1st Trimester

8 Weeks Measuring 6 weeks & bleeding.

I started spotting on Sunday. Bleeding Monday and went in and they said I was measuring 6 weeks so I'll have to wait because they couldn't see clearly. Then I went to ER Tuesday to get second opinion & they said ultrasound and HCG levels match at 6w 3d so I go in tomorrow to check HCG levels again but I'm scared its not going to end well.. anybody have this? I am currently still bleeding when I wipe.

Re: 8 Weeks Measuring 6 weeks & bleeding.

• selinarh said:
    I started spotting on Sunday. Bleeding Monday and went in and they said I was measuring 6 weeks so I'll have to wait because they couldn't see clearly. Then I went to ER Tuesday to get second opinion & they said ultrasound and HCG levels match at 6w 3d so I go in tomorrow to check HCG levels again but I'm scared its not going to end well.. anybody have this? I am currently still bleeding when I wipe.
    Im sorry you are going through this,, and it sucks............one thing, though is that The ER is the WORST way to get a second opinion.  They are not OB highly trained/skilled.  If you want a second opinion, and do not trust your doc, find one that you do trust.  

Its quite possible that you have a subchronic hematoma that can cause bleeding.  Your dating could be off, were you religiously temping, charting, OPKs?  

Wishing you the best. 
  • Yeah, I just want to chime in and say ER is worst second opinion EVER.  Please don't trust ANYTHING that they told you in there.  They are not trained OBs and every story I've heard from friends on here going to ER for anything baby/loss related has not been favorable.  I know it's a rough spot to be in and not know if your baby is thriving or dying, but you really have no choice but to just wait; to get your HCG numbers and to watch if they're rising or falling. I recommend finding things to distract yourself and to stay as calm as possible. Stay busy!  And remember that there is nothing you can do to stop a MC from happening, if that's the direction that you're headed in.  To continue to love your baby, as you'll feel comforted knowing you were able to love that baby it's entire existence, regardless of whether it lives to be 6.5 weeks old, 8 weeks old, 20 weeks old, or 3 months old.  Good luck!
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello, what was the outcome of this for you? I’m going though the same thing right now :(