June 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms - Week of 01/17

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms - Week of 01/17

• Catching up. Hugs to everyone who’s significant other isn’t allowed at any appointments. My dh is only allowed at my 20 week ultrasound but I’m thankful for that.

@AKuzReve I’m glad your gd test went well! Also good idea with the ask a stm board! 
  • At my anatomy scan on Monday I was told I have a anterior placenta. Does anyone else have one of those too or just me? I've heard that because of it I won't feel movement as much and or kicks until farther on :( This makes me sad. Will I feel anything? I feel like I will be missing out on the experience because of it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @mindyb2019 I haven’t had one but I have heard you feel kicks, it is just later on 
  • @mindyb2019 I’ve had one with almost all my pregnancies. I’m currently 20+4 with baby4 and just started consistently feeling her movements in the last week or so. 

Don’t worry! You will definitely feel movements and kicks, and near the end you’ll be not enjoying them as much anymore, especially when baby gets you in the ribs. 
  • rvamom90rvamom90 member
    edited January 2021
    @mindyb2019 I had one with DS1 and it took awhile to feel movements. With this one, I could have sworn I had a posterior one since I've felt him move much earlier but it's anterior too. For me, it was easier to recognize the movements earlier this time around than before. I think you'll be feeling movements soon!
  • @mindyb2019 I have an anterior placenta this time. I do occasionally feel the baby move but not as often as I felt DD.
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• @mindyb2019 I had an anterior one with DD. I don’t remember exactly when I started feeling her but in third tri I was able to feel (and see, and video!) her limbs poking out, so you’ll definitely still get to experience all that once he is a bit bigger! 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Went downstairs to put a load of laundry in and there's blue detergent everywhere. I think my husband is having problems with the big Tide jug...
  • @mindyb2019 I have an anterior placenta this pregnancy too! It's probably why you had a hard time finding the hb with the doppler earlier. I am starting to feel movement super low, and when I'm laying on my side at night. You'll definitely feel movement! 
  • marebear15marebear15 member
    edited January 2021
    @mindyb2019 - This is my second time having an anterior placenta, and I really haven't noticed a difference in feeling movements than with my other pregnancy. You'll definitely feel baby!
  • @mindyb2019 I learned I have an anterior placenta too, but ob said the kicks will be noticeable later. In all my ultrasounds, it looked like the baby was doing karate in there so maybe I’m okay with not feeling it yet! Lol 
  • @mindyb2019 yes, had an anterior with my first and the AS today confirmed I have an anterior placenta again. I didn't feel DS until 24 weeks and never had him poke out. Not feeling much with this baby either. 
  • Thanks everyone. I’m glad I’m not alone with having an anterior placenta. I’m glad to know that I’ll feel movement eventually lol It does explain a lot though. I don’t really feel like I’m feeling much yet in this pregnancy but I have had a few weird strange feelings on and off for the past week but I’m not sure if it’s the baby or not or gas or something else 🤷‍♀️
  • @mindyb2019  Anterior placenta for me with DS and again this time. My US tech mentioned it’s the most common placement, which I hadn’t heard before. Definitely feeling kicks internally for a few weeks now, but none from the outside until 2 days ago. DH was super excited! 
  • My MW suspects an anterior placenta, but my next u/s isn’t until next week. I think the main thing, like you said, is less sensitivity to movement. My understanding is you will feel it eventually, it just takes longer. I haven’t felt this baby as often as my other 3.

Question: does anyone have a great pair of shoes they recommend for work? Honestly, sneakers are fine- I usually wear jeans or leggings to work, but not flats or open toes. I am a chemist and although I don’t work with terribly dangerous chemicals I still need to have a modicum of safety displayed ;) my back was killing me today in my cheap tennies and I need something that won’t aggravate plantar fasciitis. Thanks!
    Married <3 August 2010
    DD1  <3 August 2011
    DD2 <3 August 2013
    DD3 <3 February 2017
  • @disgruntled_pelican I really like these Reeboks (link).  I wear them for my walks/ workouts and general life.  They last me forever and are really comfortable.  I go up a half size for all sneakers. 

My random for today: My apple airpods have been missing since Tuesday.  I used them for a YouTube workout and remember bringing them upstairs after and then they vanished.  I am very careful with my airpods because they can be easily lost and they're expensive so I was completely distraught.  They never left the house!  I looked everywhere and all the places DS hides stuff.  Then this morning my husband calls down..."I found your airpods".  He thought they were his and plugged them in to charge them and then put them in a drawer.  BTW...they are labeled so we don't mix them up!  At least I have them back but I was going crazy and feeling bad that I may have lost them.  Sigh. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @disgruntled_pelican asics really have helped with my plantar fasciitis. I had a lot of foot problems during my previous pregnancies, and sneakers helped during and after. I size up .5 also. 
  • @disgruntled_pelican if you can, I would suggest going to a running store and have them properly fit your foot. Let them know you need it for work and will mostly be standing. They should have you walk on a treadmill so they can see how you walk and then suggest a shoe that fits your foot. 

This was amazing for me and I really appreciated having a good pair of shoes for everyday walking around. I am not a runner and felt weird going into the store but that is what they are there for. 
  • I have these that I bought on Amazon.  I was running around always on my feet for 12 hr shifts in them and my feet never got tired or achy!  They are really supportive too.  
  • @disgruntled_pelican I have some of the Sketchers yoga mat shoes, I got them during my last pregnancy and never stopped wearing them, they are similar to these: https://www.skechers.com/collections/womens/gowalk/gowalk-5/skechers-gowalk-5---coastal-view/124250_BBK.html
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @mindyb2019 another anterior placenta mom here, with DS it was in the rear, so I have that point for comparison. I started feeling the baby intermittently a week or two earlier than I felt DS. I didn't feel like it delayed that. I do feel the baby 2 in different places than DS: on the sides of my belly when lying down and also very low in my abdomen. That's been the most noticible difference so far. The movements will feel different than gas. People describe them differently. For me, they start as a flutter, kind of like an eyelash brushing against your check or the way it feels when your tongue rubs on there inside of your cheek. I have heard other people describe it as bursting bubbles. I don't think you need to worry about not feeling consistent movement until 23 or 24 weeks if I remember what my baby book said.
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014