May 2021 Moms
Options

AMA/High risk Thread w/o 01/12

mimsermimser member
edited January 2021 in May 2021 Moms
Share any extra appointments, concerns, and news for AMA/high risk moms. 

Re: AMA/High risk Thread w/o 01/12

• Options
    No real news. Had an OB check up today and HB and BP were great. My temporary OB mentioned my glucose screening was just an "early screening" and I'll have to do a 2 hour test in a few weeks unless MFM says otherwise which is infuriating because nobody ever said that leading up to this one. Also, standard glucose tests are usually done between 24-28 weeks and I was like a day shy of 23 weeks when I took the 3 hour which I feel like should be close enough. ANYWAY. I've got a check up at MFM next week and I'm assuming they'll do a cervical length check there. Not sure if I'll get another abdominal u/s. 
  • Options
    Not much news here either. No more ultrasound for me until 28 weeks 😬 That's when we'll monitor my cervix again, baby's kidney and the amniotic fluid level. Nothing to be concerned about at this point. I had a little more fluid than normal at my AS, which could indicate diabetes or nothing like baby just had a bigger wee before the ultrasound. Guess we'll find out about diabetes in a few weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have an appointment with the fetal cardiologist in 2 weeks. My mfm upped my bedtime insulin again. I vomited again today. I though maybe my nausea wasn’t as bad this time. Now I think I just manage it better with zofran as needed. I’m excited to have a new baby but I’m so glad this is my last pregnancy. I feel like I have tons of appointments and feel like it’s only going to be more from here. 

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    @mkc3888 I hope the appointment at the cardiologist goes well! Mine was more reassuring than anything. 🤞

My next appointments are both Feb 4th. But their screening questions always involve ‘have you traveled by plane in the last 2 weeks?’. I will have just gotten back from Hawaii, which requires negative covid tests to get into. So not sure if I should just lie and say no, or call ahead and see what will happen if I say yes. We wear masks at all appointments and social distance anyway. Any thoughts? I really don’t want to change my appointments 😬

While I’m super excited that Mia’s heart got a great report. I was reading the report and in the ‘abnormalities’ area, her tilted heart was listed.... and also a ‘left sided stomach’. Which now has started a new ball of worry. Of course I googled it, which wasn’t helpful. But this was the cardiologist’s report, so they only deal with heart issues. I guess I’ll have to wait till February 4th to find out more. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @yellingbanana Could you call your mfm or send them a message asking about it.  It would drive me bananas to have that lingering over me on vacation.  Plus I generally worry more than necessary. 

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    @yellingbanana I would 100% call your mfm and ask about the left sided stomach note. 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @yellingbanana happy to hear that Mia got a great heart report but as others have said i would def call to see what is up with the stomach note and to see if its something to worry about.

As for me, we had our fetal echo last week and the cardiologist noted a leaky valve, he thinks it is within normal limits as the structure looks ok, but i have to go back in 3 weeks for a follow up to see if it has resolved or gotten better.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @lilnessi praying everything is ok! Waiting is the worst :(
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @lilnessi I hope it resolves on its own!

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    Oh no @lilnessi I’m sorry! Hopefully it gets better! When my Ob noticed the heart stuff going on, he recommended I take 5000iu of Vitamin D and 5mg L-Methylfolate everyday in addition to the prenatals. Maybe it’ll help? Certainly can’t hurt! 

• Options
    @yellingbanana thanks! i have my appointment tomorrow so fingers crossed everything looks good, if not maybe ill try those supplements as well!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    yellingbananayellingbanana member
    edited January 2021
    Good luck @lilnessi ❤️ 
    And make sure to head over to the Private Group May 2021, in community  click ‘groups’, then May 2021