June 2021 Moms

TTGP Check-in - 1/7

This check in is for the ladies who actively participated in the Trying to Get Pregnant Board for any length of time.

How far along are you?
Upcoming Appointments?
Cravings/Symptoms?
How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms?
Questions? 

Re: TTGP Check-in - 1/7

• How far along are you? 19w 3d
    Upcoming Appointments? 1/13 A/S and 20 week appointment
    Cravings/Symptoms? loving everything bagels still and food hotter and spicier than I normally like or can stand.
    How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? This week back at work after vacation has been rough! Can't wait for the weekend. I'm doing pretty well. I should probably be working out more, but I got in some prenatal yoga videos a few times this week. Excited to see baby at my appointment next week, but sad DH can't come.
    Questions? NATM
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• _orchid__orchid_ member
    edited January 2021
    @DoubleUp8 can't believe you're already to the AS! Good luck! I also feel sad that DH can't come to anything. 

How far along are you? 15+4
    Upcoming Appointments? Fetal echo in 2 weeks
    Cravings/Symptoms? Currently eating a bagel lol. Also been craving lime juice at night. Insomnia is starting. 
    How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? Doing ok! This pregnancy is much more like with DS1 which is awesome. Ds2's pregnancy was rough lol. Rant: our oven lighter thing died on new years day and dh told me he'd take care of it- either by fixing it or calling someone.... 1/9 still no working oven. 
    Questions? Natm.. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 18 weeks today :) woo hoo. 
    Upcoming Appointments? Jan 18th for my anatomy scan. Eeek so nervous for this test. I want it to all be ok and I will feel much better. FX baby looks good. 
    Cravings/Symptoms? Lately its been Green olives. mmm mmm. I pack them to work and eat them out of the jar. Lol As far as symptoms go just still alot of dizziness and headaches here and there. Some mild growing and stretching pains in my belly. 

How are you doing? Doing good so far.Feeling pretty good most days. Been able to exercise on my treadmill everyday lately and use some lower weights too. Feels good to have the energy. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Rant: Today is my birthday. Nothing like feeling old and pregnant 😆 My husband is taking me out for dinner tonight which will be nice. I look forward to that. I’m sad I can’t have a drink lol 
    I also got my nails done yesterday which feels nice. 

Questions? NATM
  • How far along are you? 15+6

Upcoming Appointments? Wednesday (1/13) for an early anatomy scan

Cravings/Symptoms? Nothing too bad, mostly I'm just crazy thirsty. Normally it's a struggle for me to stay hydrated (I just don't feel thirsty and forget), but lately I've had no problem drinking 3-4L/day. Beyond that just some minor growing/stretching pains.

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? Mostly ok pregnancy-wise, just anxiety about my upcoming appointment. My cat is also driving me nuts with worry (see: prior venting about her poop, pee, and picky eating). I'm probably overreacting, and even if I'm not she is getting older and I knew this would happen someday. At least she's still acting normal, and seems slightly less skinny than before. 
    Random/Rant: A friend of mine is currently pregnant via IVF (about 2 weeks behind me) and is going to be a single mother by choice. She's only shared the news with a few close friends, and several of them have not reacted well. There's the usual "it'll be so hard!" comments (no sh*t, she knows), but one very good friend has told her she's morally opposed to her choice (a baby should be born to a man and a woman, anti-IVF, etc) and another told her she should send her baby to China, or maybe quit her job (she's a single parent, not sure how that's supposed to work). None of these were solicited, they just came out when she told them that she's pregnant and excited. I just feel badly for her, I know it's not a conventional path, but it's one she's thought long and hard about and is truly excited to be a mother. I don't know why it's so hard for people to keep their mouths shut and just be outwardly supportive, even if they don't really understand or agree with it. 

Questions? none right now. 
  • @akoros wow! Those are such horrible things to say to someone. I feel badly for you friend but am very happy for her and her new baby. At least she knows who the supportive friends will be 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @mc0303 I know, right? There's already more than enough commentary for anyone who's pregnant, but some of these my reaction was just flat-out, "wtf is wrong with this person??"
  • @akoros Wow I can't even believe those comments, I guess she knows who her friends are not now. The only not great pregnancy comments I got were people joking about how much DH and I must have been boning during quarantine. Actually we struggled all year with secondary infertility and that isn't how we made this baby at all, but thanks for playing, eyeroll. I've been pretty open about IVF because if anyone wants to say anything negative to me about it, I don't need that person in my life. I think it's great your friend has chosen that path and is bringing a much wanted baby into the world!

How far along are you? 16+3
    Upcoming Appointments? Anatomy scan on 2/3
    Cravings/Symptoms? I've been craving salads lately and I think they are helping me stay regular so win/win, I have no bad symptoms currently, just ongoing fatigue and super weird dreams. 
    How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? Rave: Bachelor tonight! Rant: I woke up with a terrible stiff neck  - @mindyb2019 I know you said you had that too recently, and gah it's the worst, Tylenol is not helping at all. 
    Questions? NATM
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• ...lurking...
    happy birthday @mindyb2019 !!
  • @asf0613 aww thanks friend! 🥰 hope your doing well. 
  • Yes, happy birthday @mindyb2019!
  • @akoros thanks girl! ❤️ 
  • @mindyb2019 happy birthday!!! A dinner out sounds amazing right now!! 

@akoros wow that is really $hi!!y. Your poor friend! That is really terrible. 

@legallykate I am dreading those comments when we eventually announce. I'm going to include our losses in my announcement to try to head some of that off. I hope your neck is better tomorrow! 

@asf0613 hi friend!!
  • @_orchid_ thanks friend. 😘
  • Happy birthday @mindyb2019
    I'm in the hospital with kidney stones so I'll check in when I'm on desktop, I just wanted to pop in quick! 
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @ashaislurking thank you 🥰 oh no! You poor thing. I hope you will feel better and all goes well. 
  • Feel better @ashaislurking

TTGP question: someone there is starting testing I did this summer, and we have a somewhat similar history. Our time in TTGP did not overlap. Would it be weird to PM her? I don't want to overstep, but I know I felt alone a bit having multiple losses after having successful pregnancies. Even my ob told me "I'm not touching your case" when she referred me to the RE. I really don't want to offend or hurt anyone though. What do you think? 
  • @_orchid_ - I don't usually post in here because I wasn't in TTGP this time around, but I know when I first started in TTGP, I would not have minded getting PMed by a "regular", especially one that had a similar story.
  • @_orchid_ Fwiw, with my first pregnancy there was a lurker who reached out to me when I mentioned that we were considering TFMR, as she had a very similar experience a couple of years prior. I found it immensely helpful to talk to someone who really understood what we were going through and was willing to have an honest, open conversation. The other women on the forum were very supportive, but it's still different talking to someone who *really* knows what it's like.
  • @ashaislurking hope you are hanging in--was thinking yesterday i hadnt seen an update from you!
    and hi @_orchid_ ! i know if it were me i would love the connection with someone who may have info/advice to offer.  maybe reply on the post you saw saying you're lurking and you have a similar story to share and that you will PM her so its not completely out of the blue?
  • Thanks for the input @marebear15 @akoros @asf0613! I think I will pm with just a general "hey I went through something similar" and see where it goes from there. 

@asf0613 there is an active poster in the ttcal thread whom I think would take it pretty poorly if I personally posted there, even if it was ygpm. That thread is such a safe place that I wouldn't want to intrude on it if it would make that poster upset. 
  • Happy belated bday @mindyb2019, hope you were able to have some fun! @ashaislurking You poor thing, I hope you feel better soon. @_orchid_ I had some grads PM me about IVF and totally appreciated it, so I think that would be really nice of you. 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• I miss you all! Things have been insane.
    @DoubleUp8 I crave spicy food in pregnancy and people think it's crazy! Glad to see I'm not alone. FX for a good appointment tomorrow!!
    @_orchid_ I'm glad this pregnancy seems to be going smoother than your second!
    @mindyb2019 Your anatomy scan is so soon too! I'm sending you ALL the good vibes!! I hope you enjoyed your birthday dinner!
    @akoros WOO! All the anatomy scans coming up. I can't believe we're already to that point in our pregnancies y'all! I hope your appointment goes well. I definitely feel the anxiety too. Hang in there! Those reactions to your friend's pregnancy have me fuming! I have no words.
    @legallykate Glad your symptoms have let up. I've been having really weird dreams lately too. Hopefully your neck feels better!

How far along are you? 16+3
    Upcoming Appointments? Next Tuesday with MFM! Early anatomy scan and pregnancy monitoring planning/delivery planning. Lots to cover in that appointment!
    Cravings/Symptoms? I'm getting sick again. Don't know if it's because of my hyperemesis or my kidney stone though...
    How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? Rant: Well I was in the hospital from Sunday night until last night because of kidney stones. I'm in a TON of pain still today. On the plus side it's taking my mind off of my general pregnancy worries (because I'm still going to stress until I can see my MFM). I see urology tomorrow morning and I'm just managing pain at home until then. It sucks but I've gotten a kidney stone every time I've been pregnant. Hopefully urology can help me out and I can pass these stones without the need for intervention. Rave: My coursework has been going really well and I've been kicking ass at my practicum site! I have an internship site lined up for fall and winter semesters this year, now I'm just waiting on a call back from the site I'm hoping to get an internship at here this spring!
    Questions? NATM

TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @ashaislurking That's awesome about your internship and coursework! Not so awesome about the kidney stones, hope you're able to pass them soon (and relatively easily)
  • @ashaislurking thanks my friend. Im excited but crazy nervous for the anatomy scan soon. Yes I did enjoy my birthday dinner thank you. It was delish. I had salmon with rice and asparagus and then strawberry cheesecake for dessert lol it was damn good and worth it haha. So sorry your getting sick again and not feeling well. That sucks. I hope you can pass those stones and get some relief. 

@legallykate thank you 😘
  • @ashaislurking glad you are kicking ass at your practicum and that school is going so well! I am so sorry you have been so sick and have kidney stones on top of everything. Hoping everything goes well at the urologist and your appointment next tuesday! Feel better soon!
    ~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• @ashaislurking Ouch! kidney stones sound painful. I hope the urologist is able to help quickly! Yay for kicking butt at studies! 

@mindyb2019 Happy belated birthday! 

@_orchid_ I think you are making the right call to PM. So thoughtful of you to reach out! 
  • @ramzlau thank you 😊 🥰 
  • @ashaislurking ouch! I'm glad you finally have the correct diagnosis, but I'm sorry it's not someone they can really "fix".
    ~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**