June 2021 Moms
Options

STM+ Check-in 12/28

How far along are you?

How many kids do you already have? Ages?

Rants/Raves:

GTKY: New Years plans?

Re: STM+ Check-in 12/28

• Options

How far along are you? 14 weeks and ? Days. I’m horrible at keeping track 

How many kids do you already have? 3 Ages? 5,4,1

Rants/Raves: rant:  I’m still nauseas/puking and now I am constipated on top of that 😭

Rave:  it’s a short work week for DH. Who works long hours so looking forward to more time with him with another long weekend

GTKY: New Years plans? We are going to try to start the organization of the house to get ready for baby 4. The toys in this house need organized badly! 
  • Options
    @dogmom5 Im sorry you’re still so sick! I vomit probably 1-2 times every other day, which I can live with lol. Constipation is the worst! No advice besides drink a ton of water. 

How far along are you? 14 weeks today

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 14 month old DS

Rants/Raves: 

Rave: I’ve been feeling better lately! Less nausea and more energy. 

Rant: My LO has been such a handful and I hear it’s only going to get worse 😭

I want to deep clean my house. It’s been so gross lately with my LO spilling food and milk everywhere 🙈 MH and I usually watch Star Wars and do a jigsaw puzzle on NYE. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 13+5

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DD is 5 & DS will be 3 in February.

Rants/Raves: Super excited because we got our NIPT results back today and everything came back negative. We also found out that our tiebreaker is a boy! We’re doing a reveal tonight for the kids and my parents.

GTKY: New Years plans? Not anything really. We’re homebodies (even before Covid, lol). We would rather just stay home in our pjs anyway! The past few years we’ve ordered takeout from one of our favorite local restaurants so we'll probably just do that and hang out at home.
    Anniversary
    TTC #1 Since April 2014
    Me: 27 | DH: 31
    08/2006 - Laparoscopy/Stage 1 Endo
    10/2014 - Bloodwork normal, HSG all clear
    10/2014 - DH's SA 15mil/mL, 35% motility, 6% morphology
    BFP #1: 12/29/14 | EDD: 9/9/15

• Options
    @mc0303 it gets harder but also easier with the 1-2 year old age. I feel like the hardest part for me is they are trying to learn more things but they don’t understand no yet. It gets easier where they can tell you more what they want when they talk more. I will have 2 sets of kids 20 months apart so I’m prepping for the 2 under 2 again 
  • Options
    @dogmom5 yes! It is so frustrating not knowing what they want. I feel like my LO just does not care about NO lol. Mine will be 20ish months apart too! I don’t know what I’m in for. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 15+1

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 2; 4yo & 10yo

Rants/Raves: annoyed with hubs today... and nausea after I eat anything is back 😭

GTKY: New Years plans? Nothing. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 13w3d

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 1 - almost 16 months 

Rants/Raves: NIPT results came in and everything was perfect! My Jan 5 u/s isn’t canceled so I’ll get to see baby! My kiddo has been great and happy all week and it’s so nice. I have lots of home organization I’d like to get done this week so I hope it happens! 

GTKY: New Years plans? No clue. Maybe make a meal, maybe order in something. I’ll look into it today. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    How far along are you? 16+4

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DD that is almost 3! 

Rants/Raves: Raves: we traveled to family for the holidays. I am glad we did the trip. Rants: it is not much of a vacation because I am realizing being away from home and trying to juggle work, entertaining 2 year old and family visits is exhausting. 

GTKY: New Years plans?  I think we are going to hang out with family and do board games and watch movies. 

@mc0303 I think every age has its hard things and easy things. I am loving the almost 3 stage because she is becoming so independent that I have hope I can juggle both kids. But big emotions do take more time to work through. 

@hollyk224 Yay for healthy baby and Hope you had fun with the reveal! 

@dogmom5 Oatmeal with ground up flax seed has helped the most with my constipation, especially if I eat it daily. And as much water as I can stand. 

@halfanewt I love home improvement projects! Post pics when he gets it done! 

@angelz429 I hate that the nausea keeps coming back! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 17+2
    How many kids do you already have? Ages? DS is 4

Rants/Raves: not feeling much. Happy that end of the year is here but also this is the busiest time of year at work so it's stressful. I look forward to the second week of January for the calm again. 

GTKY: New Years plans? Yes, stay home. I'm weirdly freaking out lately of covid more than usual. I'm not sure what has gotten into me. I want to stay away from people as much as possible. 

@angelz429 I hope this stage passes for you. I have been a few days out from feeling okay after eating. I hope the nausea does not come back. 

@halfanewt good luck with all the home improvements. I hope the timeline moves for you so that you are not living in a mess too long. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 17+6

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 1 - 2 yo

Rants/Raves: our employee health nurse resigned and our medical director was getting overwhelmed with calls and questions so I was temporarily moved to employee health. I am not a nurse and I am not clinical in any way so I am literally just answering the phones. I am still expected to complete my regular job, plus the other duties I have taken on with COVID and this. I am so grateful my VP sees that I can step in to various roles, but wow it’s a lot. And I swear everyone decides to call at the exact same time to see about being tested for COVID. Luckily, I won’t have to do anything with those people aside from answer their questions by phone. 

GTKY: New Years plans? We don’t usually do anything big. I think this year we will just have snacky food and relax just the three of us. DD has pneumonia so we need to be extra careful for to not be exposed to covid right now. 
  • Options
    @mc0303 My two are 22 months apart. It’s a ride for certain but I found 1-2 much easier than 0-1. DS2 is almost 2 now and I can tell that no matter how hard it was, it is absolutely worth it. My kids authentically play together. Big brother never plays with Little Bro like “I’m playing with the baby” it’s just, “this is my friend who I play with”. I think when DS2 starts talking and understanding more they will really be the best of friends. So don’t let anyone scare you. The first year is rough anyways, it gets better and the end result is something really special. 

How far along are you? 15 weeks 

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 2; 3.5 & almost 2 

Rants/Raves: I wish we had a house elf. I need help getting the house picked up and Christmas put away. I’m completely exhausted and it’s just a huge struggle. 

Rave: Yesterday i cleaned up my bedroom and this morning DH and I tackled the playroom. We rotate toys and there was way too much out. We put away a ton of stuff so it’s much more manageable now. 

GTKY: New Years plans? Usually we go out to eat around NYE not on the day because of prix fixe menus and surge pricing of sitters. We have a little notebook we fill out each year with important events and goals for the next year. It’s fun to look back at what we wrote down. This year we are going to sous vide a steak and order sides from our favorite steakhouse. Probably will give the kids fast food so there’s zero clean up with their dinner and we can just enjoy an evening. Maybe we’ll play a game? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @DoubleUp8 I am so jealous of your organization. I tried to do some cleaning yesterday and it is just so impossible with the 3 kids home with me making a mess as I try to clean 
  • Options
    @Omie_Wise Your NYE dinner plans sound great!

How far along are you? 17+3

How many kids do you already have? Ages? A 3 year old girl

Rants: None right now.

Raves: I start my new job next Mon so I am trying to pull out baby stuff to go through what will work and what won’t this week.  Also, need drop things off at Goodwill this week.

GTKY: New Years plans? Won’t be doing anything, my husband works and I have no energy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@dogmom5 I need to start organizing too, baby boy’s closet is currently filled with all DD’s old stuff, including like 10 space bags of her newborn – 3T clothes, I went so overboard as a FTM and now have to figure out wtf to do with all of it. Hopefully some of it is gender neutral and/or DH is cool with baby boy wearing pink stuff (screw gender constructs lol).

@mc0303 Agree with the PP who have said it doesn’t just get worse, it gets worse in some ways but better in other ways as they are able to do and say more. DD is more demanding of my time and energy but this morning when I went in to her room she said “I love you” totally unprompted for the first time and stuff like that makes it all seem easier :)

@hollyk224: Yay for negative NIPT and baby boy, hope the reveal went well!

@halfanewt Yay for new floors, hopefully they will be done soon so you can enjoy and be done living through the reno. Jealous of your winter break!

@AKuzReve Yay for great NIPT and happy kiddo!

@ramzlau That’s so nice you got to see family, but agree that traveling with a kid is just a trip and not a vacation, haha.

@tilournextadvanture I am team #stayawayfrompeople too, the Covid spikes are so scary and I just want to hibernate until June when it’s time for these babies to come.

@DoubleUp8 I’m impressed you made it so long in normal clothes, I busted out my mat clothes at like 8 weeks lol.

@sugarcoateddonut Boo to having to work this week, I am WFH and even that is annoying lol. Add me to the not making it to midnight team haha.

@klj0228 Taking on all that work sounds intense, I def hope you are getting credit for doing extra! Hope your DD gets better ASAP!

@Omie_Wise I need a house elf too (or I always joke that I need a sister wife to be a SAHM and do all the housekeeping). I want to hear more about your toy rotation, DD has so much crap and plays with like 1/10 of it.

@mrsrundmc GL with the new job, very exciting!

How far along are you? 14+4

How many kids do you already have? Ages? Almost 2.5 year old DD

Rants/Raves: I’m annoyed with myself that I am having to work this week because I was a big procrastinator earlier in the month, but I am hoping if I am productive tomorrow I can have another 4 day weekend at least. The holidays (we celebrate both Hanukkah and Christmas) were so fun this year with DD, but now she keeps asking for candles and presents every night and it makes me sad they are over!

GTKY: New Years plans? We are going to order in a nice dinner for after DD goes to bed, drink some nonalcoholic champagne, and probably watch Ryan Seacrest and try to stay up for the east coast ball drop (we are in central).

*TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    How far along are you? 17+6

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 2 kiddos. 4 and 2 

Rants/Raves: what an amazing week it’s been. We’ve had so much time with the kids and I’m just so relaxed  I wish I wasn’t going back to work next week  

GTKY: New Years plans? NYE we have plans with a few other couple friends who have kids the same age. We’re all getting together mid afternoon through the evening and ordering pizza and doing fireworks and all home in time for kids bedtimes. Then hubby and I will likely watch some tv and have snacks and be asleep before midnight. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 16 weeks 4 days

How many kids do you already have? Ages? One son who is 4!

Rants/Raves:

Rant- I'm tired all the time. Waiting for that second trimester energy everyone talks about ollol!

Raves- brought out the snoogle and I'm sleeping much better

GTKY: New Years plans
    Just some light bites and appetizers at my mom's ( we live across the hall lol!) I'm excited for buffalo dip
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 15&6

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 3 kiddos- 9,7, and almost 4 

Rants/Raves: my body has progressed to 2nd & 3rd trimester symptoms (RLP, sciatica, SPD) without relinquishing the 1st tri crap and I’m so over it! I also had a yeast infection that presented strangely - no itching or smell but a tonnnn of discharge (to the point I swear I had PPROM) and cramps. I had a diflucan yesterday and those symptoms have totally gone down and I’m so relieved! 

GTKY: New Years plans? Board games and video games with my family- that’s it. Usually we do a game and charcuterie night with my best friends, but that’s obviously out for the benefit of social distancing. I’ve been really emotional about the social distancing lately. I’m very passionate about adhering to maximum precaution and it gets harder and harder, especially at the holidays when we’re hunkered down and I see pics of people seeing friends and family all over the place.
    Married <3 August 2010
    DD1  <3 August 2011
    DD2 <3 August 2013
    DD3 <3 February 2017
  • Options
    I can tag now! 

@disgruntled_pelican, NOOOO, that's the worst. I am DREADING those as I had it so bad with my 1st pregnancy. Being active helped and I am not even at all active these days with covid and rain. Also, I understand. The pictures and stories are killing me of people doing whatever the F they want while I sit in my house alone .

@legallykate , FX for being productive so you can have a nice, relaxing long weekend .

@mrsrundmc, good luck with the new job! 

@Omie_Wise, I did toy rotation yesterday too and it's so much better. The clutter was driving me insane. A house elf would be SO great. Thank you for sharing your story about your kids and the age gap. Mine will be just under 22 months apart and these stories make me so happy. I know it'll be challenging but I'm also excited to see their relationship. 

@klj0228, that is a lot and that really sucks. I hope your load lessens for you! 

@DoubleUp8 , that would make me hesitant too to order food when so many places are closing because of COVID. Eek. 

@hollyk224 , yay for good NIPT results and a boy! How exciting! I get a bit of FOMO every time someone finds out and then have to reaffirm my resolve to stay team green. Haha. 

@dogmom5 , I also want to get some organization done while I have the time and work isn't too busy. But I also want to sit on the couch and nap. Soooo priorities. 

@mc0303 , I really hate the stories when people say "it'll get worse". I get told it all the time and it's annoying. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    @sugarcoateddonut we are definitely not making it until midnight in this house!

@klj0228 I hope that DD feels better soon!

@Omie_Wise yes, no clean up is key! that's what I told DH I wanted for our New year's Eve food. He was suggesting appetizers made up in the crock pot, and I said I didn't want that kind of mess at the end of the night.

@dogmom5 don't get the wrong impression, since we already paid for daycare I totally sent DS to daycare Monday, Tuesday, and today. No way I could have done it with DS at home.

@legallykate oh I've been in maternity clothes since 10 weeks. But they've been in the 2 Tupperware tubs I brought up from the basement since then. So sadly it took me eight weeks to get to the point where I unpacked the tubs, packed them up with some of my normal clothes, and put maternity clothes in my dresser and closet. Enjoy your non-alcoholic champagne!

@kristah2 Have a great pizza party!

@ruemcclanahan buffalo dip, yum!

@disgruntled_pelican glad the diflucan helped and you are feeling better. We have been very careful too, but it is hard to see people gathering when your feel you can't.

@AKuzReve yes, I know they are closing out of an abundance of caution, and not because they are required to, but it still does make one hesitate and think.
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    How far along are you? 15+2

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DD is 1.5 (19 months)

Rants/Raves: Rants- I have had a migraine all day, it’s been terrible. Thankfully DH is home so he could watch DD all day. Raves- I have my 16 week anatomy scan next Wednesday, I am terrified but excited. I have to talk to MFM about the covid vaccine.

GTKY: New Years plans? No plans. I honestly can’t even remember the last tIme we went out for NYE, maybe 10 years ago. DH has to work New Year’s Day so even if it wasn’t for covid, we would be staying home anyway.

@dogmom5 I’m also still nauseous/puking, it’s terrible. With DD I puked everyday for 9 months.

@mc0303 my LO is also a handful, her new thing is climbing everything. It makes me so nervous. She also has been throwing some nasty tantrums. I have to say this is not my favorite age and I’m really nervous for a 2 year old with a newborn, they will be 25 months apart.

@hollyk224 and @AKuzReve yay for negative nipt results 

@Omie_Wise I wish I had a house elf too.

@mrsrundmc congrats on your new job, I hope your first day goes well.
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options
    @ruemcclanahan I think 2nd tri energy is a lie! I am more exhausted in 2nd trimester than I am in 1st. 

@MelissaMay82 I have my anatomy scan Wednesday too. I am interested in hearing what other people’s providers say about the vaccine. I plan to talk to my OB at my appointment and see what their stance as an office is.
  • Options
    @mrsrundmc good luck at the new job tomorrow!! Congrats!! 

@mc0303 I think each stage is equally hard, but they're all different. Everyone has different stages that they "click" with and find easier - I hated the infant stage with DS1, and every other stage was better. I think what always helps me is remembering it is a stage and will pass. 2-3 years old is hard bc developmentally kids realize they are a separate entity from you and have control over their actions, so they really will push limits. My kids found buttons with both me and DH that I never knew would make me so annoyed/mad, and it's hard to navigate your feelings about the annoying thing your kid is doing to piss you off and your feelings about yourself for reacting. There are so many fun positive things about those times that I hope I never, ever forget because they were so amazing/fun/special, and also I kept reminding myself- it's completely developmently NORMAL for your dear, beloved, perfect kid to turn into a jerk at that age- it shows they are bonded with you and trust you won't throw them away with the garbage (even though you might feel like it! 🤣). Sorry, this got long! 

@Omie_Wise I would love a house elf too!! It feels like my house hasn't been clean since March bc when I'm cleaning one room my kids are destroying another room 😭

@disgruntled_pelican right there with you about seeing other people's pictures. I have been feeling really down over the past two weeks bc we haven't seen ANYONE. Tomorrow is DS2's bday (turning 4) and he's been talking about his party and friends having cake and singing to him and I'm so, so sad he won't have that. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 14+5
    How many kids do you already have? Ages? 2 DS- 7 and DS2 will be 4 tomorrow!

Rants/Raves: been trying to get in here all week- did a ton of cleaning/reorganizing this week and pretty much any time I've been sitting either a kid is jumping on me asking me to put together a Christmas toy or I'm passed out. Glad to get back to a routine tomorrow. Rant: been pretty down this week bc of how covid affected our plans this year. We usually see a lot of family, and spend the week bw Christmas and NY going around seeing friends. I'm feeling a lot of resentment towards people in our area who aren't making the same kind of sacrifices and I don't like feeling like that. We have been keeping ds2 home from daycare since Thanksgiving (which has been a good decision- 10 kids in his class, including him, and 3 of them have been covid positive since t-giving- got from family members, not school) and I'm sad he hasn't seen his friends in so long and won't see them for his birthday tomorrow. This all just sucks and I'm over it. 

We usually get together with 2 couples and their kids- been doing it every year since 2008. Obviously didn't this year. Kids tried to stay up to midnight but got too cranky around 1030 so we put them to bed 😆 our oven died on Jan 1 (3rd appliance to die on Jan 1 in the 9 years we've owned the house) so that seems to be a NY tradition for us lol.
  • Options
    @legallykate I am super lazy with the toy rotations. We have cabinets in our playroom but at our old, much smaller house, it was just a closet. My 3.5 will ask for specific toys and I make him swap out with something already out. When I switch them I put away the toys that I don’t see them playing with and put out something else. I try and do only 1 or 2 small parts toys and only 1 “system”, like duplos, trains, roads. Sometimes stuff just gets out and the mess gets overwhelming and that’s my cue to put away a bunch of stuff. 
    Pregnancy Ticker