September 2021 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating

Re: What my pregnant self is eating

• @agea YES, it is a chore! That’s the most accurate description of eating right now, it sucks. 

@krash_ your sig photo was my reaction to pink starburst kd lol
  • Every commercial for junk food that comes on tv makes me want to run out an buy it. Reese's cups, Doritos, Dairy Queen, McDonalds...I want it all. 😆 Haven't actually gone out to buy any of it though. I have also been dreaming of jelly donuts, but I always feel icky after eating them and I already feel blah. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Eating a toaster strudel at 10:30 pm. IDGAF. 
  • @lmcw I haven't had a toaster strudel since high school and now I want one. 😬 
  • I was really wanting apple juice this morning so after I dropped DD off at preschool I stopped to get some and of course had to get a slice of sausage breakfast pizza.  Not a healthy breakfast by any means, but tasted good.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @emeraldduchess Neither had I up until this week lol I was feeling slightly less nauseous when I was grocery shopping and a few unusual items just threw themselves into my cart 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
  • lilly_bluelilly_blue member
    edited January 2021
    I've been having a lot of food aversions, so my pregnant self doesn't like a lot of things...including, cheese and ice cream.  

I have been eating oatmeal for breakfast, with some fruit and flax seeds.

I think I am finding Chipotle burrito to be one of the more tolerable meals. So I might be getting a lot of Chipotle in the upcoming weeks. I've also been making homemade tacos, quinoa salads, roasted vegetables, and smoothies at home.
  • I don't know if anybody here has a Crumble cookie shop near you..but they have a new cornbread cookie...DS1 and I just went and got one to share and omg..they're delicious. 
  • @chewie5990 we just had one open up near by and went a couple weeks ago. The cookies were good but a bit too cake-y and not as chewy as I like a cookie. I got the Carrot Cake cookie and it was basically like a cupcake top. The Twix cookie was delish though!
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• I was craving Greek salad so bad today, didn't have any dressing so scoured the web for a homemade recipe. Soooo. Good. Definitely could be worse cravings so ill take it  :D
  • Craving savory/salty things more than sweet! 
    Love oranges but had a bad nauseous reaction to one a few weeks back and haven't had one since. 
    Raw chicken makes me want to gag, but we bought a cooked rotisserie one night and I seemed to do okay with that. 

I really want a ham and cheese sandwich with ALLLL the fixings 😭 

Overall, I have had queasiness with food and the feeling that it's stuck at the top of my throat and some acid reflux. Can't wait for the first trimester to be over, though my anxiety wonders if it will actually get better! 

Nothing worse than ruining more food you like by burping up the taste of it afterwards.
  • Super cold lemonade has been nice lately. And this weekend I traded fig bars as my morning snack for chocolate chips granola bars. Now I'm tired of those. Eating is definitely a chore! I can't wait until I can enjoy food again.
  • Somehow spaghettiOs made it into my cart. I ate three bites and immediately regret the purchase. Every time I’m pregnant, I find myself wanting foods from my childhood though. It’s so odd. 

I’ve been eating a lot tuna fish with crackers, oranges, and pho cravings. Like the rest of you, meal prep and deciding what to eat in general is a chore. 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @Jcrewgirl85 omg I ordered pho last night because I just had to have it.  And it was the most glorious meal I have had in a long time. 
  • @Jcrewgirl85 I always crave childhood foods too! I’ve been down the spaghettio road a time or two. Also things like pop tarts and fig Newton’s. I buy a package, eat one or two and then can’t look at it again.
  • Green apples are helping with my nausea! Thought I’d share in case anyone else wanted to try!
  • All I want to eat today is bread and melted cheese. I bought all sorts of vitamin-rich food when that’s what I was craving and now I want none of it. Here’s hoping it comes back around before it all goes bad...
  • I just baked myself a cheesecake and it’s the first thing that tasted good all day 
  • I'm finding that I get nauseous mid-meal, which seems so weird. I don't really look forward to eating, either. Things taste good at first, but halfway through, I don't want to eat anymore. It's almost impossible to have smaller meals because I'm a teacher and I can't eat in front of my class because it would require taking my mask off/down. 😐
    I want to bake ALL the cookies/brownies but I don't have the energy, either. @whatabout2ndbreakfast cheesecake sounds AMAZING right now, btw. 

• Mostly bland things are my friend.

I ate a TON of potatoes when I was pregnant with my son, but haven't been as into them this pregnancy. Not a lot has really sounded really good...except spinach. Out of the blue I requested spinach last week and it's been pretty tasty.

I don't have much of an appetite so figuring out what to eat has been hard. I also have celiac so the usual crackers for nausea don't work. I broke down and ordered a life's supply of GF ramen on amazon, and threw in some GF crackers and cupcakes while I was there.
  • I was on a zoom meeting yesterday and someone was making sushi. So of course I had to have some and ordered some take out. It was delicious and I plan to buy all the things I need to start making some rolls at home. Her rolls were huge and looked sooo yummy! 
  • @emeraldcity1214 Oh my gosh, sushi sounds amazing! Heck, even vegetarian sushi sounds so, so good right now. Keep us posted on how making your own goes!

It’s no surprise based on that reaction that all I’ve wanted to eat lately is rice, plain vegetables, and grilled meat. My husband made teriyaki steak and grilled pineapple on Monday and I’ve eaten it two more times since then, despite leftovers being a huge issue for my nausea right now. Just give me all the rice, acidic fruits, and simple proteins please! 
  • @IdleFancy I’m already planning a trip to the grocery store this afternoon so I can possibly make some this evening for dinner. I may make a few California rolls and save them in the fridge for lunch tomorrow too. 
  • I had Vegetable Lentil Soup last night for dinner with cheddar cheese sprinkled on top and some sour cream and soup crackers. It was DELICIOUS, like the most satisfying thing I've eaten in weeks. And then 20 minutes later I felt awful and nauseous for the rest of the night  :'(
  • Somehow Cheetos paws made it in the cart last time I went shopping and I can't stop eating them.  I've been portioning them out so I don't blow through the while bag  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I made some sushi rolls the other night but in my rush to do it I didn’t realize that the rice actually needs to be seasoned. So I’m giving it another go today. The rice taste much better but I’m so queasy I feel like I may not be able to eat it or anything else. 
  • nasalot188nasalot188 member
    edited February 2021
    @runningoncookies e that's been me almost everyday  :D
  • @nasalot188 glad I’m not alone! It’s the first thing I’ve enjoyed eating in days lol!
  • @runningoncookies @nasalot188 My dinner was basically all french fries too, and they were glorious!
  • Smoothies and cinnamon sugar toast have been the only things I can reliably eat. Everything else makes me feel sick to even think about eating. Oh and junk food. I've been really into sour gummy worms lately.
  • There's a new(ish) donut place a few towns over and I follow them on IG.  I saw their new menu last night launching today and I had to get myself a creme brulee donut.  I went at 8:45 this morning and they were sold out!  :'(  I was a very sad pregnant lady but at least I got a delicious Boston cream donut. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @krash_ I may have had to hold back the tears.  I missed them by 15 minutes! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @feelingjovani

I found you! ;)

I had the same experience last pregnancy when all I wanted was a chickfila peach milkshake and their damn machine had just broken. And I was stuck in the drive through and couldn't even just speed away (like I wanted)
  • I cried last pregnancy when my husband got me Arby's roast beef sandwiches but forgot the Arby's sauce 😂.  Poor guy was so confused...
  • Bagels. So many bagels! 🥯 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• They were talking about tuna on the radio a week ago Friday and since then I really wanted tuna holding, but no one else in my house will eat it.  Finally made it today while DH was picking up DD from MIL'S house.  It was delicious!

Pregnancy Ticker

• I had 3 munchkins the other day and felt sick after. If this baby doesn't like donuts, I want a DNA test because there's no way they're my child! I've also been toasting waffles, topping them with peanut butter, banana slices, and chia seeds. I don't like feeling like I have to force myself to eat, but I suppose that will pass.
  • I’ve been drinking glass upon glass of skim milk all weekend. I haven’t had (or wanted) milk like that in..... years