Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What is the number one destination on your travel bucket list (for non-pandemic times)?

Re: Weekly Check-in 1/10

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: August 30/6 + 6

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding Out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A honey bee!

Upcoming appointments: I have my NIPT appointment at 10 + 1, see question below.

How are you feeling?: Okay, maybe a little queasier than last week but still not having a ton of symptoms and still struggling not to stress about that.

Rants/Raves: I just learned from my boss that we are going to be eligible for the vaccine as part of either group 1b or 1c, which is both my rave and my rant. Rave because I wasn’t expecting that and it’s cool to have it available to us, but rant because I don’t know if I should get it due to this pregnancy and we only have like a day to officially decide.

Questions: Two questions! 1) Is there any disadvantage to getting the NIPT done basically right at 10 weeks, like does that decrease the accuracy at all? I’ve read about some people’s doctors wanting them to wait until closer to 12 weeks, but those were forum posts from several years ago and I’m not sure if the technology has changed. 2) Does anyone have any recommended reading to help with deciding about getting the vaccine? I know the CDC says it “shouldn’t be withheld” from pregnant women, and my doctor said I should “consider it,” neither of which are the ringing endorsements I was hoping to hear!

GTKY: What is the number one destination on your travel bucket list (for non-pandemic times)?: We had an amazing trip to Thailand planned for last March, which obviously got cancelled due to the virus and I’m still so sad. So that’s probably #1! No idea when that’s going to be feasible though, since even after COVID is no longer a concern we still have to worry about Zika if we’re wanting to try for another kid anytime soon, ugh.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/5 10w 2d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: chocolate truffle

How are you feeling?: Ok, mostly. Not as tired as I was. Some food aversions and nausea but it's very tolerable. Headaches have been plaguing me. I totally bumped out this week, maternity clothes need to happen.

Rants/Raves: Got to sleep in till 8 today, so that was great. Very happy to have done all my homework yesterday so I can chill today. My colleagues at work asked me to apply for a very senior level position at my company which was very flattering and I'm thinking that over. I feel like they would be mad when I go on mat leave, but it could be a big opportunity, so I'm definitely considering it.

Questions: When did you STM+ start feeling your second babies move? I know it's still a ways away but heard it's a lot sooner. Plus I had an anterior placenta last time so it took even longer. 

GTKY: What is the number one destination on your travel bucket list (for non-pandemic times)? Paris! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    @the_most_happy they warn you there might not be enough fetal DNA at 10 weeks and that’s why some doctors wait till 12.  In most cases 10 weeks is fine and if there isn’t enough they will just do it again. 
    I talked to my OB about it and she said the benefits of getting the vaccine outweighs the risks.  I asked her “would you get it if you were pregnant?” and she said “absolutely, without a doubt”.  

@claireloSC Yay for sleeping in!!  I’m not jealous at all 😭
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/22 8 weeks today!!

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out ASAP

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: raspberry?

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow! (Monday) for a follow up ultrasound to check on growth.  

How are you feeling?: anxious and excited for tomorrow’s appointment.  After feeling better for a few days, nausea hit me hard yesterday!!  Hope today is better.

Rants/Raves: DH and I are trying to buy a house and the market is ridiculous!!  Went and looked at a house last night and the location and lot are perfect.  🤞🏼They accept our offer.

Questions: ??

GTKY: What is the number one destination on your travel bucket list (for non-pandemic times)?  Greece and/or Spain!  

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6+5

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: probably green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: ?

Upcoming appointments: Feb 3

How are you feeling?: I feel like garbage. Random waves of feeling tired and sick. Haven't thrown up but started gagging/dry heaving. Coffee smells like medicine 🤢😭. 

Rants/Raves: just how I'm feeling

Questions: @gingermama29 I had my first shot. Due for my 2nd (pfizer) Tuesday. Essentially everything @claireloSC posted. 

GTKY: What is the number one destination on your travel bucket list (for non-pandemic times)? Oh goodness traveling seems like SO long ago. I've been meaning to make it up to Banff for some time. Australia or NZ too.. 

• Options
    @jaxalia my sil has a Toyota Sequoia. I have been looking at getting one of those or a 4Runner with third row seating. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/28

FTM/STM/STM+: stm

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: team green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a grain of rice?

Upcoming appointments: phone intake tomorrow and first initial appt on thursday

How are you feeling?: Today I've been super nauseous and have felt the need to be sick all day, but haven't thrown up. I feel awful for popping my kid down with a movie, but I just can't do anything else.

Rants/Raves: Rant, I'm stilling nursing my 22 month old. I wouldn't say I have aversions yet, but it's painful from the moment he latches on until after I have a letdown. I remember when I could feel my letdowns, and they had a slight burning sensation until he was almost a year. Now it's back and worse.

Questions: none

GTKY: What is the number one destination on your travel bucket list (for non-pandemic times)? Mexico again? Greece/ Spain/ England....to many to choose one.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7w2d Aug 27

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a raspberry

Upcoming appointments: Wednesday for an ultrasound

How are you feeling?: Like garbage. *Tw* I'd say it's reassuring but I had the same symptoms after baby stopped growing last time. So I just feel like crap 

Rants/Raves: none really. Just want to get to second tri

Questions:

GTKY: What is the number one destination on your travel bucket list (for non-pandemic times)? I'd like to go back to Brazil. It's so beautiful there. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    8 weeks.  My original due date got changed by one day.

FTM/STM/STM+:
    Fourth timer

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
    Finding out.

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
    2x2 lego block.  

Upcoming appointments:
    Friday for a prenatal and scan.

How are you feeling?:
    Really awful.  Heartburn, nausea, I miss feeling like I could have fun with my kiddos.  I'm so tired and sick right now I haven't been able to do much with them.

Rants/Raves:
    Rave: My purple mattress is life right now.  If you need a new mattress, 10/10 recommend.
    Rant: my littlest turns two on Saturday and has been sleeping like crap.  Additionally he's started doing this thing where if you don't respond to what he says immediately, he will raise his register to an ungodly level and yell it over and over again.

Questions:
    Messaging my midwife to get info from her, but does anyone have a list of pregnancy safe heartburn meds?  They were supposed to give me a list last week, but we both forgot.

GTKY: What is the number one destination on your travel bucket list (for non-pandemic times)?
    Art tour through Europe.  Focus on France, Greece, and Italy.  Would also like to spend time in the UK.
  • Options
    @MrsPyrowiz my OB said I can take Prilosec.  Works amazingly!!  Hope you can get some relief. 
  • Options
    Estimated due date: August 6th 10 + 2 

This will be our third child

Team finding out

Feeling: Much better over this weekend. Less fatigue. I'm not sure if that is due to the approaching second trimester, or to the fact that my husband is home on weekends to help with my two older kids. But, either way, I'll take it! Some round ligament pain already, but it is very brief and only when I am rising from sitting to standing.

Appointments: Jan 26 for a phone appointment with the OB. I understand that they are encouraging phone appointments to limit exposure, but I'll sure miss hearing that encouraging heartbeat! I have an NT ultrasound on Feb 1 though, so that should be reassuring. 

Rants/Raves: 
    I'm so thankful that our beaches are open and we're able to get out safely and enjoy the beautiful weather. 

My three and a half year old daughter is totally resistant to potty training. We've tried pretty much everything and it's not working. I know we shouldn't force it, and at this point we don't,but I so want her to be out of diapers before August. 

Questions: Recommendations for a larger (but not tank size) vehicle? We will need something larger than our station wagon when we become a family of 5 plus giant dog. 

GTKY: Greece and Ireland have always been on my travel list for years. 
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9w3d, Aug 12

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding Out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Green Olive

Upcoming appointments: Friday! I’m excited and anxious. I think it might start to feel more real after the appointment 

How are you feeling?: Actually a bit better. I feel like my nausea is less intense and less constant

Rants/Raves: My in-laws who live in a different state did a late Christmas celebration on Saturday because my SIL and her husband were with his family on Christmas. They wanted to do a Zoom call with is. We let them pick the time. They say 6. Okay great. We log on at 6 and wait 45 minutes, my husband and texted twice to ask if they still wanted to do the call and go no response. Two hours later they say oh we decided to watch a movie can we do it now? My husband was pissed and really it takes a lot to make him mad. His family is always like this though. We moved to a new state 4 years ago and they haven’t come out to visit once (we’ve been back several times and when his sister went to college out of state they visited her numerous times). They’re nice enough people but the way they treat my husband is infuriating. 

Questions: n/a

GTKY: What is the number one destination on your travel bucket list (for non-pandemic times)? We were planning a trip to Canada before all this happened. Would still love to make it happen.

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/1 11 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: 1st

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a donut hole

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow is my last RE appointment!

How are you feeling?: Alright. Nausea is hitting at odd times now, but it's not as constant. Mostly I feel fat, which is a struggle for my body image. 

Rants/Raves: I just did my last progesterone shot tonight! I'm relieved and simultaneously nervous to stop. 

Questions: Is it worth it to buy maternity underwear? Or should I just get more of what I like, knowing they'll get stretched out?

GTKY: What is the number one destination on your travel bucket list (for non-pandemic times)

MH "owes" me a beach trip, so really anywhere tropical. I guess St Lucia is pretty high up there if I had to pick one place. 

@MrsPyrowiz My CNM gave me a list and tums was on it. Also, if you're wanting a more natural route, papya enzyme is supposed to work well. 

I second what @coastalmomma3 asked for. I probably want a car upgrade, but I don't like massive suvs. If anyone has a midsized recommendation, I'm all ears!

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/15, 9 weeks.

FTM/STM/STM+: Third time!

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A cherry 

Upcoming appointments: NIPT on the 18th

How are you feeling?: 

Eh. Nauseous. It has calmed down a bit this week, though. I’ve also been having a lot of headaches, and ocular migraines in particular. I haaaaate them!

Rants/Raves:

I go back to work tomorrow. Boo. Also, dealing with LOTS of emotions with DD (just turned 5) since my grandpa passed away two weeks ago. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. She’s breaking my heart!

Questions:

NATM

The UK. London is my favorite city. But I want to explore Scotland!

• Options
    @cyanope I'm a play therapist and my specialty is grief and loss. Feel free to DM me if you want to talk about navigating her grief. 
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/10, ten weeks tomorrow

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: probably finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: strawberry

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow, 1/12

How are you feeling?: up and down, still pretty tired

Rants/Raves: took my first pre-natal yoga class over zoom and ran into someone I know, so it's nice to have a pregnancy buddy!

Questions: not at the moment

GTKY: What is the number one destination on your travel bucket list (for non-pandemic times)? This cold and gray weather makes me want to go back to Oaxaca (once I can drink mezcal again!)

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/26, 7w4d

FTM/STM/STM+: TTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green

Interesting Baby Fact: The little bean is generating about 100 new brain cells each minute. I think they are actually just taking mine, because I feel as though I don't have two brain cells to rub together. 

Upcoming appointments: Not until the end of the month.

How are you feeling?: Very low energy and nauseous all the time. 

Rants/Raves:

Questions: NATM

GTKY: Iceland! 

@shoogapoff I found the maternity underwear that I bought to be worth it. The gusset (aka the crotch) were 100% cotton and a little bit wider which was nice for when things get swollen towards the end of pregnancy. They also provided better coverage and the leg holes were elastic free (I found underwear that had elastic in the leg holes would really dig in around my thighs). I think it's one of those things that you can totally get away with not purchasing, but maybe depends on your current underwear situation? 

@MrsPyrowiz I was also told I could take TUMS for heartburn.

@ClaireloSC this is not really a useful answer, because I cannot remember how many weeks I was, but I did notice BB2 moving a few weeks earlier than my first. I think part of it was that I knew what movement felt like, as with my first it wasn't until I was getting elbowed or kicked in the ribs that I was like " Oh OK, baby is on the move" and then would start to notice the smaller flutters as well.

• Options
    @shoogapoff I upgraded to a Honda CR-V when DD was 6 mo old and downgraded to an HR-V about a year ago. It's only about 10" shorter which is mostly in the trunk, so it still feels roomy without feeling like I was driving a boat. It's definitely a better fit for us. It's also quite a bit cheaper. I got the costco price so I ended up getting the sport model for about 21k brand new and only 1% interest or something like that. Way cheaper than the payment was on my used car.

@cyanope I wrote a piece on talking to kiddos about grief (specifically my J16 baby!) after DD lost multiple people in her life and DW had cancer. I won't share the whole piece but here are some relevant sections - 

When my mother in law went into hospice, I had to explain death to my daughter. A friend whose mother had also passed away from cancer had gifted me Lifetimes, a book about death and the cycles of life for children. I can recall tearfully reading this to my daughter the day after my mother in law went to hospice. It was a helpful framework for how to talk about this part of life. I explained that when people are old or very very sick, they die, but you can still remember them and see them in your dreams. For days after she asked me if her other grandparents would die soon, or if [DW] would die because she was sick. We worked through her fears and discussed each question as it came up. Later that week we flew to California to say goodbye to her Grandma. Although she was mostly out of it, she was aware my daughter was there and they shared some sweet final moments together. My daughter was completely untroubled by the experience, and remembers it fondly. My mother in law, who had barely spoken in two days, came to enough to say “I am released” from seeing her granddaughter. It gave them both the closure that we all crave when we lose someone, and wasn’t scary for my daughter because she understood what was happening and why. 

The best thing to do is prepare your child well before death touches your life. When speaking about death and illness, be honest and avoid euphemisms. Make sure they understand that most people can recover from illness, but that death is a natural part of life. I would suggest several conversations with your child over many days so they understand and can ask questions after they’ve processed the information. Prepare your child for what they may see or hear from their ill family members or at a funeral. Be honest with your child about how you are feeling so they can share their grief with you too, but don’t be surprised if they seem to take things in stride. I noticed my daughter often had her follow up questions many days or weeks later as it sunk in that those that had died were really gone. Overall, the most important thing is to be honest. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7+2

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Berlingot candy  

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow! 

How are you feeling?: mostly like garbage, although the last couple days weren’t so terrible. The nausea and fatigue make me not want to do anything. 

Rants/Raves: it’s a busy week at work so I’m hoping that my blood sugars start to even out. I feel like a crazy person when they drop and I get all sweaty and faint. 

Questions:

GTKY: What is the number one destination on your travel bucket list (for non-pandemic times)? Greece. Although I love any all inclusive beach resort. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @shoogapoff I didn't buy maternity underwear and don't plan to this time either. I did buy comfortable, cheap, bigger underwear with a cotton crotch knowing they would be late pregnancy/ postpartum underwear that could get trashed.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    @shoogapoff, thank you SO much for the offer! I will definitely be reaching out!

@claireloSC, thank you for your insight! I thought we had prepared her well, and I we were VERY open about what was happening. I read a ton of resources and felt ready to tackle the issue. The problem is the manifestation of her grief. At this point, I don’t know what constitutes as “normal” grief, and at what point I should be concerned. Her behavior has been SO out of the ordinary and it is interfering with our day-to-day life. 
  • Options
    claireloSCclaireloSC member
    edited January 2021
    @cyanope If you don't mind sharing, can you tell us a little about what is going on with her? I only have DD to compare to but maybe it will help and @shoogapoff might have some insight to share too. I think grief comes in a lot of shades though, so it's pretty normal to have big feelings. DD still talks about her grandma being gone and being sad about it to this day, more than 2 years later.
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/10 9weeks6days

FTM/STM/STM+: 3rdTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: haven’t decided we’ve always found out (have a boy and a gir) but thinking of being team green this time. 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a grape

Upcoming appointments: this Saturday I have my first midwife appointment.  

How are you feeling?: so nauseated and so tired.  Also, I’m showing so much for almost 10 weeks.  It’s my third but it’s annoying because I haven’t told anyone and I feel like I need to hide from zoom calls and I look like I have a belly even under my coat.  

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:  

I’d love to go to chamonix, fr. One of my best friends lives there with space to stay it seems so beautiful and really fun. This baby probably delayed that a bit longer though, lol.  

• Options
    @claireloSC, I sent a message to @shoogapoff, but essentially, her behavior has evolved into something that I’m a bit concerned about. It started out “normal:” fear of death for herself and for DH and I, extra clingy, getting nervous about any talk that hinted at death, nervous to go to sleep, scared that someone would take her from us. But now, she just fixates on ALL things negative, and doesn’t like anything (even things that normally bring her joy) or anyone (including DH and her little brother) anymore. She has just become so weirdly negative (she’s normally such a happy, positive kid), and her negative thoughts are ALL she talks about. She’s also starting to worry that people don’t like HER. 
    In a word, it has become EXHAUSTING (for both her and DH/me). It’s only been two weeks since he died, but things seem to be getting worse, not better. Although, I will say, she has had a fairly “good” day today (so far). 
  • Options
    @cyanope Poor muffin, I'm so sorry! If it makes you feel better DD had some very similar concerns, such as wondering if DW was going to die after a friend's mom died of cancer. I can understand why the focusing on negative thoughts crosses a line for concern. One thing that we did that helped us is work with a child psychologist (we go to a cancer support group/center that has one on staff) and she gave us some good coping strategies more specific to our kid. But I think as long as you explain to her that you're healthy, there is no cause for concern, this is just part of life but it's a long ways away for you, her, the rest of your family, etc eventually she will move on. Perhaps if there is some positive experiences you can focus on that will make her move on a little easier. I know you probably can't really go anywhere right now, but perhaps something like a 'yes day' ie letting her decide everything you do that day, saying yes to everything or other fun stuff might help her focus on the positives? I don't know your religious beliefs but we have also talked about people living on in our memories, talking to them in our dreams, etc. She really like the concept of Day of the Dead that she saw in the Book of Life movie as well and that made her feel a little less scared of it. I'm sorry it's been so tough.
  • Options
    @claireloSC, great suggestions! 
    We’ve done a lot of the things you mentioned. She’s had TWO “yes” days (one with Daddy and one with Mommy). We are religious and have talked to her about life after death. I have reassured her over and over again that she’s healthy. That we’re healthy. We have been doing positive affirmations to try to replace negative thoughts. She watched “Soul” and we talked about it. Which actually made her fixation with death worse. I will definitely look into calling her ped about getting a referral if things continue to escalate. Thanks again for your words! It’s reassuring to know that other littles have gone through similar emotions. 
  • Options
    @claireloSC thanks so much for all the resources about COVID stuff, this is super helpful!

@emily1052 that's very reassuring to hear your doctor would personally choose to get the vaccine, I wish mine was that blunt about it!

@jaxalia your GTKY answer gave me a laugh because that's exactly how I decide where I want to go on vacation too- based on where I really like the food!

@cyanope so sorry you are dealing with all that! I don't have any advice/experience with childhood grief but it sounds like you are doing everything you can to deal with that situation in a healthy way.