August 2021 Moms

PGAL 1/10

This is a check in for those of us who are experiencing pregnancy after a loss (miscarriage, chemical pregnancy, stillbirth, child loss, to name a few). Hopefully we can all lend support to each other through the hormone filled ride that is pregnancy!

Just a reminder: there is a general loss trigger warning on this entire thread. 

How far along are you? Any milestones?  

How are you feeling (physically)?

How are you feeling (mentally/emotionally)?

When is your next appointment? 

Rants/raves (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)

Re: PGAL 1/10

• How far along are you? Any milestones?  8 weeks today!  Finally past my milestones.  

How are you feeling (physically)? Yesterday was rough with exhaustion and nausea.  Hoping today is better.  Food will sound good but being to exhausted to get it and if I smell it, I’m done.  

How are you feeling (mentally/emotionally)? Still not letting myself feel excited.  I have a follow up ultrasound tomorrow to check on growth.  Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.  

When is your next appointment? Tomorrow at 3:30 for an ultrasound.  

Rants/raves (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here) I hate that this is SO hard for us!!  Also, I have a good friend trying to get pregnant with her first.  She has POCS and just went through her 4th round of Clomid.  Not successful this latest round and my heart breaks for her.  

• How far along are you? Any milestones?  
    7w2d 

How are you feeling (physically)? Nauseous, bloated and exhausted

How are you feeling (mentally/emotionally)? Bleh. I won't let myself get too excited until after first tri 

When is your next appointment? Wednesday for an ultrasound 🤞

Rants/raves (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here) I'm angry that my MMC has taken away all my joy and excitement for this pregnancy. I'm completely disconnected and just waiting for the other shoe to drop. It sucks. 

@emily1052 good luck tomorrow! 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? Any milestones?  7+1 none yet

How are you feeling (physically)? Blah. Been nauseous/ exhausted all day.

How are you feeling (mentally/emotionally)? I don't know. We saw the baby on 6+4 with a heartbeat of 126, but my last miscarriage I was 7+6 and with my mmc they stopped growing at 8.5 weeks.

When is your next appointment? 14th I see a me, but I see my ob on 2/25 and hoping she'll try the doppler then.

Rants/raves (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here) I've been on the verge of vomiting all day and I'm over it and yet thankful. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • How far along are you? Any milestones?  8+3... had an ultrasound Friday and saw the heartbeat which is a first and should make me feel safer but my MMC was detected at 10 and stopped growing at 9, so I haven’t exhaled all the way yet. I’ll feel better in second trimester I am hoping. 

How are you feeling (physically)? Blah I’m just so exhausted, I have headaches, some breast soreness, queasiness if I don’t eat regularly. Yesterday I had puked a few times at night which is a first and was miserable but reassuring lol

How are you feeling (mentally/emotionally)? I feel somewhat better? Heartbeat was so sweet to see, I definitely cried. We told my parents and they are SO EXCITED which makes me nervous, I just want to get to the point where I feel ok being happy

When is your next appointment? 2/1 is when I meet with my new OB for regular checkup, I need to schedule NIPT, nuchal, etc

Rants/raves (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here) Just tired of the fatigue and mental fog D: I’m in the last term of a doctoral program and running a small business but all I want to do is sleep and lay here.

• How far along are you? Any milestones?  10w1d

How are you feeling (physically)? Super nauseous and my boobs hurt so bad, and getting worse the last few days.

How are you feeling (mentally/emotionally)? I woke up so with much anxiety this morning.  I have my next appointment on Friday and I'm wondering if he will try to use the doppler to hear the baby and I've run through all of those terrible scenarios a few times.  I'm still spotting (still only brown) just like with my daughter.  I wish it would just end already.  I'm so tired of it and it's definitely adding to my anxiety.  It was gone for a few days along with my nausea and now both are back  :|  over it.  Just want to get to Friday and hopefully hear something, or wait another 2 weeks for a good ultrasound.  

When is your next appointment? This Friday, the 15th

Rants/raves (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here) My boss is such a pain in the ass.  She's a micromanager, but doesn't even understand the specialty piece of my job.  She's not very bright and thinks she's way more important than she is.  I'm mentally checked out because of this pregnancy and looking forward to either quitting, or going part time when I get back from maternity leave.

• @emily1052 I hope your appointment today goes well. 

How far along are you? Any milestones?  8+2 - yesterday was when my mmc stopped growing. It was an ok day overall  

How are you feeling (physically)? Still really nauseous, sore boobs, exhausted 

How are you feeling (mentally/emotionally)?  Trying to keep positive thoughts and not worry too much  

When is your next appointment? Thursday for another u/s and an appointment after. 

Rants/raves (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here) I’m really hoping I can relax more after Thursday- I can’t stop the “if Thursday goes ok then ... “ thoughts. 

• @emily1052 Glad it went well!! I agree with the ultrasounds. That would be nice.  I just ordered a new doppler from the HSA store because I have no idea what happened to my other one.. or the one I had with my son lol Still waiting for it to get here.  Hasn't shipped yet, ugh!

• I didn't have an ultrasound last time until 10 weeks :( I was upset about it, but they assured me I was low risk and that was normal and if I wasn't bleeding or anything I didn't have cause for concern. I'd had blood work, everything seemed ok on paper but I had a sense of dread the whole time and intuitively knew something was wrong. Much more dread than I even have now as a PGAL person!! I switched programs and my new OB is really considerate of my anxiety so that's good. 
  • @cocoliso13 I wish our intuition counted for something when we call the doctor!

• @cocoliso13 how frustrating for you.  I’m so sorry.  I’m glad your new doctor is addressing your anxiety.  ❤️
  • @grogu lovetit for support. ❤️ I hope that the ultrasound goes well tomorrow and it helps alleviate the doom. Sending good vibes and big hugs your way! 
  • @grogu sending you all the good thoughts your way!  ❤️
  • @grogu I hope tomorrow goes well for you.

I am having those same feelings. My H keeps telling me the stop worrying- I have a ton of symptoms and I’m not bleeding but the stress and worry are constantly in the back of my mind. I really hope we both get good news this week and can hopefully breathe a little easier. 💕
  • @grogu Good luck today!  I have the same feeling.  Better to expect the worst and all that.  I hope everything goes well!!

• @grogu so glad to hear your ultrasound went well!! I think August 28th is my due date too :) (although not confirmed yet!)

How far along are you? Any milestones?

7+4. Passed my MC milestone last week. I thought I would be more relieved but I still stop myself from getting too excited.

How are you feeling (physically)?

Pretty awful. My nausea seems to come in waves, mostly when I have an empty stomach. The only thing that sounds really good is carbs at this point and I'm worried as I've already gained a few pounds! I also started experiencing weird stomach cramps the past couple days which obviously makes me a bit anxious. They feel like period cramps, and come on and off for about an hour. I wouldn't really describe them as painful, just very uncomfortable and forces me to lie down until they pass. Has anyone else experienced this?

How are you feeling (mentally/emotionally)?

I'm trying to stay positive as much as I can. Before my MC last time I could definitely sense things weren't right, but this time I have an overall good feeling this are progressing well - I'm hoping this is a good sign. But then part of me is thinking I should be more worried. I'm just all over the place.

When is your next appointment? 

My next ultrasound is scheduled for the 22nd (I'll be almost 9 weeks by then). I wanted to try to move it up, but also part of me is ok with doing it so late because that way I should definitely see/hear something then (vs. potentially having to come back for another ultrasound and dealing with the anxiety in between). My last ultrasound I thought I was 6+2 but from what we saw they determined I was probably closer to 5), so I just want to make sure next time I go in I'll actually be able to see something!

Rants/raves (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)

No rants really! Part of me wishes I wasn't feeling so much like crap, I just really don't feel like myself. But I'm also grateful for having all these symptoms and hoping it's a good sign 🤞

• @avocadotoast30 any chance your stomach pains could be constipation or gas related? Constipation plagues me throughout pregnancy and I find that it causes cramping. It could explain why lying down/stretching out would help.
  • @avocadotoast30 I have had cramping this pregnancy, just as your described.  On and off for a little bit of the day.  Sometimes worse than other days.  All is well here so far.  There's a lot happening down there, and your uterus is making room.  You're bound to feel something, so try not to worry too much if it's no accompanied by bleeding or clots.  Cramping is normal in early pregnancy.  As @pickle-chips said it could also be constipation.  I haven't had that with any of my other pregnancies but this one!

• @pickle-chips @ladyk127 thank you both!! It could definitely just be gas/bloating since I'm also suffering from pregnancy constipation. I'm taking the fact that it's not accompanied by any spotting/bleeding as a positive too. I might still try to move my ultrasound up to early next week just to get some peace of mind and hopefully get to see something 🤞
  • @grogu my edd is 8/28! Yay due date buddies!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq