2nd Trimester

Ectopic or still really early

I got my first ultrasound on January 15 and they didn’t see anything not even a sack. They took my blood and my hCG was 250 or something around there. I went back in on Monday for more blood because they think I either had a miscarriage or I’m just really early. My results from the 18th’re in the mid-300s. The first time I got my blood levels was 1/4 where is was only 43 and again 1/6 at 154. So they're going up but barely doubled from 1/6-1/15. They are not calling it ectopic pregnancy yet as they say I can still be really really! They don’t know what’s going on! Any ideas? Their making goes for another ultrasound on Friday but I’m pretty sure it’s ectopic and just wanna get treated before I wake up with excruciating pain :/ I don’t feel the best right now with this :( is it normal in early pregnancy to go up so slow? I thought it is supposed to double every day? Does ectopic pregnancy still cause hcg to go up? Even here it says hCG can even be normal in some cases: https://adatewithbaby.com/ectopic-pregnancy-ultrasound/

In Toronto, Etobicoke, Thornhill, Scarborough, Vaughan, Markham, Mississauga, North York, and East York, A Date With Baby is unquestionably the finest when it comes to providing high-quality 3D ultrasound offers.

Re: Ectopic or still really early

• maliv said:

I got my first ultrasound on January 15 and they didn’t see anything not even a sack. They took my blood and my hCG was 250 or something around there. I went back in on Monday for more blood because they think I either had a miscarriage or I’m just really early. My results from the 18th’re in the mid-300s. The first time I got my blood levels was 1/4 where is was only 43 and again 1/6 at 154. So they're going up but barely doubled from 1/6-1/15. They are not calling it ectopic pregnancy yet as they say I can still be really really! They don’t know what’s going on! Any ideas? Their making goes for another ultrasound on Friday but I’m pretty sure it’s ectopic and just wanna get treated before I wake up with excruciating pain :/ I don’t feel the best right now with this :( is it normal in early pregnancy to go up so slow? I thought it is supposed to double every day? Does ectopic pregnancy still cause hcg to go up? Even here it says hCG can even be normal in some cases: https://adatewithbaby.com/ectopic-pregnancy-ultrasound/

No one here can tell you if it is ectopic. Your doctor would be the best person to ask these questions of. They have the expertise and equipment available to give you an answer. If you don’t trust their answer find a new doctor.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::