Trying to Get Pregnant

UO Thursday 1/21

Got an unpopular opinion, post it here! 

Re: UO Thursday 1/21

• I don’t know if this is unpopular in the sense that people disagree, but based on a discussion at work earlier this week I think it is unpopular to have an opinion on this at all. 

Odd numbers annoy me. Prime numbers are the worst of the bunch. There is just something so satisfying about a number that can be evenly divided by other numbers. I just like things so much more when they are in even numbers. I feel more strongly about this than I should, and have definitely thought about this a lot haha.
  • @fitzfizz yes!!! I feel this 100%! Also when I adjust the volume on the TV, it either has to be set at an even number or a multiple of 5. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @fitzfizz I avoid even numbers at all cost 😆 4 is the worse of them all!
  • I'm an adult who loves Disney. There, I said it! Not everything Disney perse, but the parks mainly. 

For those who don't understand it (I get it!) I'm a CA native and Disneyland was our annual family vacation. It's very nostalgic for me and I love the history. Even DH doesn't get it, but he humors me. In a world with so much ugliness, it's a magical place where (for 3-5 days) you can forget about it all and get lost in the magic.

• @gingermama29 yes the TV volume is always a multiple of 5!
  • I'm an adult who loves Disney. There, I said it! Not everything Disney perse, but the parks mainly. 

For those who don't understand it (I get it!) I'm a CA native and Disneyland was our annual family vacation. It's very nostalgic for me and I love the history. Even DH doesn't get it, but he humors me. In a world with so much ugliness, it's a magical place where (for 3-5 days) you can forget about it all and get lost in the magic.

YES! I am also an adult Disney Parks lover. I of course grew up with classic Disney canon, but can't really tell you about any of the "newer" stuff (although I did watch "Soul" and I loved it). I am from NYC and didn't even go to Disney World until I was 22, but I lived in LA briefly and my roommate worked for Disney Jr., so we went to Disneyland all.the.time. I prefer it over Disney World, even though my husband and I honeymooned there!
  • YES!!! Love Disney World!  (Want to get to DisneyLand, but Pandemic has gotten in the way)

Mine:  Beer is gross.  All beer.  Just... super bubbly carbonated piss.  

Beer N6Wc GIF by Number Six With Cheese
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • I don’t get the Disneyworld/Disneyland appeal. But I’ve never been so maybe that’s why?
  • I don’t get the Disneyworld/Disneyland appeal. But I’ve never been so maybe that’s why?
    I was the same way until I went. Experiencing it for the first time as an adult is a whole new ball game. 

My UO: I don't like candles. I think they're a cop-out for a gift, and most of the aromas make me nauseous. I also have a phobia of fire and I have two rambunctious cats that would most definitely knock it over and burn the house down. That being said, we did light a candle I had in the closet on Tuesday night for the Covid memorial, and the scent was very pleasant. 
  • @fifilala516 @capnjackharkness Yay, I'm not alone!! Disneyland is my home base and finally went to WDW a few years back and have since been back twice. It was a game changer. It's so massive I feel like you can barely scrape the surface on one trip alone. My bestie lives in Anaheim so when I visit we always get a trip in... can't believe it's been closed for nearly a year!

@fifilala516 I love candles haha, the more the merrier! Laughing though cause my secret santa at work last year gave me a candle  :D
  • @fitzfizz @gingermama29 I’m the same way with the volume! DH can’t have it on any odd number (except multiples of 5). I’m a bit weirder though. I can’t have anything on 4 or 6 either because, why not just do 5 then? 

@misspricklepants @fifilala516 @capnjackharkness add me to the Disney loving gang (parks and all) I used to work at WDW and that’s actually where DH and I met! We’re very much a Disney couple! 
    Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny that's so cool! I wouldn't mind if you elaborated on that story LOL Have you guys done Disneyland Paris? Visiting all of the parks is on my bucket list!
  • I haven't been to Disney as an adult but I'm all about Great Wolf Lodge!
  • @misspricklepants I love telling our story so of course I don’t mind lol 😂 DH was asked  last minute to go to WDW with his friend for two weeks and I met him on his last 3 days there. My best friend had come down to visit for his birthday and we were at a club in Downtown Disney. My friend is notorious for ditching us at the club for cute boys so when he did that, I was fine with it and was just dancing on my own. But then this older creepy guy came up behind me and started thrusting against me (I wouldn’t even call it grinding)....and that’s how I met DH. Jokes. So I was obviously uncomfortable and I reached out to this tall guy with his back to me in front of me and tickled his arm for his attention. When he turned around, I mouthed “help me!” He saw the situation, pulled me over, and gave the guy a dirty look (MH is 6’3 so it was a little intimidating lol) and THATS how I met DH! Yes! We went to Disneyland Paris Nov 2019 and I loved it! It’s muuuuuch smaller than WDW so it doesn’t have as much but not nearly as crowded so the lines are super short. I think the longest line we waited on was like 20 minutes lol 
    I love this story minus the creepy dude who doesn't understand boundaries. But he still led you to meeting your husband, so he should get a gift basket in any event!
  • @jackie_dunny haha, amazing. Love it! I want to go so bad... but also cool that Epcot is getting the Ratatouille ride! What was your role as a CM? I am here for all the WDW Secrets  :D

@demimondaine also YES! Never been to GWL, but similar water park resorts and love them all.
  • @fifilala516 I’m in a love-hate relationship with the creepy dude 😂 

@misspricklepants I was a character attendant at magic kingdom (and occasionally other parks) so I know alllll the entertainment gossip 😉 but I was injured for about a month so I also worked backstage at the Be Our Guest restaurant and at a merchandise store in Adventureland (the one next to Pirates of the Caribbean) 
    Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny I find that so fascinating! I feel like those are some of the best places to be. The strawberry cream cheese cupcake from BOG is one of the best things I've ever eaten at WDW haha.
  • @fitzfizz @gingermama29 @bows22 @jackie_dunny I’m the same with odd numbers (other than 5) on the tv, air conditioner, etc! MH will put it on an odd number just to see if I notice. 

@fifilala516 oh man, I’m the most basic b*tch when it comes to candles. I love them everywhere 🤣 

UO: I don’t like bacon or peanut butter. 
  • Popping in to say: BRING ON ALL THE PRIME NUMBERS! There's something satisfying in a number that can  divide only by 1 and itself. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @fitzfizz I'm with you on odd and prime numbers!  Maybe a little OCD, but I'll bite a 3rd M&M in half so the chewing can be divided evenly over both sides of my mouth...  weird, I know

@capnjackharkness I get the beer thing, I have found that I like wheat beer though...  less hoppy 

@demimondaine we LOVE GWL, I like to call it "the poor man's Disney" although you can spend a fortune there too!

Shout out to half of @sienna221 's UO
    OU- I think peanut butter is gross.  When I see someone eating it directly off a spoon, it makes me feel a little sick.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers