Weekly Randoms 1/11

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/11

• Options
    @pickle-chips I absolutely love Paul Rudd!!  😍
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @emily1052 that man does NOT age. 😍
  • Options
    @emily1052 this Paul Rudd related video cracked me up https://www.instagram.com/reel/CJW0v8fF-J1/?igshid=wivwovltidom I heave never seen an episode of Hot Ones, but I might have to watch Paul Rudd. 
  • Options
    @pickle-chips that's sad. I love dill pickle chips and pickles in general. What are you going to change your user name to? 😂😂😂
  • Options
    carbscarbscarbsandcheese - me
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
  • Options
    I hate changing my name! I got married in August and I only just got a new drivers license. The BMV has been closed d/t covid. I still had to do all my intake forms for the OB today in my old name because my insurance card still has the old name. Ugh. It’s never ending. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @emmylou78 I hear you on the name change!  What a pain in the a$$ that was!  I’m so glad you had a great ultrasound today!  
  • Options
    Thanks @emily1052. I feel like we can start telling people now, even with it still being early. MH is excited and wants to tell people, so we’ve done select few. Plus people knew we were trying anyway, so I’m constantly asked. Me and MH work together, so both of us get hit with the questions. 
  • Options
    @pickle-chips, DH and I slept on a queen for the first five years of our marriage. I still don’t know how we did it for so long. A king mattress is a necessity. I don’t want to be touched while I’m sleeping! 
  • Options
    Yayyy for king bed @pickle-chips! I agree with @cyanope, it's a game changer!

Sorry I've been MIA this week- it's be a rough one. I had a huge deadline on Tuesday and found out that afternoon my dad tested positive for Covid. He is bad health with many pre-existing conditions prior to getting sick so this is my family's biggest fear. Thankfully he was able to get an early antibody infusion and his doc is being super aggressive about treatment. He ran a low grade fever for one day but is otherwise feeling ok. My mom I showing no symptoms thus far. They were SO close to getting the vaccine which makes this all even more frustrating.  
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy oh no! I’m sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope that the aggressive treatment keeps his case mild and manageable. Sending up good thoughts for a speedy recovery. And hopefully you and your mom avoid it altogether! 
  • Options
    Thanks @pickle-chips. He is having a good day so far. We know symptoms likely progress over time, but for now fingers crossed.
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy oh what a week! I'm glad your dad's doc was on top of it and got him the antibody infusion. I hope it works and keeps his case mild 🙏🙏
  • Options
    I haven’t been around much due to a family emergency. We had been staying at MIL’s during deer season (DH was working for a friend who processes deer) and just when we were finally about to leave, ***TW -assault on minor*** 

My 14 y/o SIL (who is also my niece) was picked up while walking along the rd by a stranger who took her home and raped her. 

so we ended up staying longer to be there for her and to support MIL during the following 2 wks. So yeah... all that while puking my guts out has been rough. We are visiting my parents in FL before we go home and just got here last night. It’s SO nice to be here! My mom is trying to spoil me like always and as guilty as I feel saying this, it’s a nice change from being the strong one who took care of everyone the last 2 weeks. 

DH had to come down with the flu during the night so we aren’t doing much today but FX he feels better soon so we can get in a beach day this weekend! The kiddos would absolutely love it and I could use some sun on my pasty ass lol 

Hoping now that I have service again (I had pretty much none in TX) I can participate here more regularly!

• Options
    Oh my gosh, @jynjer3, I am so sorry about your SIL. I am at a complete loss for words, but my heart goes out to her, to all of you. I am glad that you are getting some relief from holding everyone together and that your Mom is taking care of you.  <3
  • Options
    @jynjer3 that is incredibly heartbreaking. I hope she continues to receive support and my heart aches for your whole family. 

• Options
    @surrenderdorothy so sorry about your dad, that must be so scary! Here's hoping his symptoms stay mild, his doctor stays on top of things, and no one else gets sick.

@jynjer3 that is so horrible about your SIL, I can't even imagine. Good for you for sticking around to help out in the aftermath, and I hope you get to enjoy a little pampering now that you're with your parents!
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy, I am SO sorry. My parents both had COVID last month, so I understand the anxiety. Fingers crossed his case stays mild and you mom can avoid it!
    @jynjer3, I don’t even know what to say. That is absolutely heartbreaking. I hope she gets the help and support she needs. 
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy Hope your dad recovers quickly.

@jynjer3 I can't even imagine. I'm so sorry. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    @jynjer3 I hope your SIL got the support she needs. I work with those types of victims. Our state has programs that give free follow ups and counseling. 
  • Options
    @pickle-chips we got a king size bed a year or so into our relationship. I couldn’t ever go back!! 
  • Options
    Gosh @jynjer3 my stomach just turned reading that. How awful for your SIL and your family. Did they catch the perpetrator? 
  • Options
    @emily1052 what brand of Doppler do you have? I want to get one.

I did the NIPT blood test last week. Knowing that we’ll know the baby’s sex soon is killing meee. I’m so excited. We were team green last time and I was so chill about not finding out. This time I keep checking my email and waiting for a call from my doctor like a crazy person. 
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy it’s a sonoline B.  A friend gave it to me during my last pregnancy and I loved it!  Watch some YouTube videos on the best positions for the wand.  You can also buy aloe gel instead of ultrasound gel, a lot cheaper. 
    Also, the necessary warning, just because you hear the heartbeat doesn’t mean everything is okay.  If you think something is off, call your doctor.
    And if you can’t find it, it doesn’t mean anything is wrong. They are SO small and can hide really easily.  Also placenta location may cause difficulties.  

I’m so excited that you are so close to finding out!!  
  • Options
    @jynjer3 - How absolutely horrible! I'm so sorry that happened to your niece. Don't feel guilty for letting your mom take care of you! It's hard being the strong one and you deserve to be able to drop that sometimes *hugs* 
  • Options
    It’s French couture @claireloSC.