August 2021 Moms

Re: UOs 1.14

• I think baby showers or sprinkles for second or later kids is totally inappropriate. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @claireloSC I think baby showers in general are a little much 😅 
  • Loading the player...
  • I think baby showers or sprinkles for second or later kids is totally inappropriate. 
    People like to celebrate 🤷🏻‍♀️. I threw a friend one before I knew it was taboo. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Apparently I'm the only one that likes full bed? We had a full size for the first 4 yrs of our marriage and upgraded to queen and I miss snuggling. MH wants a king 🙄
  • @surrenderdorothy that's actually really sweet. I'm not against 2nd baby sprinkles especially when it's arranged by the non-mother to be. One of my coworkers expecting a 3rd and someone is throwing a surprise sprinkle and I don't mind it at all bc I am so genuinely happy for her. I agree we need more positive normal life things to celebrate these days. 

Also I have no problem saying no to invites if I think it's weird.
  • @hannelorre oh agree. Nothing is more insulting than a gift grab invitation. You can sniff those from a mile away. 
  • @hannelorre that might be the most truly unpopular (while not being offensive, haha) opinion I’ve heard in a while! I’m not the biggest on needing a bunch of space in bed- my H and I sleep snuggling at least part of every night- but I like having the option to roll away if I’m hot/don’t feel good/one of us is tossing and turning. That’s pretty cute that you like being so close!
  • @hannelorre oof, yeah, I don't know how MH and I managed to sleep in a double for the first few years we lived together. He's a furnace and in the winter that is nice, but summertime he can't be touching me :D. It's also the length of a double that really doesn't work for me. I'm 5'11 and MH is 6', so we are not overly tall, but we are tall enough that both of our feet hang over the edge of the bed of a double.
  • We have a Queen and no space for a King, so I've literally been sleeping in the guest room for the past week 🙈
  • I'm going to be so uncomfortable going out in public without a mask on when this is all over. 
  • emmylou78 said:
    I think baby showers or sprinkles for second or later kids is totally inappropriate. 
    People like to celebrate 🤷🏻‍♀️. I threw a friend one before I knew it was taboo. 
    I'm happy for any reason to have a party, especially if there's cake! Baby showers in general aren't my favorite (I hate the games, not a fan of watching people open presents) but I'm happy to celebrate with people even if it's baby number 2, 3, 4, whatever. 
  • @doodlemom131 - My husband and I have had separate bedrooms for years. It's just the best way for both of us to get a good night's sleep until we move somewhere big enough for a king size bed.