EDD / Weeks+Days: 
FTM/STM/STM+: 
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  
Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: 
Upcoming appointments:  
How are you feeling? 
Rants/Raves: 
Questions: 
GTKY: If you could share a meal with any 3 individuals, living or dead, who would they be?

Re: 👛 Weeks 1 & 2 (5/1-5/14) Check-In w/o Jan. 11

• EDD / Weeks+Days: 5/8; 23+2
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  Blue
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: Chinchilla
    Upcoming appointments:  OB check up tomorrow and MFM next week.
    How are you feeling? Okay. Not sleeping well since I have to roll from side to side to stay comfortable and my SPD makes moving around in bed painful. 
    Rants/Raves: We are almost to the point where we can lay new subfloor in our bathroom! After that we just have a little plumbing and electrical work to do and then we can hang all the new sheetrock and move forward with the visual progress.
    Questions: Nope.
    GTKY: If you could share a meal with any 3 individuals, living or dead, who would they be? Hmmm this is a good one. Probably my dad (passed away in 2019 shortly after my daughter's first birthday) and my grandfather (passed right before I graduated college in 2010).Not sure who the 3rd would be. 
  • EDD / Weeks+Days: 23w1d
    FTM/STM/STM+: 3rd time mom
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  Team Blue
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: a plate of poutine  :D
    Upcoming appointments:  Tomorrow is my follow up anatomy scan at the mfm
    How are you feeling? I'm doing good! My ankles started swelling a lot last week, and based on the fact that I walked around the zoo for 4 hours on Saturday and they didn't swell, tells me that it's from sitting at my desk for long periods of time.
    Rants/Raves: Last week we moved our youngest into the room with our oldest and it has gone surprising well and I'm thrilled as heck.  Plus, I ordered stuff for nursery decor and I'm really excited!
    Questions: None right now!
    GTKY: If you could share a meal with any 3 individuals, living or dead, who would they be? My dad who passed away in 2017, my grandma who passed away in 2004, and my dog, Beau, who passed away in 2012.  100%. It makes me weepy thinking about it.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Loading the player...
  • @gusgus14 Yay for a functional bathroom before babies!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• EDD / Weeks+Days: May 14 / 22+3
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue
    Baby is the size of: Eggplant or a coconut
    Upcoming appointments: 22 wk OB visit tomorrow, virtual follow up w/nutritionist on Wed.
    How are you feeling? Great. Walks really knock me out tho, even more than spinning on my bike for 20 min. I took 20-30 min. walks both days this weekend and felt so tired and even mentally spacey after.
    Rants/Raves: Rave for being busy in a good way this week...have a bunch of solid meetings. 
    Questions: NATM
    GTKY: If you could share a meal with any 3 individuals, living or dead, who would they be? Beyonce, Rihanna and Anthony Bourdain. We'd talk about world domination and global food adventures.
  • yellingbananayellingbanana member
    edited January 2021
    @ec1212 so are you going to wear a shirt covered in sweets on Wednesday?! 😆

@gusgus14 ah bathroom progress is the best. I’m even willing to let DH ruin the toddlers naps so that he can work on it. I’m praying that our bathrooms are both done in time for babies! I don’t want to step up into the guest shower/tub after my c-section!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @yellingbanana fingers crossed for both of us! We originally had wanted to be ready to tile the floor by first of January but that obviously didn't happen! Now I'm hoping for Feb 1 and after that we can at least start installing fixtures but will still have the shower left to do. How much do you guys have left? 
  • @gusgus14 not a lot of progress in the last month, DH had sinus surgery and when he recovered was out of town for a week for work. But he started on it again last night. We’ve done the Sheetrock, moved plumbing, and built half of the closets. Once the closets are done, it’s on to the floor. I feel like we are 50% done. We have our shower and vanity already. I think he will have the closets done by the end of the weekend! After posting lasers night, I told DH to work on it anytime he wants, I don’t care if we sacrifice some good nap times. I want my bathroom back! It’s been a year or so since we started demolition, I miss having my adult bathroom! 

• EDD / Weeks+Days:  May 1st, 24+3
    FTM/STM/STM+: 4th
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  Pink!
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  GI Joe
    Upcoming appointments:  Feb 4th, regular ob and ultrasound at MFM same day!
    How are you feeling? Stuffy and painful back. 
    Rants/Raves: My baby has started beating me up. But I can easily find her heartbeat with my fetal Doppler now!
    Questions: Anyone else still stuffy?
    GTKY: If you could share a meal with any 3 individuals, living or dead, who would they be? Jon Stewart, Tina Fey, Obama. I think that would be a fun meal! 

• @yellingbanana oh man I feel that. I think we’re at 4 years here and I’m so beyond ready. We finished moving all the plumbing just need to add the new shower and tub valves but all of the under the floor stuff is done and DH is planning on laying subfloor this week and then hopefully finishing the behind the wall stuff this weekend! We were supposed
    to be building a new walk in closet in our room too but we’re postponing that until after the boys move to their nursery since we’ll be taking a big chunk of space and want as much room as possible for us, the boys, and our two dogs that sleep in our room!
  • yellingbanana haha I totally would if I could!!
  • EDD / Weeks+Days: 23 weeks 2 days
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  pink
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: a furby
    Upcoming appointments: OB check on Friday 
    How are you feeling? Suuuuper tired off and on, I have not been motivated to work out this week.
    Rants/Raves: it was officially a year ago today I started a new job that was a super-corporate culture in comparison with my previous job and my biggest stressor was spending additional time away from my daughter. So although this year has sucked big time, I am so grateful for this past year we’ve had together!
    Questions: has anyone started thinking about quarantining the last few weeks of pregnancy? I plan to, but then remembered we have weekly OB appointments at that time & im wondering if they could be virtual. Has anyone discussed this with their OB? 
    GTKY: If you could share a meal with any 3 individuals, living or dead, who would they be? My mom, my grandma, that’s all really. I admire a lot of people but I don’t necessarily want to sit and talk to them 🤷🏻‍♀️😂
  • @ckmb_1250 I haven’t discussed it but don’t see how it would work to do them virtually with checking for dilation and positioning plus checking the heartbeats and stuff like that 🤷‍♀️
  • @gusgus14 checking dilation is an option, I would think you can check blood pressure at home, but you’re right I don’t know how they’d get around checking heartbeat unless you had a really good home Doppler.
    I also think those last several visits are important because you’re seeing your Dr so often, you’re kind of their radar and could see them any day for the birth. It’s just been on my mind because I’m sure I’ll be stressed out about the potential exposure.
  • @ckmb_1250 right, I just mentioned dilation checks because I do plan on having them done but I know they aren’t mandatory. They also don’t use a doppler for me because the need to see which baby has which heartbeat but again that’s specific to my situation. I also feel really good about how my OB’s office has handled/is handling COVID so I’m not really worried about exposure there. I’m more worried about being exposed at the hospital to be honest.
  • @gusgus14 I’m more worried about exposure at the hospital too, and really really never want to get covid at all, but I reeeally don’t want to test positive at hospital admission and have the extra fears/complications/isolation. I always envisioned us staying super isolated the last few weeks & then realized I’d be going out at least once a week 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • @ckmb_1250 I get that! This whole pandemic pregnancy thing is tough to navigate. I was hoping things would be better by the time our babes started making their appearances but that's not realistic at this point! 
  • @ckmb_1250 I feel you on dreading the covid test when going into the hospital. We basically already are quarantined here since we work remotely, but we do sometimes see people masked and outside, go to doctors appts, and to stores for food and house supplies. If by April things aren’t better, we may up our rules by ordering grocery delivery so neither of us has to go anywhere except the doctor for me. But I’m so so hopeful that we won’t feel the need to do that! My OB’s office had a covid outbreak in November and I did a virtual visit during that time. @gusgus14 they didn’t attempt to check anything on my body virtually but also I was 16w so not as much to check. They gave me the option to go in but recommended telehealth because I had gotten a Doppler check a week before. My impression was that for women further along who needed dilation, NSTs, and cervical length checks or any other concern, they would go in person. You’d hope that our clinics would cancel appointments for women who are not pregnant/not dealing with a serious condition so that fewer people are in the office when we (and others) are due for appointments. 
  • @ccmrc143 yes, I think my OB's practice has a plan for switching to telehealth visits if necessary for any visits that do not require in-person visits. However, since preventative health checks are still encouraged during this time my guess is they would still be seeing women for their paps and stuff like that. I'm trying not to worry about it at this point! But we rarely go anywhere other than sending my DD to daycare so if I'm only going to my OB's office, I don't feel like I have a super high risk of exposure (unless someone there isn't being honest with their health screenings obviously)!. 
  • @ccmrc143 we are functioning similarly, I’m not working & my husband works from home, i only do grocery pickup and the only additional place we’ll be going is my daughters gymnastics class once/week, but there are only 4 kids. So I know I have a low risk overall. But my OB office has tried to keep all appts in person. For me the appts at 37/38/39 weeks would just be weight, bp, Doppler. I guess I’ll have to ask if these visits are 100% recommended if I’m low risk. 
  • @ckmb_1250 we isolate at much as possible. My ob office had an outbreak in their office last month, which caused my appointment to be stitched to virtual. I got the vaccine. My husband and all my family plans to get it when offered. My husband works in manufacturing and they don’t wear masks because of hippa. My husband had thinks it’s because a mask could get caught in a machine. I work from home. However I do go to appointments and my sisters kids go to school and my mom is exposed to them and my mom watches my daughter so I’m only as safe as they are. Otherwise we do grocery pickup and are as safe as possible 

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• @ruby0902 I was just wondering where you were! Nice deal on the changing table!!! You can find really great second hand deals, especially when in a well populated area. Way to go! 

• ruby0902 amazing find!! Will you join us in our new private group? We're moving over next Monday!
  • @ruby0902 Glad to see you back and all is well! Yay for finding a nice piece!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @ec1212 - I'm in! Have missed you ladies. 
  • @ckmb_1250 I plan on doing the last week before my scheduled c-section. I can only use a week of sick time a year. I also don't know how helpful it will be because DS has school and it's only a week but it's the best we can manage. I work retail so I see so many people everyday I think one less week will help limit the exposure. 

• EDD / Weeks+Days: May 4th/24+3
    FTM/STM/STM+: Third time
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  Team Green
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: Weighs the same as an NBA basketball today
    Upcoming appointments:  Just had one yesterday, everything is going great and my doctor is going to start seeing me every 3 weeks but not go down to every two weeks, which means I probably have 7 appointments left :#
    How are you feeling? I am feeling alright but my back is seriously killing me and the restless legs :s
    Rants/Raves: I finally have an appetite and started to gain weight! I am still under my pre-pregnancy weight but I am sure I will catch up to it soon. 
    Questions: None right now
    GTKY: If you could share a meal with any 3 individuals, living or dead, who would they be? Oh gosh I am so bad at these questions. I mean there are some great people in history or whatever that I think we are supposed to pick but I think I would actually go with Ali Wong, Amy Poehler, and Michelle Obama. 

• @nbcarlson that sounds like an *awesome* dinner!! I also just realized I have one more appointment (@ 27 weeks) before I start going every 2 weeks!!  :o
  • @ec1212 @nbcarlson I just got back from my appointment and realized the same! I have a 28 week app and then going to 2 week intervals! 😅

I think I am going to do the glucose drink this time vs finger pricks. Anybody have tips on what to eat beforehand? My dr told me if I’m worried about a weird reading, carb load a few days before. But then my friend sent me a picture of her actual drink and right on it it says not to have a ton of carbs right before 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • @ckmb_1250 I have my glucose challenge and my next appt., too (I think I also have my TDAP booster at that appointment).

The OB didn't have any advice for the test other than the instructions...I have read people who are generally on a low carb diet might benefit by carb loading beforehand so their body doesn't freak out since the drink is so high in carbs, but I'm afraid that would backfire. I'm just going to eat as I have been during pregnancy which is about 40% carbs, 40% fat and 20% protein (before pregnancy I was about 25%-30% carbs and higher fat/protein...so it will be really interesting to see how my results turn out). 
  • @ec1212 I think I am around there too - 40/40/20, I have put my food into MyFitnessPal a handful of times and have been around there. 

I’ve never had super high glucose readings before, not that I test it often.  But I have had pretty low ones, like I had to do a health screening during 1st tri for my husbands insurance, I had eaten like a 600-700 calorie breakfast maybe an hour and a half before and my glucose was already down in the 60s. So I don’t really know what that means 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @ckmb_1250 I've never had issues with mine just eating normal before hand. The nurse said to avoid flavored oatmeal though because the sugar and startch combo is basically an automatic fail. 

• @nbcarlson great to know. Thanks!!
  • @nbcarlson thanks! Maybe I’ll just eat a bunch of scrambled eggs. 
  • @nbcarlson omg thank you for saying that! My glucose test is Monday morning and I eat oatmeal for breakfast every day 😂 I’ll have scrambled eggs Monday for sure.