Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? 

Re: Weekly Check-in 1/17

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 11 weeks 2 days

FTM/STM/STM+: STM!

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out, hopefully this week

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: lime. Wow that seems big!

Upcoming appointments: Nuchal fold and NIPT this week

How are you feeling?: Ok, sleep is tough unless I take unisom. Yesterday was a rough day, super sick and headache but got some rest and feel better today at least. 

Rants/Raves: I realized I could graduate my masters program in May instead of August if I doubled up more this semester so I signed up for more classes and I’m excited about that. It will be nice to be done towards beginning of third tri. Going to be rough in the meantime but so worth it. I need my nights and weekends back! Of course work has been crazy too, but all because we’re doing well so it’s good problems to have. DD calls me “little mommy work work”😬

Questions:

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early birds? Used to be a night owl, I have a lot of insomnia, but been an early bird since having a kid. So I’m some ways both, but yeah def a morning person, think best then and usually wake up early even on my sleep in days. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8+1

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: blueberry I think  

Upcoming appointments: early Feb 

How are you feeling?: nauseous, usually until afternoon, then it dissipates for a few hours until the fatigue sets in. 

Rants/Raves: I don’t remember this much nausea and fatigue the first go ‘round. I was also single and lived alone, so no one cared if I was a couch bum. MH is so sweet... at our first appointment, the OB said she wanted me to take 4mg (!!) instead of 400mcg of folic acid due to risks from a medication I’m on. He went out last night looking for high dose folic acid because he was so worried and telling me the cleft palate forms in week 6-9. He looked it up! 

Questions:

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? Used to be a night owl but motherhood and working M-F gives me no choice but to be up at 6am every day. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/22 9weeks today

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a postage stamp

Upcoming appointments: not until 2/9 for the NT scan and NIPT blood draw

How are you feeling?: some days are good and some are rough.  Yesterday was rough with nausea/gas/exhaustion.  Hope today is better.

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: STM/+ can you share your past NT scan experiences?

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird?  Used to be a night owl but after DS an early bird.

• Options
    @claireloSC congratulations on being so close to getting your masters!  What an accomplishment!! 

@emmylou78 how sweet that your DH is reading up!  ❤️ 
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/1 12 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: 1st

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A plum

Upcoming appointments: Next one is on 1/28

How are you feeling?: Morning sickness is going away. I still get an icky feeling if I don't eat often enough, but no more dry heaving. I know that's normal at this stage, but symptoms going away makes me nervous.  I started getting headaches a few days ago so we'll see if that's ongoing. 

Rants/Raves: It's weird to be almost to my 2nd trimester. I haven't used any essential oils during pregnancy yet, but yesterday I went through my collection and sorted them by safe vs unsafe in 2nd tri, so it won't feel as overwhelming to figure out what I can use. (I mostly just diffuse them bc I like the smell, so I'm not a die-hard EO user)

Questions: I had my NIPT blood draw last week. Did anyone else use Natera in the past,  and I'd so, did you log into their system to see your results? I should have told the lab we didn't want to know sex, but I forgot. I'm worried I'll accidentally see it when I go to look at results. I know some companies hide it so you can see it when you're ready, but I'm paranoid. 

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? Not really either. I work late (til 9 or 10pm), so we eat late, but I'm usually in bed around midnight or 1am. Even when I had a 9-5, I stayed up till then, so I definitely don't push it as late as I could with my current schedule. 

• Options
    @shoogapoff I did the panorama and I couldn’t see my results though their system, only able to track its progress.  They typically do a good job not spoiling the surprise but just be cautious and voice your consent  
  • Options
    @claireloSC that's super exciting about your masters! Congratulations 👏

@emily1052 I didn't have an NT scan last time and they only do them here if you are over 35. I would qualify this time but I'd have to travel to Vancouver to a hospital to get it done so I probably won't do it since we have zero cases of covid where I am and Vancouver has tons. 
    The US tech I spoke to this week said you're better off with the genetic screening since it's still just a guess on the NT scan. 
    I have the general screening and won't get panorama unless that comes back with a chance of something. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Aug 28ish 8+1? I don't know haha

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out. Ordered my sneak peek yesterday

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:  Pigmy sea horse 

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow with my Dr and then another ultrasound Feb 17!

How are you feeling?: Terrible but taking it day by day

Rants/Raves: why can't sea bands be prettier? I'm definitely not setting any trends wearing mine 24/7

Questions: had anyone used sneak peek? I wish we had the clinical version in Canada. If you did it at home were the results accurate?

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? Neither ? Haha I like to sleep and if I don't get 9 hours I am miserable. 

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10w3d; Aug 12

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding Out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Strawberry

Upcoming appointments: My first ultrasound is on Thursday! I'm so excited!

How are you feeling?: Pretty good today. At my first appointment my midwife suggested unisom and b6 at night to help with morning sickness the next day so I took that last night and I feel pretty good today.

Rants/Raves: Not really a rant but I thought they'd do the ultrasound at my appointment on Friday and we were going to tell people this weekend. But ultrasounds are different department so I had to make a separate appointment for that so we are delaying telling people another week. I was excited to share but also don't want to tell before seeing a heartbeat. 

Questions: Did anyone not do genetic testing like NIPT? I feel like everyone is getting done but our insurance doesn't cover it, we don't really have any concerns due to family history or age and my midwife said it's really just up to us if we want it or not. And it's a lot of money out of pocket. But it seems like everyone else is getting done so it makes me a little nervous to skip it if it's important.  

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? Total night owl. I'm not a morning person at all!

• Options
    @dancingnarwhal I opted for the NIPT due to my age.  If I was younger I’d probably skip it. 
  • Options
    @dancingnarwhal I didn’t do nipt with my last and I don’t think I will with this one. I am bordering AMA, though, now. I did a cheaper, more basic genetic screening last time that didn’t have gender. I’m not sure what it was called though. 
  • Options
    @shoogapoff - How we’d cope with a diagnosis after birth isn’t a concern for us. We’ve talked a lot about that possibility and how we’d handle it.
  • Options
    @dancingnarwhal we weren't going to do NIPT last time for the same reason but it was recommended after our quad screen (the other blood screening) came back positive. Still was expensive. If I remember correctly from that time, some of the companies offer straight up cash price that is lower than what the insurance may charge. 
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/10, 10 weeks and 5 days

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding Out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Lime

Upcoming appointments: 1/20, but I need to reschedule because I was potentially exposed to covid at work on Friday :(

How are you feeling?: Okay, still pretty tired and constantly hungry

Rants/Raves: Very frustrated that I'm currently in quarantine. I spend a lot of time in court for my job and was sitting near someone who later said she was experiencing symptoms. The court system needs to do a better job of screening people before they are allowed inside the building.

Questions: How soon should we start looking into daycare options? I'm planning to go back to work when the baby is three months old or so which would be mid-November. I know we should start early because a lot of daycares have wait lists but I'm totally overwhelmed...

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? Usually a night owl but I've been going to bed pretty early and sleeping like 10 hours a day recently

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    8/20, 9+2 (my due has been changed 3 times, I'm surprised I'm still keeping it straight lol)

FTM/STM/STM+:
    Fourth

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
    Finding out in a couple weeks!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
    A cherry?  

Upcoming appointments:
    Virtual pre-NIPT consult on Friday with midwife and draw like a week after that.  Next prenatal is in 3.5 weeks.

How are you feeling?:
    Meh.  Depends on the day and time.  At the moment I feel pretty okay, anxiety is getting me today.

Rants/Raves:
    Not really a rant or rave but my baby boy turned 2 yesterday.  😭 My oldest son (5) keeps saying, "but he's so small, how is he two already?" OH!!  And we announced to my in laws and they were SO excited!  

Questions:
    No?

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird?
    Night owl, for sure.  So us my husband.  Before getting pregnant we'd trade off who gets up with the kids.  Now he does it almost every day because he's the best.
  • Options
    claireloSCclaireloSC member
    edited January 2021
    @halfconvert I'm sorry you got exposed, hope you don't get it. re: daycare - I'm going to sound like a huge snob but bear with me. Also take this with a grain of salt, I lived/live in a place with not a ton of options and lots of kids, but - in my experience the best preschools have long waiting lists. If you're looking more for a home daycare or something like that, it will probably be easier to get in. When we moved cross country we got DD on two waiting lists - one took 6/7 months to open up and the other took more than a year! Also not a ton of places take infants so if you're looking to send your baby between 6 weeks and 6 months, I would definitely try to get on a waiting list during pregnancy. Sometimes they make you pay a deposit to get on the list. Also sometimes stuff just opens up and the timing works out, that has happened to us too. I'm crazy and Type A so I was not happy until I got DD into the specific schools I wanted (she's been in a few due to moves and such). It's kind of like dating - when you know you know and the schools we fell in love with on the tour were totally the right choices for us. You can also call around and see what typical waiting list is like at any school you might be interested in. The tour, which I don't know if that even happens during covid, is absolutely the best way to figure out what works for your family. Reviews and other local parents (join your local facebook moms group) is also super helpful for recs. Definitely trust your intuition. Daycare has been a source of a lot of stress in my life with two parents working more than full time jobs plus commutes so I am here for any and all daycare help. Good luck!

ETA @shoogapoff you're totally a night owl with a 9pm workday and 1am bedtime!

Thank you all for the support on my masters. :)

Also, @dancingnarwhal they didn't offer me the NIPT last time because I was only 31 so I didn't have it, but did have all other prenatal screenings offered. I was only offered it this time because AMA. I did get a state screening test which tested for down syndrome, trisomy 18, neural tube defects, abdominal wall defects, and Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome and it was pretty much covered by insurance, so if there's anything like that I would opt for that if I were you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    @claireloSC that’s exciting news about your masters! 
    @emmylou78 I've found the nausea and fatigue have gotten progressively worse with each pregnancy. I don't know if it's because of age? Or maybe just a case of pregnancy amnesia and it was always this bad?
    @emily1052 I'm hope that yesterday was a good day and that today is even better.
    @shoogapoff that's wild that some of you are almost in the second trimester. So exciting! 
    @grogu GL at the doctor today! 
    @dancingnarwhal I did not have NIPT with my first two pregnancies and I likely won't with this one either. It is not part of the routine screening in our province. Our province offers the maternal serum screening test instead, which screens for three things, I believe, and doesn't tell you the sex. 
    @halfconvert I agree with @claireloSC about trying to get on a daycare waiting list during pregnancy. Actually, I think ClaireloSC gave a lot of really good advice, so I will just +1 her comment!
    @cyanope that's great news about the kids! And now there is only 1 day left of your H's quarantine! Woohoo! I hope it flies by.
    @MrsPyrowiz Happy belated birthday to your little guy!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/26, 8w4d

FTM/STM/STM+: TTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green. Although, I must admit I'm kind of waffling on this. Our oldest will be 4 in a couple of weeks and I think that telling him he's having a brother or sister would be kind of a fun thing for him and maybe help prepare him? So, we might find out just for us, but pretend to the outside world that we are team green.

Interesting Baby Fact: they are developing their tastebuds.

Upcoming appointments: Nothing this week.

How are you feeling?: Pretty gross still. I took tums before bed last night and that actually seemed to help.

Rants/Raves: Our oldest was supposed to start gymnastics yesterday, but the city rec program messed up the facility rental (a facility they own...) and didn't have the class down as starting until next week. So anyway, a bunch of parents mobilized their 3-4 year olds for a 9:00 a.m class that didn't happen. Not my idea of a fun Sunday morning. 

Questions: NATM.

GTKY: I'm an early bird. I got to bed early and I'm up early. Before kids if I stayed up too late and slept in, I felt totally thrown off for my whole day. That being said, our oldest is a real early bird. He's up by 5 a.m. and that is just offensive.

• Options

@doodlemom131 ohh a new rower! That sounds exciting!!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Aug. 10/ 10+6

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out.

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Strawberry

Upcoming appointments: Jan. 29th. Reg midwife appt.

How are you feeling?: Fine, although I spent most of the day yesterday on my feet cleaning and cooking and now I am hurting. My hips feel like I ran a marathon. Also, when I sit I can already feel my uterus pushing my other organs up. It's uncomfortable and only going to get worse.

Rants/Raves: Nope!

Questions: NATM

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? I'm a morning girl. Pre-first trip I was up working out most weekday mornings by 5:45. (Hoping to get back on that routine since my morning sickness has improved a lot.) DH leaves for work around 5:15 so he goes to bed early too. After being together 10 years I'm on his schedule. I'm most productive work-wise in the morning as well.

• Options
    @doodlemom131 I’m so sorry for your loss.  Thank you for sharing your story.  
  • Options
    @doodlemom131 some how that spoiler didn’t load when I initially read your post. So sorry for your loss. I appreciate you sharing your story. Hugs to you mama. 
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7.6

FTM/STM/STM+: stm

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: team green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: raspberry? 

Upcoming appointments: Feb 3

How are you feeling?: wildly variable. I'll have a good morning and then followed by "can't keep my eyes open" fatigue. Not throwing up but just feeling weird and dry heaving. Nothing tastes good. 

Rants/Raves: I'm so annoyed my appt is so far away. I don't even have history of loss but being in the medical field know too many bad things and feeling anxious about it. 

Questions: NATM

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? Was a night owl. Now I'm just a sleepy tired bird. 😪😪😴

• Options
    Thank you for sharing your story @doodlemom131
  • Options
    I’m so sorry for your loss @doodlemom131. Thank you for being willing to share that. 
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8 weeks today

FTM/STM/STM+: #3

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: not sure

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: blueberry/ raspberry 

Upcoming appointments: first formal US this week

How are you feeling?: pretty bad. Nausea, headache, overall fatigue and just yuck.

Rants/Raves: We're in the middle/ nearing the end of a basement remodel and I can't get myself to finish what i need to do (paint cabinets, stairs, trim, etc). i just want it done already, its been so long!

Questions: nope

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? Used to be an early bird by choice. Now its by force. 

• Options
    bmo88bmo88 member
    edited January 2021

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: August 31; 8w1d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Not sure yet

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Raspberry

Upcoming appointments: First ultrasound 1/22

How are you feeling?: The exhaustion and nausea have been really bad in the evenings.  So I have to focus on getting stuff done and eating before 4pm. 

Rants/Raves: I haven't worked out in almost two weeks because of the fatigue and nausea. I have gone on some walks, but I really want to get back to cycling. Hoping I can pick it back up again soon.

Questions: nope

GTKY: Are you a night owl or an early bird? Night owl all the way

• Options
    @bmo88 same. I finally got back on my peloton and gagged my way through a 20 mins low impact ride. I really hope it gets better soon for everyone. 
  • Options
    @hannelorre That sounds rough. I think if I try earlier in the day, it won't be as bad. Just need to find the motivation. I usually workout after my 3 year old goes to bed (not a morning person), but that just isn't going to work right now.