred to sleep mostly on her back with a pillow wedged under a hip but I don't find that as comfortable and it makes me more nervous.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @bblair24 @bbrahmbhatt I’m in the indigestion boat too, lately. Food is just annoying me to no end. Lol.

Definitely no meal prepping going on around here. Nothing sounds good lately and if something does, I usually regret it greatly after with all the indigestion and heartburn! Bleh :|

As far as nesting goes, I think I’ve nearly purged and organized every nook and cranny of the house this last week! I go into manic cleaning mode when I’m anxious and I’ve been pretty anxious awaiting the repairs on our car so tried to stay busy instead. All that was left was the monstrosity of a garage but hubby and I tackled the cleaning and reorganizing part of it yesterday. Spent today donating/selling everything we decided we had no use for anymore. Feels great but now I am itching to deep clean and prep baby stuff, which I still feel is too soon. Time to find a hobby for the meantime! Lol. 

• Options
    I've also been getting hip pain from sleeping on my side @bbrahmbhatt @kadeephd I've been pretty much doing what you said, like half side sleeping/half stomach sleeping where I'm putting all my weight on a huge pile of pillows lol. It's still sort of sleeping on my side, but my hips aren't stacked. 

Today I organized every baby thing we've purchased or have been gifted so far and took an inventory to figure out what else I need or what I have enough of. I think we're actually in really good shape - plenty of clothing, bibs, pacifiers, diapers, wipes, hats, toys, medicine, and all of the essential baby gear. We're waiting on a few things to arrive but I can see that people purchased them off of our registry. DH and I also tried to put on the Moby wrap today - totally impossible haha. I got frustrated and gave up. Going to try to watch a video tomorrow, but if it doesn't seem easier I'm putting that sucker back in the box and returning it. We also got an Ergo baby carrier and that seems a lot easier haha. DH lined all of the drawers in the baby dresser, now I'm just looking for the right drawer organizers so I can put away all of the clothes and blankets, etc. 

Food wise this week -
    - Tonight was greek salads with chicken, hummus, and low carb pita 
    - Other meals this week: Filets + broccoli and sweet potato fries in the air fryer, Chicken fajitas or quesadillas, chicken noodle soup in the instant pot made with protein noodles, and by the end of the week probably some kind of stir fry with whatever veggies are left in the fridge or in the freezer. 

• Options
    @theblondebump wraps aren't for everyone but I've personally loved them (solly has been my favorite). I didn't find the soft structured carrier to work until my kids were a few months old. I couldn't keep their mouth/nose off of my chest and it worried me that they couldn't breathe. DD2 was small (6lbs 11oz and overdue) but DD1 was 8lbs at birth and I still felt that way. A ring sling might suit your needs better. I only did the wrap with my first (no ring sling) and I was out breastfeeding hands free(ish) in the ring sling at less than a week postpartum with DD2. I never tried one with DD1 but wish I hadn't been so intomidated. I have a wildbird and I'm obsessed with it. So excited to use it again! There's a learning curve/confidence needed so I don't want to talk you into something you won't feel comfortable using but I'm happy to talk through it with you when you get there for either. Or you could join a baby wearing group. I'm in one and I see ppl share pictures asking for recommendations in how to fix what's wrong with their setup all the time. A ring sling is much simpler to put on but the wrap is super secure and worked a bit longer for me. DH was only ever good with the soft structured carrier. The SSC will be used for so long though!! We walked/hiked 10 miles with our 2yo in the hiking backpack and 8mo in the SSC in hawaii (we wanted to walk up diamondhead but realized we would have to walk there and back to not have car seats with us). And we hiked locally with the 2yo in it before she got toooo big.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @kvh22 okay, all good to know! I really want to master the wrap but I had very little patience today haha. I think if I watch a video it might be more helpful than trying to figure it out from the instructions in the box (a series of pictures without words). I’ll let you know how attempt #2 goes!
  • Options
    @theblondebump I definitely had to watch a video to figure out the Moby! I’m a visual person and have to see someone else do whatever I’m trying to do. Once I figured it out I loved it. 

I’m wanting to try a K’tan this time - it’s similar to what the Moby looks like once you have the Moby on, but you put it on like a t-shirt rather than wrapping the big piece of fabric around you. I watched a video on that one too after some of my D16 group recommended it to me!
  • Options
    @theblondebump You’ve gotten me curious about the wrap a friend passed along to me now that I forgot about! I’m not sure which one it is but I’m going to go look and see how epically I fail at figuring it out :D I’ve only ever used the easier backpack styles so this should be interesting! Lol. 
  • Options
    I forget our meals for the week but home chef and DoorDash are the only plans I’m making. I don’t have the mental capacity to plan more this week. 
    It’s been a big week in the getting things done department though. Most has been cleaning things out, but also some big projects and plans are finally coming together. We hired a part time nanny for DS, scheduled for our entry tile to finally be replaced, decided to go with a doula, and I made a cute little outdoor Dino park/play area for DS that’s been on my mental to-do list for over a year. We have this random dirt pit in our backyard and the end goal is a fun construction/truck/dinosaur/ mud kitchen type area so getting that actually started was nice. 
  • Options
    @bblair24 I love my K’tan! Highly recommend. Size down though.
  • Options
    @theblondebump @kvh22 @bblair24 I've been intimidated by our Moby too! I think I've pulled it out of the box twice but I haven't really tried putting it on. I've saved a few how-to videos to Pinterest, so maybe that will be my project for this week!
  • Options
    @juliebird6 that’s good to know! I was kind of thrown off by the sizes, not because it was confusing but because based on how a shirt is made I’ll wear either a small or medium. I have both in my drawer. I guess I should go for the small then?
  • Options
    @bblair24 Definitely. I'm about the same - usually a small pre-pregnancy, sometimes medium. I bought a medium as a FTM and it was too big so I had a hard time getting a snug hold with DD. I ended up getting another one in a small and it was much better.
  • Options
    @juliebird6 thank you for the advice! I will be sure I get a small ☺️
  • Options
    Good to know about the sizing for the K'tan! @juliebird6 It can't hurt to have a Moby and a K'tan, I think I'll order one of those too, just to be safe lol. We've had multiple family members tell us there aren't enough items on our registry so maybe I will add one of those! 

• Options
    @theblondebump I really love my K'tans. I am too lazy to figure out all the slings/wraps and I found the K'tan VERY easy to use. 
  • Options
    The wrap passed along to me by a friend I was talking about last night is a Solly wrap. I like it! It’s super soft and comfortable. I have to say, it went way better than I expected figuring it out! Lol. I can’t vouch for the holding the baby part as I only had a stuffed animal to practice with but, the process really wasn’t too confusing and didn’t make me pretzel myself to get it to work. I do think I want to try the k’tan too though with how you all are describing it’s ease of use. 
  • Options
    @bluey101321 oo I LOVE my Solly. Way more than my other wraps (I tried a few as a FTM and they were *fine*). I wasn't going to buy another one but realized I forgot a carrier when we traveled at Christmas last year. I borrowed a friends ring sling for a week but ordered myself the Solly to my mom's. Idk that there's much of it in our future but I love the wraps for the airport b/c you can keep baby in them through security.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @kvh22 I was SO pleasantly surprised with it and hadn’t ever heard of that one. I’ve not been a fan of any wraps with my other two. Usually they’re a pain to put on or they’d bunch up and make a pressure spot after a while but this one is so soft and light I don’t think that’s going to be an issue. I just hope it feels secure once I can try it with the baby in it. I plan to use it for when we have to go out for appts or quick errands when it’s a must to keep people from getting in his bubble! Lol. 
  • Options
    We used the K'tan a lot in the early days with my son.  It's a bit of a learning curve to put it on but once we got it, it worked well.  We transitioned to the ergobaby structured carrier when he was a bit bigger.  I'm hoping to do more baby wearing this time than last time and am considering trying a ring sling too.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kadeephd same with trying to do more baby wearing this time! I figure the poor third child will need to become an attachment pretty much while I’m teaching homeschool and everything. I hope to rely on the carrier pretty heavily for that!