September 2021 Moms

The Great Big Questions Thread

Hi all, let's keep all our general questions in one place. That way you can look back in this thread to see if your question has already been asked/answered instead of trying to search back in weekly threads that may get lost.

@BumpAdmin please sticky this thread!

Re: The Great Big Questions Thread

• @demimondaine I plan to test for awhile. Just for peace of mind though. Last cycle my tests darkened until 12DPO and then started getting lighter and ended in a CP. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @demimondaine testing makes me so anxious every time! I tested on Wednesday and again today, but I think I’m done. I’m getting betas done on Monday so I feel like it’s just not worth the anxiety of waiting for the line to pop up.
  • ageaagea member
    edited January 2021
    I have a line of at least 15 tests on the bathroom counter. Today would be 8 days since first positive... at first I was taking one or two a day bc they were light to start, now I’m skipping a day or two and throwing one in when I feel like it. I did have betas done already and am 17 DPO but they’re kind of like a safety blanket. You do you.

I’m also nervous this time bc I’ve been spotting since 6dpo and my OB is concerned it’s possibly  ectopic. Hopefully not but still tbd.
  • I tested about 11 times. After I got confrimation from my doctor about my levels rising like they should be I chilled out a bit. My FH would always walk in the bathroom and be like "Babe, I think you're knocked up you can stop testing now."  lol
  • @agea I’m livin that same story over here too. It’s been 16 days since I first tested positive and I have tested every single morning since the first positive. I bought a pack of 50 tests and they are like a security blanket to me. Mostly because my doc also doesn’t want to do betas or see me at all until 8 weeks. I’ve gotten to the point where the pregnancy line pops up and darkens immediately - even before the control line - so I keep saying I will stop testing, but the anxiety persists over me lol. 

I noted from the intros thread that several of us are STM+ so I have an unrelated question.... is anyone noticing a growing belly already? I know this is a thing, but it still shocked me to see a belly forming already and I’m not even quite 6weeks along yet. I remember the bloat, but this is something entirely more distinctive. 
  • I have 2 more $ tree tests and a Clearblue, so I'll be testing with those over the next few days just to make sure they get darker. Today was my first BFP and the line tests were still pretty light, so I'll feel better if each one is markedly darker. I might just do 1 test every other day to make sure there's plenty of time to make them darker. 

@JustAnotherUsername16 My belly is just bloat so far, but I just found out today! Also, my son is almost 6, so I wonder if my body has forgotten the pregnancy stuff. I'll be interested to see how this first tri pans out. I don't think I was showing until like 18 weeks last time around!
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 It’s bloat. Your uterus doesn’t come up over the pelvis until 12 weeks. The bloat just gets worse with every pregnancy. I’m not bloated yet but I’m expecting it any day. Once it arrives I’m going to need to wear maternity pants or keep my regular pants unbuttoned because it will be so bad that I won’t be comfortable at all with them closed. Especially when sitting. 
  • I had gained about 30 lb since mid September (thanks paxil!) So I'm totally embracing the belly now  :D 
  • Yesterday was the first time I didn't test in 11 days, but of course I tested again this morning. I have 3 more in the cabinet and then I think I will be done.  As far as showing...I'm a bigger girl so I won't actually look like I'm pregnant until probably at least 20 weeks.

Pregnancy Ticker

• I test almost every day. I know it’s silly, but it’s reassuring for me to see the progressive and just to reaffirm that this isn’t a dream
  • @cassafrass123 I am not testing anymore, but I have all the tests I've done lined up in the bathroom so I can keep looking at them to also affirm that this is indeed real haha. It feels like it hasn't kicked in quite yet that it's actually happening! Especially with my first appointment not being until Feb!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I guess I'm the outlier-- I only tested once, and then once more on the day that I had some spotting! Definitely agree with @akwr that it doesn't feel real yet. 
  • 13DPO today, and I took another test, it's definitely darker, hooray!
  • @Aerialmrs That’s great! It’s always a relief to see that line progressing. I haven’t stopped testing. I have been taking 3 different brands every morning. The lines are so much dark which makes me feel so good. I have 1 FRER left and I may try to hold out another week to take that one. I would like to see a dye stealer. 
  • I'd like to join a facebook group for September 2021 moms, but I'm scared that it'll show up publicly... does anyone know FOR SURE if my membership would be public or hidden if I join a private fb group?
  • edited January 2021
    @Aerialmrs Usually those are named in a way that if anyone were to look at it they would have no idea that it was a pregnancy group. Once they fill up they usually switch them to secret. I joined one a few days ago. 

Edit:spelling
  • @Aerialmrs I'm pretty sure there are profile privacy settings that allow you to say you don't want anyone to be able to see the groups you are in. I have mine set that way.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Aerialmrs all my fb groups originated from The Knot or The Bump but they are both secret groups and named something random
  • Is there a Sept 21 bump group? How do I find these randomly named groups?
  • @aerialmrs This group will eventually be the September FB bump group. We will migrate over after awhile. Usually closer to time that the babies are born. For the other ones you typically hear word of mouth. I can PM you. 
  • Is anyone else on progesterone suppositories? Last night was my second time taking them and I woke from a dead sleep so nausea I ran to the bathroom. Once my feet hit the cold tile and my body started cooling down it passed. If you’re taking it, is it making you super nauseous? I’m trying to gauge how much is name just being nauseous vs brought on by the suppositories. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 I’m on progesterone too, but it doesn’t make me nauseous! 
  • @runningoncookies I took it with my last full term pregnancy but a lower dose (I’m on 200mg and I was only on 100mg with the other pregnancy) and it didn’t make me feel nauseous then. I’m not even sure if what I’m taking now is even considered a large dose or super small. The only reason I’m taking it is because I had some spotting and as a precaution for SCH. I’m not sure if they typically prescribe a larger dose and my dose is so small it wouldn’t add to my symptoms at all. 
  • CentralmnmomCentralmnmom member
    edited January 2021
    @Aerialmrs it depends on the settings of the group.  If it is a private or secret group then no it won't show up on your page.  My Feb 16 group is a secret fb group so you can even search for it

@emeraldcity1214 I'm on progesterone suppositories and injections and it hasn't made me nauseous.  I believe it can be a side effect it's just not one I have.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @emeraldcity1214 I'm on the same dosage! I started my progesterone 2 nights ago. Boobs seem to hurt worse and bloating was BAD yesterday. Hoping that doesn't become my new normal, it was uncomfy to say the least.

Speaking of progesterone suppositories, my OB warned me that there was 1 brand that thought it was smart to use a RED coated pill! Luckily I did not end up with that one. The discharge is bad enough, I couldn't imagine having to deal with it being slightly reddish colored!
  • @cheers28 mine are white coated. Red would have me terrified. 
  • Oh I hope progesterone doesn't make me nauseous! I was already so nauseous with my first pregnancy. But I am pretty sure my doctor mentioned in the past that they would likely have me on progesterone because of my last preterm birth. But I haven't been to my provider yet.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cheers28 I had a friend in the red coated ones which I always thought was a horrible idea for this type of medication 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @emeraldcity1214 I’m on 200mg too (morning and night). I think your body does eventually adjust to the dosage...I have taken it after O for probably 6 months, and when I switched to taking it just at night to taking it twice a day I had the worst side effects. But it’s been better since, and I’m actually surprised that it’s only slightly worse than usual now given all the extra hormones in my body haha

@cheers28 red coated suppositories were clearly created by a man 😂 thank god that’s not what I have id be freakin our all day every day!
  • @emeraldcity1214 I am on 100 mg of progesterone (50 2x a day) and no side effects. I have been on them since O but I think mine is a pretty small dose. 

Anyone continuing to work out? I know they say that you can continue any exercise you were doing before but I have only been working out consistently for about a month. We just got a peloton and I really want to continue using it but I'm a bit nervous. I know I can just take it easier but they get you so hyped up it's hard to hold back  :D 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @krash_ I have a job that is active, so I'm continuing like normal! I haven't had any worries yet over safety, but I also haven't had any tough days yet since getting KU.
  • @krash_ I’ve dialed it back a tiny bit, but I’m still doing weightlifting and/or yoga around 5 times a week. I’ve stopped doing any cardio but just because my boobs hurt when I jump or run lol
  • What do you guys know about progesterone? My progesterone has dipped from 22 to 18 to now 11.8. I spoke to my doc, she seemed totally unconcerned as I’m above 10. I asked the question multiple ways and she was fine with it. And has previously told me that levels fluctuate throughout the day. But really it seems like mine are just dropping.
    I see so many pg people on progesterone for levels in the teens..... are they taking it out of an abundance of caution or is my doc too relaxed?
    I could only find one progesterone reading from previous pregnancies and it was 22.
    I don’t know what to think.
  • @krash_ I used to continue my workout without changing them until I got a SCH. I had never had one before with my previous pregnancies and I’m pretty sure the intense aerobic classes I was taking made it grow bigger. So now I don’t do any jumping or intensity training. I did some floor work yesterday and felt like I overdid by the end of the day. If I don’t have a SCH at my 6 week US I plan to start doing a little more with my workouts. 

@agea I’m only on progesterone because of my history with SCH. It’s suppose to help them heal faster. I also had a tiny bit of spotting the other day. *TW The start of this cycle was a CP so they also gave it to me just for peace of mind. It can’t hurt and even if it isn’t actually helping, it makes me feel less stressed and anxious because it feels like I’m doing something. 
  • @krash_ I’ve been really bad about consistently exercising this fall/winter. When I found out I was pregnant I was like need to get back to being more active. I have started off nice and slow with some easy yoga to get my body moving again and will be adding in more aerobic/toning exercises as I go. I love searching for prenatal geared workouts on YouTube. I definitely won’t be doing any weight lifting or major cardio since I haven’t been at that level in a while. I think the most important thing is to listen to your body and go easier when needed. 

• @krash_ I haven't been working out lately.  I've been in a lot of pain/uncomfortable the past week between my endometriosis flare and my swollen ovaries from my fresh IVF transfer. Hoping I can ease back into something soon.

@agea I'm only on progesterone because of the IVF treatment.  I know progesterone can fluctuate during the day depending on when you took your last dose to when the sample was drawn.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Last pregnancy I kept working out like normal, though it was a bit less than it is now. It was maybe a few times a week last time, but now I generally workout 20-30 minutes every day. A mix of yoga, pilates, HIIT, lifting. I'm still doing the same things. Until the bump gets in the way or balance/falling becomes an issue (or I get too sick!), I'll probably just keep doing what I've been doing.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @krash_ I’m still working out! I got my peloton two days after thanksgiving and haven’t missed a day! I think the bike is awesome especially for prenatal workouts! I plan on doing Robin’s most recent 90s ride tomorrow. My leaderboard name is SpayAndSlay - let’s be friends!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @krash_ still working out here. I stopped for a few weeks around Christmas because all of my free time was filled with crafting or wrapping. I’ve dialled back my workouts (usually running 3-6mi/day, now I’m maxing out at 3). I’ve always been told as long as you’re not overdoing it and you’re listening to your body then it’s absolutely ok to continue with a routine.