Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TTCAL week of 1/18

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage, selective termination due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 
Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? 

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

Questions?

GTKY: (stealing from IF thread) what's your favorite movie of all time and why?

Re: TTCAL week of 1/18

• Options
    sienna221sienna221 member
    edited January 2021
    Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MMC Oct ‘20 & MC or RPOC Dec ‘20
    How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? Good right now. Really anxious for the return of AF. 
    Any testing coming up/any recent results? I should be getting all the results on 1/26 from the TSH, anticardiolipins, lupus anticoagulant, and karyotype. I think I finally figured out/remembered the names 😂
    Questions? None...for now 
    GTKY: (stealing from IF thread) what's your favorite movie of all time and why? So hard to pick...I always lean towards Good Will Hunting, Forrest Gump, or Shawshank Redemption. Mostly because I can watch them anytime they are on and still be entertained. But I know they are also cliche answers. 
  • Options
    I hope it's okay to come over here/start this thread. I'm not ready to go back into the dailies since I'm still going through my MC and TTA/benched.

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.
    1 loss discovered at 7.5 week ultrasound last week

Status: waiting for MC to finish, benched/TTA for 2-3 months

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? 
    My mental state is better now that I have the closure and confirmation. I haven't cried in a few days so I'll call that improvement. I've been prescribed medication to empty my uterus and finish the MC which will be difficult and physically painful. My silver lining in this loss is that I'm currently eligible for the covid vaccine and have been cleared and encouraged by my doctor to get it before getting pregnant again.

Just got my beta on Saturday that confirmed my loss and saw my doctor this afternoon for a check up.

Questions? How long after your losses did you have to wait to start TTC again? I was disappointed that he wanted me to wait 2-3 months but also not surprised. He did say that I'd do Letrozole again when it was time to try again.

GTKY: what's your favorite movie of all time and why? This is hard. I don't know that I have a favorite movie but I have some that I'll pretty much always watch: Mrs. Doubtfire and My Cousin Vinny. They're both hilarious and highly quotable.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sienna221 I hope you get good results and answers from your testing this week.
  • Options
    @gingermama29 First, I’m so sorry for your loss and that you are currently still going through it. It really is such a horrible thing that people don’t really understand until you’ve gone through it. So I’m sorry you are here. As far as how long before TTC, my OB told me to wait for my period to come back before starting to try again. 
  • Options
    @sienna221 1/26 seems so far away. Hopefully that gives you some answers

@gingermama29 we just had the recommendation to wait for my first AF since I didn't have any complications or issues. I really hope you can start sooner. Is that 2-3 cycles without letrozole? I know with your PCOS 2-3 cycles could be more like 4-6 months 😖 I can't remember when I first saw My Cousin Vinny but that movie is sooo good. Idk what it is about court movies but I love those climaxes haha. Same with Legally Blonde!

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. 1 loss Oct 2020

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? Alright. I'm feeling impatient about getting KU again but keep slapping myself because this is only my 2nd cycle of trying. Lady it hasn't been that long 🙄 stop it

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Just BFNs on my HPTs, let I'm having some red when I wipe which isn't helping the crazy.

Questions? Eh, not really

GTKY: (stealing from IF thread) what's your favorite movie of all time and why? Of all time is probably The 5th Element haha. So quotable, but there are so many good classics out there I could watch all the time.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 so sorry for your BFNs. it's so hard not to be impatient with TTC. I really hope next cycle is it for you! AFM, my doctor didn't specify cycles, he just said months. I guess in theory it could just be one cycle? I won't be on Letrozole until we're actively trying again though. He offered BC for while we're TTA but I declined. I'm honestly think we'll just be NTNP during the next couple months before I start Letrozole again. And yes agreed about court movies. A Few Good Men and Liar Liar are up there too!
  • Options
    @sienna221 I’m going to be so excited for you to finally get a new cycle started. How many days now since the presumed ovulation? I’m hoping you just have a regular LP and aren’t left waiting. 

@gingermama29 I’m so sad that you are back here. I hope the methotrexate isn’t too awful. I know that feeling of excited you haven’t cried in a few days, but know that if you need to cry that is fine too. On a more positive note, I can confirm that knowing you already had the COVID vaccine before getting pregnant is a nice feeling. I hope everything goes smoothly with you getting it, and that you can have that sense of peace knowing you are (most likely) immune during your next pregnancy! 

@inthewoods23 I’m with you on feeling impatient! Something about having a loss just makes everything feel so much more urgent. Like, your body feels like something is missing and you need to be pregnant again to feel whole. 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. TFMR at 22 weeks June 2020 (genetic problem, small risk of recurrence) and CP Nov 2020.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? I am having a really hard time lately feeling angry and jealous about other people having easy pregnancies. I realize it isn’t logical, but I am at the point of feeling jealous about random patients when they are pregnant and everything is fine. If they complain about any symptoms, then I just get pissed. I want to yell that they should just be grateful, but instead I have to pretend to be sympathetic. Ugh. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? No testing to do. I’m feeling weirdly calm about not taking any pregnancy tests this month. The CP in Nov killed my excitement about a positive test, and now I’m feeling much more chill about testing. 

Questions? Nope 

GTKY: (stealing from IF thread) what's your favorite movie of all time and why? I couldn’t even tell you which is my favorite, but watching Harry Potter movies on repeat is my go-to feel good “movie” 
  • Options
    CP on 12/26 at 5 weeks 

WFAF. We were going to try when I ovulated last week, but I decided to wait for my first cycle after the loss to try again. Hopefully AF will be here in the next week or so. 

I am having some crazy symptoms lately, assume it’s from my hormones being all
    over the place. I tend to get migraines around O and AF anyways, and I think everything that happened just threw me off these last few weeks. 

Nothing currently! 

Questions?
    Anyone else gain weight after a CP? Although that doesn’t even make sense because it was such a brief thing, but I’ve gained like 5lbs in the last three weeks, which is really odd to me. I don’t think I changed anything in my diet/exercise. I’m hoping it’s just water weight/bloat for AF. 

Hmm, tough one. I don’t know if I can pick just one. I’d say the Harry Potter series. I love rewatching it! 
  • Options
    @gingermama29 so sorry for your loss! 
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 I totally feel you on the being impatient. I keep plugging dates into a due date calculator like “ok if AF comes 1/20, I’ll be due...” Then I have to remind myself to not get ahead of myself. And I’m sorry for your BFN’s. 

@fitzfizz FF is saying 11dpo today based on the presumed O. I only have one LP documented and it was 11 days. So we’ll see tomorrow. And that must be so hard seeing patients and having to listen to them complain. That must be so frustrating. Also...I’m embarrassed to admit I’ve never seems a Harry Potter movie...or read one of the books. 😬

@rgn12 I’m sorry your still dealing with the hormone readjustment. That is never fun. At least for me during that time, one minute I wanted to sob and the next wanted to rage at someone. 
  • Options
    rgn12rgn12 member
    edited January 2021
    @sienna221 yes, I’ve been very irritable and edgy. I actually woke up several times last night, and just feel off! Hoping it’s a sign of AF! 🤞🏻

ETA typo 🙈
  • Options
    @fitzfizz thank you friend ❤️. My doctor has me on the generic version of methergine. The pain really hasn't been bad but the side effects of nausea, fatigue, and dizziness have been rough. I'm definitely glad I took the day off. And ugh I so feel you on the jealousy feelings. It's so hard not to feel bitter. I give you all the credit in the world; that has to be so difficult.

@rgn12 ugh I feel like weight gain is just insult to injury. I hope your hormones regulate quickly. And hopefully AF is on its way!
  • Options
    @gingermama29 that is exactly what I was thinking! Ughhhhh 😭 Thank you for the kind words, I am hoping everything levels out soon. 
  • Options
    @gingermama29 oh yeah Liar Liar! How could I forget that classic. I don't think I've seen A Few Good Men. I hope you can get back into trying with the letrozole sooner rather than later. TTA/waiting always feels like forever.

@fitzfizz yes it's so weird. I'd be having an anatomy scan around now without the MC. Sigh. Thankfully I don't have those "I'd be X weeks/months right now" thoughts much. I guess I'm far enough removed from the MC that I'm not hung up on it. It is still hard though, especially when you've got other PG people around you. I can't imagine how hard it is having to deal with patients like that.

@rgn12 I'd guess that's just some bloat/water weight. Weight normally fluctuates 2-3lbs on any given day. Bloat was probably one of the first things I noticed after my BFP so I can see that being felt even at 5 weeks. 

@sienna221 yeah I sadly do that every single month! I should just know by now since my cycles are right around 30 days that my EDDs will always be at the very end of the month. And of course now I'm going to put pressure on myself to be successful this next cycle so that my due date is right around my mom's birthday :sweat_smile: which also means I could do a belated birthday gift for my dad's birthday in April. Stop it stop it stop it haha.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    This is a little off topic for what normally is discussed here. But just seeing if someone had a similar experience. I just got a call from Invitae who my physician is using for the karyotype testing I did. They gave me a price that would be my out of pocket if they submitted a claim through insurance or they gave me the option for a "patient pay price". Which was about 30% less and they wouldn't submit a claim through insurance. Is that normal and has anyone else experienced something similar? If so, what way did you go?
  • Options
    @sienna221 yes I had a similar experience with our genetic screening (or pre-screening? we did it prior to starting IF stuff). These kinds of tests are often not covered by insurance so when the bill gets run through insurance it gets declined and you're out whatever the total cost is. I think my RE clinic said if insurance does cover it, you'd likely end up paying more than whatever the "patient pay price" is so they just recommend not going through insurance at all. I think total cost of ours would've been $3k but that special price was like $350.

I need to check our claims, because for some reason I'm thinking we actually paid $0? I know we said we'd just pay that patient price, but it might have still be run through our insurance for some reason and got fully covered?? Idk, don't quote me on that.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @sienna221 Yeah, that is actually very common. It’s basically insurance BS, so I typically tell patients with anything send out/genetic they should ask for patient pay pricing. For our genetic tests, we were quoted something like $6000 with insurance, and ended up spending ~$1400 with cash pay pricing. 
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 @fitzfizz thank you both! I’ll go ahead and do the patient pay pricing.
  • Options
    Well I'm getting good news in the face of all the challenges I've had with my loss this past week: I'm registered to get my first shot of the COVID vaccine tomorrow!!
  • Options
    @sienna221 I hope AF comes soon so you can start trying again. I'm also curious how your testing goes because it seems like we will be going through the testing at the same time. Maybe we can compare notes.
    @gingermama29 Sorry you're here. It's a really safe space when you're not ready to jump out into the waters yet. As for timing, I think the more modern idea is that it's perfectly safe to try again as soon as you are emotionally ready. I had a D&C at 11 weeks with twins, and the MFMs there said there was no need to wait. I think they like you to have a period first to help with dating, but reasons beyond that are pretty vague and not really based in any research.
    @inthewoods23 Sorry for the BFNs. Feel you hard on the impatience. Somehow it's so much worse AL.
    @fitzfizz Yeah chemicals really take all of the joy out of testing. On the plus side I do think it makes the tww more chill, weirdly. 
    @rgn12 The cycle after a CP can be a little wonky, especially if you are a person who takes a while to get the HCG out of their system. Did you have your betas tracked down to zero?

2 mmcs, most recently in Sep 2020, some CPs

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? Ok-- I am in my favorite part of the cycle when O has been confirmed, timing was good, and it's too early to SS! Going to the RE has made my brain jump to planning mode, but I am trying to just take results as they come, and not like... immediately jump to trying to plan when IVF would work with my teaching schedule. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? No-- the RE wanted me to get an HCG test to make sure it was zero before doing any testing. I did that last week and now I am waiting until the new cycle to start all the tests. 

Questions? Nope

GTKY: (stealing from IF thread) what's your favorite movie of all time and why? My old go-to answer to this in college was Memento. It's a great movie but tbh I haven't seen it in years. I did just see TENET, which is Nolan's newest, and it is... hard to follow. But good?

TTC History
    TTC #1 Sep 2017-Sep 2018 
    BFP 11/30/2017 | MMC 12/31/2017
    BFP 6/22/2018 | CP 6/27/2018
    BFP 10/5/2018 | EDD 6/14/2019
    Baby girl born 6/19/19

TTC #2 May 2020-November 2021
    BFP 7/18/2020 | MonoDi Twins | MMC 9/10/2020
    BFP 11/7/2020 | CP 11/9/2020
    RE Consult January 2021 | Dx "borderline DOR"/RPL
    IVF with PGT:
    Standard Antagonist:
    ER #1 3/27/2021 7R | 5M | 3F | 2B | 1 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic
    ER #2 4/22/2021 10R | 7M | 3F | 2B | 0 normal, 2 aneuploid
    ER #3 5/19/2021 2R | 1M | 0F
    Estrogen Priming Antagonist:
    ER #4 7/10/2021 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    Duostim  (Standard Antagonist):
    ER #5 9/22/2021 13R | 11M | 8F | 5B | 2 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic, 2 aneuploid
    ER #6 10/9/2021  9R | 6M | 4 F | 1B | 1 aneuploid
    FET #1  11/5/2021 | EDD 7/24/2022
    Baby boy born 7/19/22

TTC #3 since May 2023 (ntnp)
    IVF Started Fall 2023 (Standard Antagonist)
    ER #7 10/6/2023 | 9R | 6M | 5F | 3B | 2 aneuploid, 1 high-level mosaic
    ER #8 10/31/2023 | 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    FET #2 11/27/23 | CP (bHCG = 8)
    FET #3 planned Jan 2024

• Options
    @sienna221 I made it to CD2 before finally checking my new potential EDD :D haha

@gingermama29 yay!

@bumblebee0210 I totally get what you mean on your favorite part of the cycle. Can't SS when you know a fertilized egg would only be making their way down the tube and you're still days away from implantation :D What testing will you be doing? I can't remember if you've mentioned it before.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 😂 that’s longer than me. I did it before AF even came based on the date FF gave. 🤦‍♀️
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 I'm doing the whole RPL bonanza: DOR testing, saline uterus thing to check for structural stuff, immune-y things, karyotype, other weird genetic things, I want to say a follicle ultrasound? Just all of the things. Because of my history (in spoiler-- *tw living child*), MFM/PCP were of the opinion I didn't really need it, but the RE was down to do all of the tests, so here we go.

History:
    MMC ~8 weeks Dec 2017
    CP June 2018
    Healthy pregnancy Oct 2018-June 2019
    MMC (mono/di twins) ~11 weeks Sep 2020
    CP Nov 2020

Basically it's RPL, but with a healthy pregnancy in the middle (no complications), one of the losses was mono/di which just makes everything weird, and no subfertility/infertility (I get pregnant fairly quickly)

TTC History
    TTC #1 Sep 2017-Sep 2018 
    BFP 11/30/2017 | MMC 12/31/2017
    BFP 6/22/2018 | CP 6/27/2018
    BFP 10/5/2018 | EDD 6/14/2019
    Baby girl born 6/19/19

TTC #2 May 2020-November 2021
    BFP 7/18/2020 | MonoDi Twins | MMC 9/10/2020
    BFP 11/7/2020 | CP 11/9/2020
    RE Consult January 2021 | Dx "borderline DOR"/RPL
    IVF with PGT:
    Standard Antagonist:
    ER #1 3/27/2021 7R | 5M | 3F | 2B | 1 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic
    ER #2 4/22/2021 10R | 7M | 3F | 2B | 0 normal, 2 aneuploid
    ER #3 5/19/2021 2R | 1M | 0F
    Estrogen Priming Antagonist:
    ER #4 7/10/2021 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    Duostim  (Standard Antagonist):
    ER #5 9/22/2021 13R | 11M | 8F | 5B | 2 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic, 2 aneuploid
    ER #6 10/9/2021  9R | 6M | 4 F | 1B | 1 aneuploid
    FET #1  11/5/2021 | EDD 7/24/2022
    Baby boy born 7/19/22

TTC #3 since May 2023 (ntnp)
    IVF Started Fall 2023 (Standard Antagonist)
    ER #7 10/6/2023 | 9R | 6M | 5F | 3B | 2 aneuploid, 1 high-level mosaic
    ER #8 10/31/2023 | 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    FET #2 11/27/23 | CP (bHCG = 8)
    FET #3 planned Jan 2024

• Options
    *lurking* 

@gingermama29 im so so sorry for your loss friend 😥 I was so sad to read that. Sending you so much love and hugs right now 😘❤ Will be thinking of you. 
  • Options

MMC March 2016 (no testing or dx) & suspecting CP currently... I think this is a more suitable thread for me rn than TWW/WTO (TY @bumblebee0210 & @bows22).

CP is completely new territory for me. Frustrated with my body, but also trying to have some patience and grace.

Nada, had previously scheduled an appt with a new ob this week so we’ll see how that goes.

Questions? 

No, but any advice or personal experiences welcome!

This is the hardest question.... I’m going to have to go with Vertigo (but also REALLY want to say Rear Window & Marnie).
  • Options
    @misspricklepants I am sorry you’re going through this! I just had a CP around Christmas, symptoms started on 12/26. I was five weeks when it started. I’m also WFAF currently, hopefully any day now! I can’t wait so we can start trying again. I’ve never been so excited for my period to start, haha. I decided to wait for my cycle to return, but I think you can start right away from what everyone has told me! 
  • Options
    @rgn12 thank you!! AF showed yesterday... never been so happy for her haha. Wishing us lots of luck next cycle!