Baby Names

Townes or Nash for a boy

I’m trying to decide between these two names for my baby boy. First I will tell you a little about myself. My last name is Healey. I live in Southern Oklahoma on a Ranch. My husband is a rancher and an outdoorsman.He loves the name Townes. I like it because it’s different but What would family call him. I’m not fond of the nickname towny/townie. As for Nash I really like it, but it’s not quiet as masculine.  Also it’s not as unique. Our families are split with half liking Townes and half Nash so I thought I would come on here and get some feedback. TIA

Re: Townes or Nash for a boy

• I really don't like either one equally! Nashy is as bad as Townie
  • healey021 said:
    I’m trying to decide between these two names for my baby boy. First I will tell you a little about myself. My last name is Healey. I live in Southern Oklahoma on a Ranch. My husband is a rancher and an outdoorsman.He loves the name Townes. I like it because it’s different but What would family call him. I’m not fond of the nickname towny/townie. As for Nash I really like it, but it’s not quiet as masculine.  Also it’s not as unique. Our families are split with half liking Townes and half Nash so I thought I would come on here and get some feedback. TIA
    Honestly, neither. Despite the background info, there are much better names to chose from.
  • Loading the player...
  • Nash is ok. 
    Throw the name Townes in the trash and leave it there. It’s terrible. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Thank you everyone for the kind words. You have given me so much clarity on deciding between the two names!
  • I love them both! They would also sound great together! Townes Nash. I like an initial for short (My Victor is V most of the time)
    Nash is cute too but I think Townes has more character. 
  • I’m assuming you’re pulling inspiration from Townes VanZandt and Nashville (or Crosby, Stills and Nash). I love Townes VZ, but of the 2 I’d go with Nash and I still think there is better country musician inspiration out there.

Gram (Parsons)
    Merle
    Porter
    Waylon
    Hank
    Cash (or Johnny)
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • I don’t understand how Nash would be less masculine? 🤔 Like it isn’t feminine so...?

I’m not a fan of using random surnames as first names if it isn’t part of heritage. Townes reads as more surname-y of the two so my vote would go to Nash. 
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I love very western/masculine/tough boy names and I also have an affinity for unique, but not totally out there, names (unfortunately my husband is very traditional). Townes is pushing the "weird" limit for me but I still kinda like it. Nash is better though. I'd say Nash over Townes.
  • I love Nash and don’t feel like it’s not as masculine. I’m not as fond of Townes
  • Nash is nice
  • Could Nash be the first name and Townes be middle ? Sounds like a cool name
  • @mia8263 the kiddo has been named and is over a year old - I think they know his name by now