September 2021 Moms
Options

UO (Unpopular Opinion) 1/14

I'm bored, let hear something good!

*TW LC*
Me & MH: 32
DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
TTC #2: 12/2019
Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

Re: UO (Unpopular Opinion) 1/14

• Options
    YouTube tutorials are the worst type of tutorials.
  • Options
    @poodledoodleooo I have to disagree. We frequently use YouTube to look up random things around the house that we don't know how to do. And where would you get your tutorials if not from YouTube? Read them???
    *TW LC*

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haaate avocados. They make me gag. Apparently it's a sin to hate them. Because when I tell people that, they freak out. I used to volunteer at the zoo, and when I had to cut up avocados for the Okapi, I would stand there gagging just from touching them. I admit, it's a super weird aversion. But I seriously can't help it! lol
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• Options
    @krash_ oh yes. I definitely prefer step-by-step written instructions over a YouTube video. It's impossible for me to follow along with a video tutorial. It all moves too fast (I'm deaf and use captions, so it's impossible to read the words and watch the demonstration). 

• Options
    @Whitmore1027 I gag from bananas and I only eat avocados on toast or chips so I would have to sort of agree with you. But I still love a good guac. 

@poodledoodleooo I didn't realize you were deaf. Sorry! It would be hard to follow a video and read the captions at the same time. I turn captions on when I'm watching a show after DS is in bed so I can keep the volume low and I find myself just reading and not watching anything that's happening. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    vampirinavampirina member
    edited January 2021
    @krash_ for normal entertainment purposes captions are fine, but trying to follow step by step instructions is a nightmare. People need to MOVE MUCH slower if they are doing a video  - also a  a little PSA for anyone who make tutorials and wants to be more inclusive 🤣
  • Options
    @poodledoodleooo I can for sure see how YouTube tutorials can be way harder than written instructions for you! I personally love them and will watch them just because I’m bored...not even to learn anything lol!

I can’t stand cilantro. DH calls me a cilantro “super taster” like if there is one leaf in guac I can’t eat it and no one else can even taste it. Very frustrating because I love all the foods that typically contain cilantro!
  • Options
    @runningoncookies omg i loooooove cilantro!!!! i always ask for extra on my burrito bowls!!!! hmmm my UO is that game of thrones is wack. 
  • Options
    @runningoncookies Fun fact, I HATED cilantro horribly before my first pregnancy. Ever since then, I LOVE it. I love it in salsa, tacos, you name it. It's crazy how pregnancy can completely change what you like to eat!

Still can't do avocados or guac though. I doubt that will ever change. haha

Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• Options
    @Whitmore1027 maybe this will finally be when I start liking cilantro lol!! It would make ordering Mexican food so much more fun if I could eat everything on the menu!
  • Options
    @runningoncookies I'm firmly in dislike of cilantro category 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Omg I loooooove guac looooove cilantro. Y'all are nuts  :D:p
  • Options
    @Whitmore1027 I’m with you, hard pass on avocado!! I found out several years ago that I’m allergic to it but disliked it before, so squishy and weird!

@indigoheightsblog team cilantro! 

My UO: I hate Seinfeld. 
  • Options
    @lmcw agreed Seinfeld is the worst!
  • Options
    @imcw I never got into Seinfeld.

My UO: Staying on the TV theme...I didn't think Big Bang Theory was all that great.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I’m hopping on the love avocados and cilantro train! Mmm guac... 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @Whitmore1027 I’m a dietitian and I don’t like avocados 😬 although I do like a really good guac

@Centralmnmom I can’t stand Big Bang Theory. I don’t think it’s funny at all. 

My UO... I think Burger King has the best fast food fries
  • Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast this is the only one that has shocked me. Burger King is pretty much the only fast food restaurant I will not eat at - bleh! 
  • Options
    I cannot tag everyone who has been on this topic but: 1) I also do not like video tutorials. Just not a fan of learning things that way. It's always a last resort. 2) I also do not like avocado. The only exception is in sushi.. probably because it blends in enough I don't notice. But big chunks? Passss.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Also - Yes. Big Bang Theory is so annoying. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Agreed - dislike Big Bang Theory
    But I LOVE Seinfeld 

UO - I say this as an avid reading, but reading books is equally as lazy as watching tv 
  • Options
    I see the dislike for The Big Bang Theory and will add on a strong meh for Friends. Whiney characters, poorly written story lines, horrendous laugh track when there's no joke to be found... I also watched but never fully enjoyed Schitts Creek and don't get its hype either.

My major unpopular opinion... the whole "wine mom" culture freaks me out 😬 it always seems like very thinly veiled alcoholism. I enjoy a couple of drinks in the right setting, but the whole notion of needing a glass (or bottle) a day to just get through life with your kids? Big yikes from me.
  • Options
    Also not a huge Friends fan either. I do love TBBT though! 

I'm a seamstress, and I HATE when people who are into sewing use the word "sew" instead of "so". Like "that's sew cute!!". It really grinds my gears lol
  • Options
    @CanadianGamerMom OMG...the sewing puns. They’re the worst. I wrote a sewing blog for years and the “That’s sew cute!” comments made me twitch every time. That’s such a specific unpopular opinion and I’m happy to second it.  :D 
  • Options
    @IdleFancy I'm so (😂) excited to see another sewist in here! Which sewing blog was it? 
  • Options
    deziraywattdeziraywatt member
    edited January 2021
    @Knottie1424663410 I would have to agree with the wine mom thing.  I would liken it to the dad that polishes off a 6 pack every night, while he sits on the lazy boy watching whatever sport is on.  Although the fact that I am not drinking is going to be a huge giveaway that I am pregnant.  We go to my in-laws for dinner and I usually have a couple glasses of wine there, and my best friend's birthday is coming up.  I'm trying to find a fun way to tell her that I am pregnant before then so that the news doesn't overshadow her birthday.  
  • Options
    @krash_ so well said. And I hate that so many women are likely missing symptoms of their alcoholism because its normalized and aren't getting the real mental and physical support they need. No one should feel like they have to self-medicate to get through the day. Mommy wine culture is so problematic, and not even on an individual level. 
  • Options
    @nasalot188 @Centralmnmom my people! My husband loves it. It's a serious point of contention in our house lol

@chewie5990 I love that, reading is 100% lazy time for me (one avid reader to another)

I love this conversation about mommy wine culture. I always felt uncomfortable seeing people posting about their "mommy juice" and normalizing the need for and extent of drinking that happens. Don't get me wrong, I love a glass with dinner or whatever, but the whole "I need wine" thing really irks me. I was definitely going back for seconds (or thirds) more frequently back in March and April; I noticed that a bottle was not lasting as long as it used to and thought hold up this isn't normal, I need to do something about this. So important to be aware of, especially now, given all of the reports about the increase in alcohol consumption during the pandemic.
  • Options
    Aside from valid points about the dangers of normalizing alcoholism through mom wine culture, I am hard judging anyone who refers to alcohol as “mommy juice”. Just ew.
    I didn’t know that was a phrase. Bleh.
  • Options
    @CanadianGamerMom It was called Idle Fancy (also on IG) and I also co-founded the Curvy Sewing Collective, which has become something much larger than planned. Then...I had my DD and a full-time job, so it fell off a bit. I’m hoping to sew lots of flowy, elastic-waisted dresses for this pregnancy though, so maybe that will change!  :)