June 2021 Moms

High risk check in

This thread is for anyone who is high-risk.

How far along are you?

Why are you high risk?

Any additional monitoring or testing this week?

Any concerns/news currently?

How are you coping being high risk?

Any questions?

Re: High risk check in

• How far along are you? 16+3

Why are you high risk? AMA, RPL, Factor V Leiden

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? Had an early anatomy scan on Wednesday, which went well. They also checked my cervical length (a concern since I've had 2 D&Cs in the past year-ish) but it was great at 5cm and closed. Today I have to go get blood taken for the AFP and then I'm done for the month (veins didn't behave at my appointment). 

Any concerns/news currently? All good stuff right now, no actual concerns beyond just the normal worries/anxiety

How are you coping being high risk? Mostly ok, I think it helps that I'm "high risk" because of my age and loss history, not because of any issues with this pregnancy

Any questions? None right now
  • How far along are you? 20+1 today

Why are you high risk? Bicornuate uterus, newly diagnosed placenta previa and short cervix

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? None this week.  I won’t go back to the dr until 2/11 it’ll be an ultrasound with cervical length check then the steroid shots for lung development.  Seems so far away right now.  Trying to take this day by day

Any concerns/news currently? On bedrest until delivery. Working on getting all the disability paperwork submitted.  

How are you coping being high risk?  I’m okay right now.  I think I’m just still stunned.  The past few days I’ve realized that me being stuck in bed or a recliner has severely limited and changed the way I interact with DS.  I’m really sad that I’m going to miss fully being there for this last bit of time with DS as my only baby.

Any questions? Any good shows anyone is watching currently?  
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?
    19 weeks

Why are you high risk?
    Past MCs, thyroid, now GD

Any additional monitoring or testing this week?
    Was just diagnosed with GD by my MFM so Ive got that to look forward to lol.

I have a general follow up on the 2nd

Any concerns/news currently?
    I'm just so tired all the time

How are you coping being high risk?
    I'm okay ❤️
    Any questions?
    Natm!

@sgrn18 did you watch Bridgerton yet??? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ruemcclanahan i haven’t but it on my list! 
  • @sgrn18 We're currently working on "The Boys" (Amazon Prime), which is good. The other week I binged "Harlots" (Hulu), which was better than I expected. I also liked "The Great" (also on Hulu). 
  • @akoros omg The Boys is sooo good. Me and my husband watched both seasons and we loved it. 
  • How far along are you? 17+6

Why are you high risk? AMA, previous premie

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? nothing yet outside of norm. Waiting for my progesterone shots to be delivered. But got my AFP results :/ scheduled for cervical length check soon

Any concerns/news currently? AFP elevated. Risk elevated to 10x normal (1/101 instead of 1/1000 for NTD). I went through this with my oldest and he was fine (well has ADHD), but still sucks being in the unknown. Going to try to move my AS up from 20+2. 

How are you coping being high risk? I was doing ok. Taking it in stride that I needed weekly progesterone shots and more frequent follow up, etc... but kinda freaking out due to the afp. Though intellectually I know the risk is still low. 

Any questions? Natm

@sgrn18 I’m still liking Zooey’s Extraordinary Playlist. Is in season 2. 
  • @angelz429. I had an elevated AFP with my first as well.  I think it came back a 1:41 chance.  I did a lot of reading and research on it too.  I read that an elevated afp is more likely if you had a SCH or bleeding in the first trimester (which I did with my first).  Statistically everything will likely be fine but I know that stress well.  Hope they find everything is fine and are able to move up your
    anatomy scan for some peace of mind.  

Thanks for all the suggestions of shows!  I’m going to dig in to these lol 
  • @sgrn18 I'm sorry that this time with ds is different than you imagined it would be. Not the same, but I was on modified bed rest during ds2's first tri, and remember how tough it was to just watch him play. We read a LOT of books together, watched movies, and he played with DH. In some ways I think it helped him adjust to me not always being able to drop everything for him, which helped his adjustment when ds2 was born. I cried a lot though. Sending ♥️
    @angelz429 fx you can move your AS up and that everything looks good. Sorry you are going through that stress again! 
    @ashaislurking I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. I'm glad you are able to talk to your therapist and that one major milestone is behind you. FX the next few are easier for you ♥️
  • _orchid__orchid_ member
    edited January 2021
    How far along are you? 16+4

Why are you high risk? AMA, hypothyroidism, RPL, 2 blood clotting disorders, sjorgens syndrome (autoimmune that can cause heart problems for baby)

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? I see the MFM Friday for my first fetal echocardiogram. I'll have them biweekly until 31-33 weeks to make sure everything's ok. 

Any concerns/news currently? It took me 3 weeks to get hydroxychloroquine, which is supposed to help with the Sjorgens and lower the risk of heart trouble. Started taking it a week and a half ago and it sucks lol. Makes me feel sick. Did lovenox shot #58 last night (not that I'm counting 😂). Started another new dosage of synthroid this week too- my thyroid is taking longer to get under control this round. Part of my protocol for the Sjorgens is doing daily doppler checks, which I've been nervous about bc I have an anterior placenta and every time I tried to find the HB before 13 weeks I was unsuccessful. Tried yesterday for the first time monitoring, and found it right away. It was DH's first time hearing it in person. 

How are you coping being high risk? Ehh. Some days better than others. I think I'm ok, but we haven't told many people in case something goes wrong- including my bosses, my other kids, friends, other family members, which makes me think I'm really NOT ok. 

Any questions? Has anyone had a fetal echo? I don't even know what to expect in terms of how long they take. Is it through ultrasound or like an adult echo? 

We've been watching a lot of old SNL episodes on hulu. 
  • @_orchid_ I've had a fetal echo and it's pretty much just an ultrasound that focuses very specifically on the heart and heart anatomy. I needed to have one done before we proceeded with fetal surgery last time. It took about an hour for mine, but I've heard them being shorter or longer just depending on how quickly/easily they can see all the parts of the heart's anatomy they need to see.
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @ashaislurking thanks for the info! Ok good to know. FX baby is cooperative so it's on the quicker side lol. 
  • @ashaislurking yay! Glad everything was looking good and you are feeling less anxious!! Loving all this good news from these AS, ladies! 
  • @ashaislurking yay for good baby news!

I started progesterone today. The poke it fine. The meds going in burns. So beware. Wasn’t even sore after. But also... maybe Bc I got the covid vaccine so my arm pain was more prominent lol
  • I told my supervisors yesterday and made it through the anxiety. I think we will tell our kids tomorrow 😬 I'm already trying to justify pushing it off longer, but dh thinks ds1 overheard us yesterday when I called him from the MFM. Today I'm trying to rein in my PGAL/high risk anxiety about telling them.
  • @_orchid_ I decided to wait until after my anatomy scan in a few weeks, but already getting nervous about it so I totally understand. Just trying to remind myself that telling (or not telling) people has zero impact on the pregnancy, despite my fear of "jinxing" it.
  • @_orchid_ I'm sending you lots of love. Navigate it at your pace and allow yourself some self-care today.
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @_orchid_ if it makes you feel any better, DH and I haven't told my step daughter yet either. We really want to but were trying to hold off as long as we can. She just turned 11 and not dumb so im sure she will figure it out soon lol I understand the PGAL anxiety in telling them. I have that same anxiety too. Take your time and do what feels right.