2nd Trimester

Help is this really a boy?!?

seg2007seg2007 member
edited January 2021 in 2nd Trimester
I have 3 boys already and pregnant with my 4th we had an ultrasound at 14 weeks 1 day but the boy part is not like any of my others boys even at that age whats your opinion? 

Re: Help is this really a boy?!?

• coldlife2coldlife2 member
    edited January 2021
    seg2007 said:
    I have 3 boys already and pregnant with my 4th we had an ultrasound at 14 weeks 1 day but the boy part is not like any of my others boys even at that age whats your opinion? 

I barely know what I’m looking at because I’m not an ultrasound tech or medical provider, so I and 99% of the people on these boards won’t be able to tell you if that’s a boy. 

If you don’t trust your medical providers, then go to another facility. Or just wait until the birth. Your providers don’t want to tell you the wrong thing. They don’t want to deal with people who are mad because they prepped wrong. While it certainly can happen (I know two people within the last couple years who were wrongly told girl), it’s pretty rare because a provider will typically tell you they don’t know or that they think it’s x but they’re not 100% positive. 

ETA: I just noticed your dates. 14 weeks is incredibly early for a sex-determining ultrasound! So, personally, I would take that with a large grain of salt. When were your previous ultrasounds? If they were closer to the 20-week mark, that could explain the discrepancy you’re seeing. 
  • Loading the player...
  • All previous were around the same time no later than 15 weeks with all my others 
  • I'd give it a few more weeks for the anatomy scan... Ultrasound techs are much better qualified to tell you your baby's sex than strangers on the internet.
  • coldlife2coldlife2 member
    edited January 2021
    seg2007 said:
    All previous were around the same time no later than 15 weeks with all my others 
    Ok. Well, the rest of my comment applies. That’s ridiculously early for a sex ultrasound. You either trust your providers or you don’t. You won’t know beyond a shadow of a doubt until they’re born anyway. And people on these boards won’t be able to tell you. 
  • Sorry, but wait until the anatomy scan - you will get (maybe?) a more accurate answer.  But just remember the only 100% guarentee of the sex of your kiddo is birth.  
  • lol!!! i went for my first ultrasound (a little late- 14w4d) and we saw the same thing!! We’re going to wait til the next ultrasound, but I feel ya!! Get excited! lol

• My US looks the same this time around (15+6 when it was done at a gender boutique). I also have two boys already and theirs did not look like this and were very obvious (both done in the 14 week time frame). I’m waiting for my 20 week anatomy scan to hopefully confirm my 3rd, but like you questioning lol since my baby’s legs were crossed the entire time. Keep us updated on yours 🙂
  • roop123hroop123h Just Joined
    my baby has same pic . did u find it's girl or boy 😅
  • roop123hroop123h Just Joined
    so now u know it's girl or boy 😅?
  • roop123h said:
    my baby has same pic . did u find it's girl or boy 😅
    Yeah, she knows. The kid is over a year old.