Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

MC and HCG levels

I’ve been miscarrying all weekend. Saturday night I was passing clots and I was in a lot of pain. Yesterday (Monday) I was told to come in for blood work and again on Wednesday (tomorrow) to check HCG. Well, I just got a call from the OB and apparently my levels are still really high (4200??) so I go back tomorrow regardless to see if they drop, but shouldn’t they be lower than this?

Anyone else experience anything similar?

Re: MC and HCG levels

• Its hard to say if there is cause for concern, bot knowing how far along you were and what your numbers started with.    I am sorry for your loss.
  • To add, I have been through similar,  a week after my d&c, my numbers were well over 16,000.  I had a super rare complication.  Hopefully you do not, but if you do, feel free to reach out to me!
  • Loading the player...
  • edited January 2021
    Thank you and I’m sorry for your loss as well. I’ll definitely reach out, hopefully the outcome isn’t something crazy. I believed I was 7w4d but my US showed 5w2d. @holly321
  • I haven't had my levels tested but I had a positive but faint line test a week and two days after my miscarriage started. 
  • I am sorry you are going through this. I believe I am currently miscarrying as well, but my levels were always low. It was 56 when first detected, and then 43 after bloodwork 48 hours later. I got more bloodwork done today to see if they fell any more.