September 2021 Moms

Pregnancy Brain Shenanigans

Let's hear about those crazy things you've done or said, courtesy of pregnancy brain! 

Re: Pregnancy Brain Shenanigans

• I'm constantly trying to put things away in the wrong place. Compost bin has almost gone in the fridge about 5 times now. My husband thinks it's just hilarious :unamused:

• Loading the player...
  • I completely forgot the no lunch meat rule until after eating this glorious turkey grinder at work today 😬
  • This thread makes me feel better because I thought it was wayyyy too early for pregnancy brain and I was just going crazy 🤣
  • I forgot how far away my work was from home today. I figured 15 minutes was plenty of time to get home, but I work just under 20 minutes away haha. 
  • sleepydazesleepydaze member
    edited January 2021
    @runningoncookies I'm a bit of a gong show when I drive while pregnant. When I was pregnant with DS, there was traffic stopped at a red light and I forgot which pedal was the brake pedal and literally just guessed, when there was a car about 10 ft ahead of me! (I pressed very lightly at first just in case I got it wrong... I didn't, thankfully).
  • @sleepydaze 😂😂😂 that’s amazing! I usually go through everyone’s name and the cat’s too before landing on the right one
  • @sleepydaze :D  :D  :D  I sometimes call MH by DS's name and vice versa but in my defense DS's name is MH's middle name. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Does tripping over things constantly (and ones that aren't actually there) count as a pregnancy brain shenanigan? Because I swear i have no balance left in me these days. 
  • What does MH stand for?
  • Whoops! Please ignore. I had missed the *read this first* thread and see there is a link to all abbreviations. 
  • @rainbowstarrr I just looked through the glossary out of curiosity and I didn't see MH in there. It stands for My Husband. Some use DH for Dear Husband. 

Also reading through that glossary was fun because it's on the bump like not a thread or something and I just think it's funny to see AW spelled out on their site. 
    *TW LC*

• williams-jenwilliams-jen member
    edited February 2021
    earlier this week I almost put apple juice in my coffee instead of milk. 
    Today I nearly put a loaf of bread in the fridge instead of the pantry.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @williams-jen we keep our bread in the fridge so that wouldn’t have been pregnancy brain for me! 
    *TW LC*

• @williams-jen I am CONSTANTLY  trying to put things in the wrong places in the kitchen! Luckily I've been catching myself, but one of these days I won't be so lucky haha
  • On work calls this week with colleagues (who I’m v friendly with) they’ve been like “are you OK? What’s wrong with you?? You alright there?! Lol” because I’m making so many blunders when going over things.
    They’ve worked with me through two others pregnancies so I was scared they were actually going to jokingly call me out and he like, what are you pregnant?? 
    Thankfully not yet.
  • I keep forgetting words. I'll be in the middle of a sentence and forget the word for "icicle" while I'm staring right at an icicle. Probably only going to get worse from here...
  • I've been mixing up my words left and right. Seriously like I have a mouth full of marbles. 

And apparently I can no longer cook. The last two nights I've royally screwed up dinner because I've forgotten a step, forgotten a timer, or forgotten to start an entire side dish. 
  • I couldn't do long division for a few minutes today. Wouldn't have been a huge problem if I wasn't the teacher!!