September 2021 Moms

**TW: Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Loss Support

Re: **TW: Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Loss Support

• @demimondaine I am so sorry to hear this! I hope nothing but good things for you in the future!
  • Thank you for having this thread here. I'm mama to a healthy 3 year old boy and I never had any concerning issues during my pregnancy with him, so the cramping and spotting from the get-go is new and alarming. I've already seen my ob/gyn, but I'm looking for a little extra support until my ultrasound in 3 weeks.

We've been "trying" for a second one for the most part for about 7 months, and I'd just gotten the ClearBlue ovulation kit. I sometimes have shorter cycles (lowest 22 in the last 6 months, average 26, up to 29), so I followed the instructions and tested on day 6 of my cycle even though I was struggling with cedar fever. I got a peak positive result right away and was a little baffled by it, as I hadn't noticed any of my usual signs of a fertile window. Maybe it was the allergies but I usually have a very noticeable day or two of the slippery, fertile CM. None this time. Two days later when I felt a little better we did have intercourse, and I noticed a tiny tinge of pink afterward. I shrugged it off as maybe being from intercourse, but around the same time (kicking myself for not remembering if it was earlier that day or the next day), I had a sharp cramp in my lower left abdomen. I looked it up and figured that if it was two days after a peak OPK, maybe it was ovulation cramping and bleeding? Never had that before. But then it didn't stop. About 6 days in I was wearing my period undies because it was more than spotting, sometimes bright red blood. By chance I already had my well woman exam scheduled for that week and I figured I should ask if I had polyps, cysts, endometriosis, anything that could explain the anomaly. Since we were trying to conceive and I'm nearing 35, she ordered a full blood panel. That's when they called me back to tell me I was pregnant. I responded "I'm pregnant?" and then spaced out for a few seconds before saying "wait... but I've been bleeding for 8 days now -- since before I would have conceived". One of the nurses I spoke to sounded a little more concerned than the other, but I got a 6 week scan scheduled on February 1st to check things out. One of them told me to call if I experienced a lot of pain or heavy bleeding with clots, but the other one left a voicemail saying I should be fine as long as I don't have pain or bright red bleeding, which perplexed me since I'd experienced both and told the doctor that. I'm trying to remain neutral, but since my first pregnancy was nothing like this, I'm a little concerned that something has been wrong since the very start. I did too much reading and feel like it could be an ectopic pregnancy (like maybe the ovary was inflamed at ovulation, the egg got stuck and fertilized in the fallopian tube, and that would explain continuing issues since ovulation). But even in that scenario, apparently most people don't notice symptoms until 4 weeks in, and I've had them the whole time, even if it ebbs and flows a bit. I guess we'll see. Stressful to start out like this; this time 4 years ago my body had no idea I was pregnant until the day of my missed period. This time I'm not even that far and I'm already waddling around in discomfort. I have work to do but I'm distracted!
  • Loading the player...
  • @jessieleine I’m sorry you’re experiencing so much spotting and cramping. Ovulation strips will read positive with pregnancy. I wonder if you have been pregnant longer than you think. Either way, the bleeding is scary. I know you can have a lot of bleeding with SCH and if that’s what you’re experiencing they will recommend modified bedrest. They are present in 40% of pregnancies. 
  • So to add to the cramping I was worried about the last few days, I went to the bathroom like 2 1/2 hours ago and there was blood when I wiped😔 I went back to the bathroom 10 minutes later because I switched to a different pair of underwear so I’d have a pad on if it got any heavier and it was just pinkish brown that time. An hour later, no blood. 🤔 still cramping but I’ve had that for days now. I’m really hoping it’s just some random spotting and that’s it. But I am worried because the lines on my tests never really got darker and it actually was lighter the last time I took one😔
  • @justyouraveragemama is your pain isolated on one side?

Ectopics can be weird. I had a normal period on August 1-5 and then a ruptured ectopic pregnancy August 11. I had conceived in July and had no idea - since I had a period, I thought it was impossible. 

My pain was very isolated on one side though: I could put my finger on it.
  • Interesting, thank you for the response, I hadn't heard of that type of hematoma before. And until earlier in this forum I didn't realize that ovulation strips could read positive with pregnancy, so I checked just to be sure even though I'd had regular periods. My hcg levels from the doctor's office were 750, which lines up with the normal levels for about two weeks in. Hearing about a normal issue it could be is helpful. So far my brain couldn't come up with much other than various types of MC, so with this information I think it will be easier to rest my brain and just wait until the ultrasound. I'm hoping whatever the issue is, it will be clear to the nurse practitioner at that point.
  • @law_and_little1 no it’s like my whole uterus there isn’t a side that hurts more than the other. It’s the same kind of cramping I had in my first pregnancy but that didn’t happen until I was in my second trimester. I think some of the cramping is constipation too so there’s a double whammy going on
  • @justyouraveragemama How far along are you? I had spotting when I wiped one day and then I haven’t had anything since. I’m assuming it was some implantation bleeding because it was old blood. I have had off and on cramping too. It’s just so hard to tell with early pregnancy because cramping can go either way. Spotting can also be normal. As for the test, how diluted was your urine? That can make a difference. I have found I get darker lines in the evening so I have been testing then. I wouldn’t drink anything and do a 2-3 hour hold and see what kind of line you get with that. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 I’m 4 weeks, I took all my tests with fmu which is usually held from midnight to 7/8am. I did call my friend who’s a doctor and she mentioned that it could be from dehydration (I’m terrible at drinking water) so I started drinking water with electrolytes and the cramping has subsided a bit so I’m finger crossing maybe that’s it? There hasn’t been any blood since which is reassuring but still trying to stay calm about it. 
  • @demimondaine I am so so sorry. ❤️
  • I’m out. Bleeding picked up overnight so I went in this morning and my hcg was a whopping 12. OB isn’t optimistic but is going to check levels again in 3 days just in case. I’m glad I could be here for a little bit, I wish you all good luck on your pregnancy and I’ll pray for healthy babies for all of you❤️ Hopefully next time will stick!!
  • @justyouraveragemama I'm so sorry for your loss. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @justyouraveragemama I'm so sorry, sending you hugs.
  • @justyouraveragemama I'm so sorry! Sending hugs
  • @justyouraveragemama I’m so so sorry for your loss
  • @justyouraveragemama I am so sorry. Sending all of the hugs!  <3
  • @justyouraveragemama I am so sorry for your loss sweetie! <3 
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• @justyouraveragemama so sorry for your loss  <3
  • @justyouraveragemama and @demimondaine I’m sorry for your losses💔

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @Whitmore1027 I am so sorry you are experiencing this.  I can't even begin to imagine the pain you are going through right now.  
  • @Whitmore1027 I’m so sorry. Last cycle I had a CP and it was my first. I had a sinking feeling the entire time I was pregnant because none of it felt right. It was very strange how it all played out. Any loss is a horrible loss and all your feelings are very valid. I hope you can take some time for yourself and grieve the way you need to. I always feel best after a really good cry. Sending you so many hugs. ❤️
  • @Whitmore1027 I'm so sorry for your loss. It doesn't matter if it was a surprise or if you were unsure about a 3rd child, your feelings about this loss are valid. Take your time to feel all the emotions you need to. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @Whitmore1027 I’m so sorry. CPs are truly the worst experience to go through. 
  • @Whitmore1027 I’m so sorry, sending you so much love
  • @Whitmore1027 so very sorry. CP’s are awful. No matter how long we carry our babies, the loss still hurts.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @Whitmore1027 so sorry to hear this! Thinking of you ❤️
  • @Whitmore1027 I am so sorry. Sending all the hugs your way ❤️
  • @Whitmore1027 so sorry for your loss. CPs are horrible, your feeling are very valid  <3
  • @Whitmore1027 I'm so sorry for your loss.  

Pregnancy Ticker

• @Whitmore1027 I am so sorry to hear that. That sounds like a very upsetting and confusing situation.  <3
  • @Whitmore1027 I am so sorry. Love for a child simply cannot be determined by the length of time you loved them or whether it was planned or a surprise. Your love was real no matter what, and I am so sorry for your loss. 
  • Thank you everyone for your kind words! They mean so much! <3
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• @emeraldcity1214 thanks again for the support on here.

On Friday I was still having cramping and bleeding and called the nurse line for a third time to go over my concerns again. She was the first person to suggest that I come in right away for an ultrasound to see if they could rule out ectopic. My husband came with me to the scan and then we waited in a room for 40 minutes while they reviewed results. They said what they saw was "very concerning" as pregnancy tissue and pools of blood were accumulating outside of my uterus, with swelling around my left fallopian tube. They sent me straight to surgery to get the tube and extra tissue removed. It was a scary whirlwind, but the hospital staff were so caring, and luckily my husband was able to get our son to my parent's house and then come back to get me. I'm resting now, just a little sore as they have to pump your abdomen with CO2 during the procedure. Apparently my risk of getting another ectopic pregnancy is now 10% instead of 2%. We'll give it another try when I'm healed in a couple of months, and see what happens.

• @jessieleine I’m very sorry you went through that. Take care of yourself and heal. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @jessieleine I’m so sorry you went through all of that. I’m glad they caught it in time before anything bad happened. I’m so very sorry for your loss and I hope you get your THB soon. ❤️
  • @jessieleine I'm so sorry for your loss.   Please take care of yourself.  I hope you get your rainbow baby soon.
    Side note, the gas can settle in your shoulders.  A heating pad helps a lot with that soreness.

Pregnancy Ticker