May 2021 Moms

Symptoms Thread 01/09

Re: Symptoms Thread 01/09

• Anybody having major pregnancy brain yet? It has hit me hard the past couple of days. My brain is just not functioning 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Mine is getting pretty bad too. I keep forgetting what I’m doing, and little tasks. Also, when I’m talking, I mix my words up a lot. I really hope I get my brain back after baby, I feel like with each baby it gets a little worse 😬

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • @ckmb_1250 yesss, I didn't realize pregnancy brain was a legit thing. I keep forgetting words, things that happened earlier that day, conversations I had with my hubby, etc....I actually cried the other night and said "what is happening to me?!?" haha
  • @nsk489 @yellingbanana 😂 I absolutely hate the term but it’s so real. I remember in my last pregnancy being at work, asking someone a question, and literally stopping in the middle and saying “wait, I don’t know why I’m talking. “

I had to run some errands this morning and honestly didn’t feel like I should be driving 😂
  • @ckmb_1250 I feel like mine was worse last time, but I definitely have my moments/days. Last pregnancy I felt like my brains were scrambled the entire time and I couldn't keep things straight!

Mostly just my sciatica pain here still. 
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • @ckmb_1250 I feel like with each pregnancy part of my brain migrates down to the baby. I'm really not sure I have anything left at this point.

AFM my breasts are feeling so full and heavy. I hate this symptom, and I was really hoping it would take longer to show up. Why does every symptom show up earlier every pregnancy?! But, in happy news, I think I'm finally starting to feel baby.
  • My hips are in so much pain. I wake up at night needing to switch sides because of shooting pain on whichever side I’m on. I have been trying some prenatal yoga to stretch them out but it’s not helping much. Today I will try using a hot water bottle on both sides to relax the muscles.  
  • @ccmrc143 are you using any type of support pillows? i was having this same type of pain a few weeks back and changing up my pillow game has made all the difference!
  • @asf0613 yes the snoogle plus another pillow for my back just in case I roll onto it! It helps for sure but doesn’t solve the problems. I am going to start exploring other pillow options though that might support the side that’s on the bed!

My new symptom: maybe BH contractions?? My abdomen gets tight at times that are unrelated to constipation or being full from eating. It doesn’t hurt but it’s uncomfortable and causes more labored breathing. I wouldn’t say they feel like contractions but I don’t know what contractions feel like. 
  • If I ever get a slow amniotic fluid leak I'll never know it because the crotch sweat is unbelievable.

• brynn_mamaof4brynn_mamaof4 member
    edited January 2021
    @ccmrc143 In the last several days I have definitely been getting BH contractions as well! I read is normal to start getting them around this time. My whole belly cramps all the way across, it feels like it’s getting tight but my stomach doesn’t actually tighten up like a real contraction. It is very uncomfortable though! 

I am starting to just get a little itchy which is honestly a little new for me this 4th pregnancy. And strangely enough, all of the scars on my body this week suddenly got really inflamed, red, angry and itchy. I have about a 30 inch scar along the side of my butt/hip/side and whoa baby it was angry. The same thing happened with my tattoos. 

I’m assuming it’s because of a change in hormones. I do have an autoimmune disease (RA) so it could be autoimmune related but I typically get a relief while pregnant so idk what the heck that was about lol. 
  • @queen_frostine lol 😆 sorry. Same. Also, my pelvic area is so swollen. Not fun. 

Braxton Hicks started like 2 months ago for me. I get a lot. More with each pregnancy. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• YES! Same! I do get the sharp RLP if I sneeze or cough but this is different. This braxton tightening for a good minute and then it’ll go away.  :D 
    In Toronto, Etobicoke, Thornhill, Scarborough, Vaughan, Markham, Mississauga, North York, and East York, A Date With Baby is unquestionably the finest when it comes to providing high-quality 3D ultrasound offers.