August 2021 Moms

Re: UO Thursday 1.7

• Or really, just strong opinions we all can nod our heads at in agreement because it’s actually true but give us all a laugh. 

That would be a very long acronym though. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Zooms with cameras off are super annoying. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @emmylou78 yeah, I agree with that for business meetings. However, I'm in work situations where Zoom involves a ton of lay people and I WISH these folks would turn off their camera. Some stuff I have seen makes me gag- people with their hands down their pants, picking their nose, etc. I think they don't understand that their camera is ON, even if it doesn't show up on their screen as the largest frame.
  • @surrenderdorothy Removable cups are the devil's work.  I don't even understand what the purpose is.  To wash separately? Why?
    @emmylou78 If I had to keep my camera on, I'd be fired for how many times I roll my eyes or make a face at my manager.  I need to get that under control before we're back in person.

I don't like meeting new people.  I live on a cul-de-sac and all of the neighbors are pretty close.  We do big parties in the circle multiple times a year and get together for most big holidays. We all have kids, they're all best friends.  Two people moved out so two new families moved in.  We haven't met yet because of COVID but I'm kind of dreading it and the wife next door never smiles when I've waved to her and I don't want to add anyone unfriendly who we don't like to the street because we have such a nice dynamic.  I'm not shy, I just don't enjoy that weird beginning of new friendships where it's uncomfortable.

• Vegemite is delicious. It's also rich in folate and satisfies my pregnancy salt carving while settling my nausea—basically one of my first trimester essentials! Currently eating Vegemite toast as I type this...
  • @pickle-chips hard disagree!! Our good friends in Aussie land brought some on their last visit and I couldn't even smell it! But hey, cheers to whatever satiates your cravings!
  • @pickle-chips I smelled vegemite once and that was enough for me. 
  • @surrenderdorothy I lived in Australia for much of my youth and my Mum is a Kiwi. She worked for Kraft (makers of Vegemite) as a young, single lady before she met my Dad. So I was raised on Vegemite. An acquired taste for most. 
  • That’s so cool @pickle-chips! I can see why you love it. Australia and NZ are on my travel bucket list. 
  • That's so interesting @pickle-chips! And honestly awesome to have a craving for something that has some real health benefits, haha. 
  • That's so interesting @pickle-chips! And honestly awesome to have a craving for something that has some real health benefits, haha. 
    I was thinking the same. Haha. I wish my cravings were for things other than junk food.  :D
  • Oh! Haha. Don't worry. I just polished off a McChicken meal (large fries, oh yeah). :D
  • @pickle-chips don't feel bad. Evidently I'm a hobbit and eat first and second lunch daily. Lol

• @surrenderdorothy oh man I need 2nd breakfast and 2nd lunch!