September 2021 Moms

PGAL 1/25

This is a check in for those of us who are experiencing pregnancy after a loss (miscarriage, chemical pregnancy, stillbirth,  child loss, to name a few). Hopefully we can all lend support to each other through the hormone filled craziness that is pregnancy!

Just a reminder: there is a general loss trigger warning on this entire thread. 

1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)?

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)?

4. When is your next appointment? 

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)  

Re: PGAL 1/25

• 1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  6w4d; 14 weeks is my next milestone

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? I feel fine right now but I haven’t really started moving around yet. 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? Not as anxious as I thought I would be today. My US is this afternoon and I am excited but nervous. I’m sure the closer I get to the appointment the more anxious I will be. I’m going alone which is typical bc DH watches the kids. 

4. When is your next appointment? Today 

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)  pretty much all that was written about my appointment. 

• 1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  7 weeks

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? Fatigued and I have had a few bouts of feeling icky/maybe nauseous after eating. My lower back is also achy. I keep thinking I should be feeling worse, which does nothing for my nerves. 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? It's pretty bad. I am dreading my ultrasound on Thursday more than I am looking forward to it because I am so scared. I am glad DH is driving me to the appointment, even though he can't come in. 

4. When is your next appointment? Thursday. Ultrasound is at 7 am, then I go home for a tele-appointment at 9:45. I put in for a half sick day at work. If we get bad news, I will just call the school and tell them I won't be in. I might be new to the staff, but I know the admins will understand. 

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here) Feeling a little overwhelmed trying to figure out what food/drink is safe vs. unsafe. SO much conflicting and confusing info out there. Know what helped me the most? The Try Guys video on YouTube where they eat like pregnant women for a week. 😆 I feel like that was the most informative. 

• Loading the player...
  • @emeraldduchess Your OB office should be able to tell you all the things you aren’t suppose to eat. The basics are simple. No unpasteurized dairy, no raw fish (sushi, etc), lunch meat should be heated (listeria). You can get listeria from salad and hummus too I believe. You are suppose to also keep caffeine under or right at 200mg. That’s all I can think of right now. 

I have eaten raw fish while pregnant before. I have also eaten tons of non heated lunch meat and eaten soft cheeses that I wasn’t 100% certain was pasteurized. I will say, after my 14 week loss I follow the rules more often than not. DH saw me eating raw cookie dough last night and got really mad at me. 🙄 I guess raw cookie dough is another one. 
  • edited January 2021
    @emeraldcity1214 I am so glad your appointment went well. 💚
    Thank you for helping calm me down both here and in other threads, my fellow Oz girl. :) I got a pregnancy booklet from my RE but it's kind of vague. TBH I don't really like or regularly eat most of the foods on the list, so that's probably why I am driving myself crazy...thinking my diet should be super-strict! 
    I haven't had an OB visit yet, but I expect they'll go over all that again with me when I have my first appointment. 

ETA: Now I am craving cookie dough. Just found these recipes. I think I'll give them a try this weekend! 
    https://www.cookingclassy.com/edible-cookie-dough/
  • @emeraldduchess You don’t need a strict diet unless you plan to eat clean while pregnant. Some women choose to do that. I can to an extent but not completely. I’m hoping to avoid gaining the 36 lbs I usually gain and keep it to around 20. I need to avoid the cookie dough for that. 😂 Honestly, I just needed some comfort food after the US. It was so stressful and took a lot out of me emotionally. 
  • edited January 2021
    @emeraldcity1214 I put in for half a sick day tomorrow for my appointment.  I figure if the appointment doesn't go as I hoped, I can call the school and tell them I won't be in. I hate thinking like that, but it's the PGAL reality. 

• . How far along are you? Any milestones? 8W5D

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? Nauseous like always 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? It’s up there today. We’re on our way to my ultrasound appointment and I’m so nervous. I keep telling myself I’ll relax more after this appointment but I doubt it 

4. When is your next appointment? Today! 

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged) none today 

• @emeraldduchess I am the president of one of my mom groups and I have to hold meetings for everything we plan. They wanted to plan a meeting the day of my US. I told them no and the day after wasn’t good either just in case it went bad. So I totally get it. 

• @ladylynn222 Hopefully everything goes well. 
  • My anxiety is kicking up. My symptoms have disappeared today. I know it’s normal for them to come and go but my RHR dropped quite a bit too. It wouldn’t be the first time I have lost a baby only days after a good US. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 I am sending lots of hugs. PGAL is such a mind@#$!. 💚 Keep us updated, ok? 
  • edited January 2021
    @emeraldduchess I was awake all night from nausea. Lol, I’m a mixture of happy with relief and annoyed from lack of sleep. After I finally fell asleep my girls decided 3am was their wake up time and I had to put them back to bed. I always assume summers will be riddled with issues like that but winter is the same because it’s dark even when we get up late. So they never know. 

ETA: I’m glad your US went so well! That’s a good FHB! 
  • @emeraldduchess I’m glad you got some relief!

my ultrasound went good 🥰 measuring right on track and heart rate was 142 
  • I’m itching to break out my Doppler. Last time I found the FHB at 8 weeks. I plan to wait until at least Monday and start trying. It will bring me so much peace to be able to hear the baby’s HB whenever I start getting anxious. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 I just ordered a doppler and it's supposed to be here next.  I'm so excited to use it!

1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  8w6d

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? The pain I was having finally stopped this weekend thank goodness.  The all day nausea is setting in.  Not enough to puke, but just enough to feel blah all day.

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)?  I think it's just the typical I want to know everything is okay.

4. When is your next appointment? Feb 8th

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)  not much.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @emeraldcity1214 I'm sorry you were nauseous all night, but yay for the return of symptoms! 
  • I plan to call my OB office in the morning and see if they can get me in. My symptoms are nonexistent at this point. I’m so sad and scared. This will be my second loss in a row if I have MC. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 - I'm so sorry to hear, sending hugs. No/low symptom days always kick my anxiety into high gear. Hoping everything is fine for you, keep us updated!
  • 1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  Techincally 8w3d, but I was measuring about a week behind at my u/s last Monday so who knows.

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? Almost no nausea which keeps my anxiety high. Boobs are still getting sore everyday.

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)?  Ups and downs....if I have a low symptom day my anxiety goes up and if I'm feeling it I actually feel better about everything.

4. When is your next appointment? Follow up ultrasound on Friday

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)  I don't know how to feel at this point. My last ultrasound wasn't great and I haven't had strong symptoms, but I haven't had ANY spotting like I did with my other losses. I just really want our next follow up to be really good so that we don't feel like we are in limbo still.

• @cheers28 Were you charting? Hopefully you just ovulated later. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 I wasn't temping this time. I got positive OPKs on CD 14 & 15 and a positive on 13 DPO. So while there might be few days of uncertainty, a whole week doesn't make sense.
  • @cheers28 Hopefully a lot happens between the last US and the follow up. 

Yesterday was torture for me. I laid in bed for hours just sick feeling over something being wrong. It wasn’t sick from MS unfortunately. I’m still feeling nothing in that area. I’m just waiting for the OB office to open so I can call and beg for them to see me today. 
  • I went in for my US. I was prepared for the worst. I have worked myself up in complete hysterics over the weekend to the point that I truly believed I had MC. She made me wait until she measured my cervix before moving on to check on the baby. I couldn’t even look at the screen. When she told me the baby’s heart was beating away all I could do was bawl my eyes out. The FHR is 165 and it has grown the exact amount it should over one week. I’m not sure why all my symptoms have completely disappeared. I also can’t believe I worked myself up into hysterics like I did. I could barely get myself out of bed yesterday because I was just filled with so much dread. 
  • @Centralmnmom I remember having that all day nausea thing when I was pregnant with DS. You put it perfectly - you just feel blah all the time. I think I'm starting to feel it with this one, and I'm hoping it isn't just wishful thinking on my part because then it seems more real.

1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  5w5d based on ultrasound

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? Some fatigue, bloating, spotting, possible beginnings of nausea

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? Moderate. Seeing a heartbeat last week helped, but I'm still spotting which worries me.

4. When is your next appointment? First prenatal is Feb 9th.

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here) Nothing right now.

• I’m happy to report that I feel like crap today and last night DH was baking a cake that he adds yogurt to and the smell of it cooking was making my stomach turn! I also gagged from the smell of the McDonald’s I bought the kids last night. And again from the eggs I cooked this morning. I have never felt so relieved to feel so sick. 😜
  • Hi all

1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 9w1d. My first loss was around 8 or 9 weeks, so I'm feeling better getting passed that (and that I've seen the heartbeat twice now, we didn't with the first)

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? Exhausted. On and off nausea. Mostly it's bad when I'm home with nothing to do.

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? Today, I'm feeling good. My doctor is very aware of my past losses and how much confirming things are good lowers my anxiety, so feeling good after a good scan.

4. When is your next appointment? I go in next week for the NIPT blood draw and the doctor said we could do a quick sono then too.

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here) My next big step to get passed is around 12 weeks. I've had 3 losses (8 weeks, 13 weeks, and 22 weeks), so every time I get further than one of my losses, I get a new sense of peace. I found out at 12 weeks (at my NT scan) that we were losing one of my daughters.

My husband is having hernia surgery when I'm 12 weeks so I was worried about that conflicting with getting an NT scan (my doctor sent me to a lab for that in the past), but he said he's not certain I need it if I have the NIPT and he can check in office that week, so I feel much better.
  • @marymh80 I’m glad you have good scans so far! Hopefully everything continues to go smoothly. 
  • @cheers28 Thinking of you today. Praying everything goes well.