August 2021 Moms

Health and Fitness Check-in 1/3

This thread is for everyone who is trying to maintain some sort of fitness level or healthy eating lifestyle this pregnancy. No matter how big or small your goals please feel free to jump in!

How far along are you?

What are your long term goals?

What are you goals for this week? 

How are you doing so far with your goals? (Feel free to AW or vent here!)

Any obstacles?

Questions?

Re: Health and Fitness Check-in 1/3

• How far along are you?
    7 weeks tomorrow.

What are your long term goals?
    Have a healthy pregnancy.

To do literally anything.

I managed to actually work out yesterday.  I wants to curl up in a ball and cry after because I was so tired, but I'm glad I did it.

Any obstacles?
    Relatively constant low blood sugar from lack of ability to eat/keep food down.

Questions?
    No
  • How far along are you? 8 weeks

What are your long term goals? I was on track to run my first half marathon in the summer but that will likely wait now. I was to keep running along as I can and keep lifting to maintain strengh.

What are you goals for this week? I really need miles behind be so I am hoping to get out at least one time (but as many as I can get) if the weather breaks for a three and a half mile. Also hoping to lift at least three times this week.

How are you doing so far with your goals? (Feel free to AW or vent here!) I am really trying to come to terms with either not running the half or running it in the early summer and hopefully I'll be able to even do it... I was really excited and I'm having a hard time reframing my goals there.

Any obstacles? Two kids makes it hard to get out consistently. And the weather sucks here in northern ohio. I used to run after bedtime but it's too cold/wet/dark lately to do so.

Questions? Are any of you ladies having round ligament pain yet? I have a little when I twist too fast, I am worried that will only get worse with time!
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 6w

What are your long term goals? Continue to stay in shape and workout throughout the pregnancy

Work out at least 4 times this week.
    Hydrate more

Managed to do a cycle class yesterday on the app. Trying to drink more water, but peeing every 15 minutes (literally) is not conducive to getting work done.

Any obstacles?
    Just starting to feel more tired and sluggish.

Questions?
  • How far along are you? 6+6
    What are your long term goals? To stay active throughout this pregnancy.
    What are you goals for this week? Get back to drinking 2.5 litres of water. I have also started a 4 week core and pelvic floor fitness challenge.
    How are you doing so far with your goals? I actually find it much easier to drink water when I am working, since getting up to get a glass of water is an excuse to step away from my computer (@bmo88 definitely not conducive to productivity hah!). I hit the first two workouts of the fitness challenge despite feeling like a giant pile of goo and trying to bargain with myself to get out of exercising. I also followed both workouts with a yoga restore class.
    Any obstacles? Nausea and exhaustion. I have a few friends who are also doing the fitness challenge, so the accountability has been hugely helpful.
    Questions? NATM
    @khenry12 sorry about the RLP! 
    @MrsPyrowiz I'm sorry you're having such a hard time keeping food down. I hope the week has improved a bit for you!