Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Thursday 1.28

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Thursday 1.28

• Options

Month/Cycle: 8/7

CD: 22

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPKs

R/R: I’m trying to lay off of so much dairy so I bought a new almond milk creamer. Tried it this morning and... I don’t hate it! I’m not crazy about almond milk so this is pretty big for me. It’s actually a little too sweet so I’ll use less of it next time. Also, I’m pretty sure today is O day!! 

CS/Q: Anyone get crampy around O? I was SO crampy yesterday that if I didn’t know any better I would have thought AF was coming. I sometimes get a little throbbing on one side, but this was different. So strange, that’s never happened to me before. 

• Options
    @fameonmain2 I have experienced cramping around ovulation (although not consistently).  It’s annoying!

Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: temping, opk

R/R: Thank you to everyone who wished me good sleep!  I had a much better night last night.  

Also, the discussion yesterday reminded me that I have a tendency to have bad dreams about not wearing masks.  Usually the dream starts with me just chilling in a large crowd of people and then realizing “what am I doing, there’s a pandemic!”  I have a lot of anxiety about COVID.

**TW** TTC History
    TTC#3 since Nov 2020 at ages 35 & 39
    TTC#1 - 2 IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 2 miscarriages (LC age 4)
    TTC#2 - a very welcome surprise without intervention (LC age 2)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 20/19

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: bbt, opks, pnvs

R/R: my appointment with my ob went well yesterday. She offered to do some testing in office but we talked and both decided that since neither of us think I have a condition that can be treated with meds there, that an RE would be our best next step, and referred us out. So I’ll just wait to hear from them. I’m anxious about it though. 

I don’t have much going on today! I’m just going to grocery shop and clean up around the house. I’ve had a busy week so I’ve been lax on my duties. 👽 

CS/Q: getting there.... 

@fameonmain2 glad you like the almond milk! I’ve tried it at coffee shops and not been a fan, but I should try it at home! I have definitely been crampy several times around O! It’s very similar to af, just lighter. 

@dobbysfavoritesock glad you slept better! 

• Options
    @fameonmain2 Have you tried oat milk? I actually prefer it over almond milk. And while I drink my coffee black with cinnamon, I always go with oat milk when I order lattes or chais and think it makes them so good. 

@dobbysfavoritesock oh, the way the pandemic has changed everything. Even our nightmares have changed!

@photographerwife glad your appointment went well! I’m hope an RE can offer you some answers and next steps. 

Month/Cycle: 7/1AL

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: OPKs

R/R: my 16 y/o cat has been waking me up in the middle of the night to eat. And of course I do it! But always makes me lazier in the mornings...or at least that’s what I’m blaming my laziness on Haha  

CS/Q: No questions. But I am way too antsy and I’m starting my CB Advanced Digital OPKs today 😂...even though it’s only CD9, I’d rather start too early than miss O. TW*

Especially since it’s first cycle back since August and AL. Not sure if maybe things will be off. 
  • Options
    @fameonmain2 yay for O day!

@dobbysfavoritesock glad you got better sleep last night. I've been super interested in getting a fitbit to see what it says about my sleep. I can't tell if I get good nights of sleep or not.

@photographerwife so glad your appointment went well. Keep us posted when you see the RE.

@sienna221 I'm so thankful my cat stopped waking me up in the middle of the night. However, it sounds like DH is up a lot during the night and he plays with her sometimes and I guess when I'm asleep I'm asleep so I don't wake up from any of that noise. How long are your cycles typically? I know the CB digitals have you start way sooner than the cheapies suggest. When I used those I think I was starting on CD9 because my shortest cycle off BC was 29 days. Now that I know I O anywhere from CD15-19 I could easily wait until CD12 or 13 with my cheapies. It's amazing how many I save haha. I did enjoy using them, but boy did that get expensive.

Month/Cycle: 43/3 AL

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: PNV, DHA, CoQ10, BBT, OPK, and the final TLA (three letter acronym) - HIO starting soon

R/R: wow it's already Thursday y'all! somehow this week has gone by fast. I wonder if that's because I've been slacking on crossing the days off in my calendar so when I look it shows I'm still on Tuesday. I don't know yet if I'll be starting to go into the office next week. My boss sent my thoughts/plans to his boss which then gets compiled with everyone else in the department and then goes to our GM or maybe HR(?) I think to see what to expect for number of people in the building and what plans/precautions need to be in place for that many people. I think there's not even 10 people across our 2 buildings normally in right now so it's pretty sparse. I don't know what they expect to do when there's going to be so many more of us. We'll see how this saga unfolds.

CS/Q: My temp keeps staying elevated just under 98. Normally pre-O temps are below 97.5. It did level out a few days before O last cycle so that happens this time too. Otherwise how the heck am I supposed to see my shift??

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 my cycles are so sporadic. Last year they varied between 17 days and 35 days. But the majority are around 267-29 days. I only have two O’s officially tracked and they were one CD17 and CD21. So I know I have time. I also typically get 5-6 days of flashing smileys on the CB digital before a peak/solid smiley. Figured I’d take advantage of that part too and start every other day then. 
  • Options
    @sienna221 267 days? Damn! :D:D I know it's a typo but still funny haha. That is quite sporadic! I used to be pretty consistently around 30-33 days with the occasional longer cycle but ever since been off all the fertility meds and being on this diet, I'm more like 28-31 days now.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @dobbysfavoritesock oh man, I haven’t gotten pandemic dreams yet but I’m sure it’s bound to happen. Glad you got a good nights sleep!

@photographerwife glad the meeting with your OB went well! Hopefully you will be able to get a clear plan for next steps soon. And good to know about the cramps- I was startled!

@sienna221 I have not tried oat milk but I’ll pick it up the next time I’m at the store! This creamer actually was really sweet so now I’m wondering what kind of additives are in there, but I don’t want to check the label! And our cat does the same thing just about every morning... most times we just try to coax him into bed with us lol. 

@inthewoods23 it just seems so silly that you are going back into work! That’ll be quite the transition for sure. I mean it’s totally manageable (especially with adults that you can easily stay away from) but also the rush just seems silly. Let’s get this vaccine out!
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 😂😂😂 whoops. 27-29 days! Although this last wait felt like that for AF. 
  • Options
    @fameonmain2 One potential "perk" since I'm often on the phone with our customers is that I may get to use a closed office so everybody doesn't have to listen to all these conversations. So even if I have to go in I will likely be far away from most people.

@sienna221 oh gosh I so know what you mean. The cycles after my failed FET and when I stopped the meds mid cycle from our cancelled 2nd FET took twice as long as normal. The cycle following the failed FET was 40 days and stopping mid cycle back in March ended up being 53 days. Good ol' lupron keeping the ovaries asleep.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options

@fameonmain2 I’m with you! I don’t like almond anything, unless they’re covered in chocolate haha. When I was on Whole30 I loved macadamia milk. I would mix that with dates and vanilla to make my creamer. When not doing W30 I just do 1/2 and 1/2 and lakanto... but I too am trying to find a long term dairy (milk) replacement! 

@inthewoods23 we go back to the office in July and it’s going to be so weird especially because I got a new job last March and haven’t worked 1 day in the office! Good luck and hopefully it’s a smooth transition back.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: HIO (SMEP), OPKs, BBT

R/R: OB appointment went well today, love my new doctor. I was so bummed when my old OB moved out of state last year. Didn’t have much to say really, but is totally supportive. She listened to my concerns and gave reassuring answers and we discussed a 6 month plan.

CS/Q: none