1st Trimester

Twins??

Hey mamas! Does anyone here have or is pregnant with twins? There are twins on my husband’s side of the family and my sister has twins. I have one son but my pregnancy this time around (I know that every pregnancy and every baby is different) has been very different. Just a week after finding out that I was pregnant my insatiable appetite began. With my son, my appetite never increased. I am also peeing all the time. That never happened with my son, not even when I was 9 months pregnant. I am definitely more tired this time around too. I cannot compare my pregnancies to any of my sister’s pregnancies, twins or not, because she had terrible morning sickness with all of her kids and I haven’t had any, with either or my pregnancies. I am a military wife and because of the holidays and the time that it takes to send and receive a referral, I won’t see a doctor for another couple of weeks so I was hoping somewhere here could share some of their experiences with me. Thank you! 

Re: Twins??

• Hey mamas! Does anyone here have or is pregnant with twins? There are twins on my husband’s side of the family and my sister has twins. I have one son but my pregnancy this time around (I know that every pregnancy and every baby is different) has been very different. Just a week after finding out that I was pregnant my insatiable appetite began. With my son, my appetite never increased. I am also peeing all the time. That never happened with my son, not even when I was 9 months pregnant. I am definitely more tired this time around too. I cannot compare my pregnancies to any of my sister’s pregnancies, twins or not, because she had terrible morning sickness with all of her kids and I haven’t had any, with either or my pregnancies. I am a military wife and because of the holidays and the time that it takes to send and receive a referral, I won’t see a doctor for another couple of weeks so I was hoping somewhere here could share some of their experiences with me. Thank you! 
    Unfortunately an ultrasound is the only way to know. Also, twins on your husband’s side doesn’t matter for you and depending on the type of twins (fraternal can be hereditary, identical are spontaneous) your sister’s twins might not mean anything for you either. Good luck.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Every pregnancy is different. With my first I didn’t want to eat at all and lost 15 pounds. With my second and third I wanted all the carbs. 
    The only way to tell is ultrasound. Please don’t get your hopes up(or majorly freak yourself out) before having an ultrasound. 
  • Loading the player...
  • edited January 2021
    I had twins. But I also transferred two embryos via IVF so I was well aware of the possibility/probability that I conceived two. The biggest telltale for me was when I was walking up the slight incline on my way to work (which normally is no problem for me) I found myself winded easily and had to stop halfway through to catch my breath. I was maybe 10 days past transfer so 20 DPO? It was super early but I felt it already. I also didn't have morning sickness with my first but had it with my twins (mild but still there). It was confirmed on ultrasound 3 weeks later. You won't know until you see your ultrasound either but figured I'd share my experiences.
    Be careful what you wish for though. 3rd trimester was wicked rough (your belly grows exponentially those final weeks and you feel it in every cell of your body) and raising twin toddlers is really fucking hard.
    ETA: the frequent urination thing could be chalked up to the changes in your uterus after your first pregnancy.
  • I had twins and the symptoms between them and my first pregnancy (singleton) were basically the same. The only thing that was different were my progesterone levels were much higher. Normally through my pregnancies, I had 12-18 progesterone levels (normal range). With my twins (identical), the first blood draw they were over 50!! I was not surprised at my first ultrasound when the Dr. gave me the news. This time, I did IVF (now that I am older) and put in two embryos. I have my first ultrasound next Friday to find out if one or both made it but my progesterone this time is only 20-25 even though my HCG beta numbers are a bit high. I feel generally the same as my other pregnancies. Not much in symptoms. I think that is just my genetics. 
    Me: 45yo, DH: 47yo
    3 Daughters (singleton @27yo, ID  Di/Di Twins @34yo)
    Protein S Deficiency (Blood Clotting Disorder), MTHFR & VIT D issue 
    5 MC's:  Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks;  Natural MC @ 7wks; Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks; MC boy-D&C @ 9wks & Chem PG in 2019
    Tubes were tied after my Twins (and now I am old). Remarried and want to give my DH a baby!

IVF#1 OE June 2019 - ER 6/15/19, 24R, 21M, 20F, 7 6DBlasts Frozen for PGS Testing,
    RESULTS of PGS 4 abnormal girls,  2 abnormal boys, 1 indeterminate girl
    FET#1 OE August 23, 2019 (transferring 1 indeterminate girl & 1 abnormal boy) - BFN
    IVF#2 November 15, 2019 - ER 9R, 9M, 6F, 2 5dBlasts (fresh transfer) and 1 6DBlast frozen for PGS Testing,
    FRESH Transfer: November 20, 2019, 2 5-day blasts transferred!! 
    BFP 8dp5dt on 11/27 - 12/2 on FRER, BETA #1 12/2 - 11.93. BETA #2 12/4: 4.41 ~CHEMICAL PG
    ******************Starting Donor Process
    June 2020: Egg Donor Cycle and Fresh Transfer of 1 embryo in Czech Republic - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID19
    October 2020.  Split Cycle at UFC with a friend (Andrea) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague too  
    DE Retrieval 9/26/2020, 26R, 24M, 12 split Cycle, 9 Fertilized + 1 "questionable", PRAYING FOR AT LEAST 5 BLASTS
    10/1/2020: 4 5DBlasts (AA, BB, BC, BC), 10/2/2020: 3 6DBlasts (BB, BB, BC) FOR A TOTAL OF: 7 BLASTS!! THANK YOU GOD!!
    PGS RESULTS: 5 NORMALS! DAY 5: AA BOY, BB GIRL, BC BOY / DAY 6: BB GIRL, BC GIRL
    DE FET October 29, 2020 - CANCELED DUE TO FLUID IN LINING
    DE FET November 16th, 2020 (transferring an PGS normal Hatching AA Boy)