May 2021 Moms
Options

What my pregnant self is eating...

been a while since we've had one of these threads, any strange cravings lately?
50 Funny Pregnancy Memes That Will Make You Pee Without Even Sneezing

Re: What my pregnant self is eating...

• Options
    This baby is making me crave all the Tehini, which is so strange. It's always been something I'll eat if it's around, but never sought out. Now I'm having it on bread, pretzels, french fries, tater tots. Basically anything I can find.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't been craving any "odd" combinations, but my sweet tooth has been out of control 😳 have been craving pudding and cocoa puffs lol
  • Options
    I've been feeling like I need more animal protein / protein generally the past few weeks and wondering why that is. I listened to a podcast this morning (link) that featured an OB who's also a nutritionist and she said that our blood production really ramps up in second tri, and that we need a lot of iron to hit that 40% more blood figure we hear we produce during pregnancy so I think that's why I've been wanting more protein.

Last week I had grass-fed chili while I had some bean/tofu chili for DH (who eats fish but no meat) and this week I'll have chicken meatballs for lunches and we have seafood, lentils and tofu on the meal plan for our dinners.

I've been waiting for quirky cravings to crop up but they really haven't...other than wanting a couple milkshakes, Chicken Biskit crackers that one week, and drinking anything but water during first tri, I haven't craved anything weird I could blame on the baby.  :D
  • Options
    my cravings have been italian ice, cinnamon toast crunch and cupcakes.  All the things I'm not allowed to have!

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    @ec1212 I've been wanting beef.  Steak, pot roast, etc.  That's after not wanting to even be in the same room as meat for the first 15 weeks.  So, that must be it!

Also, I bought some blueberries last week and I can't get enough of them!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t I also couldn't look at meat or fish first tri and am also on a big berry kick!! I really think for the most part our "cravings" point to things we need. There are obvious exceptions lol, but I try to listen to them. 
  • Options
    @ec1212 You mean my body DOESN'T need all the gummy bears I've been eating? This is questionable logic.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t no lie I just ate a gummy bear. In my defense, they're fancy Sugarfina ones a friend sent us and they fell over and opened into the cabinet where I hid them...so they wanted to be eaten.
  • Options
    i just ate half a container of chips ahoy.  my excuse for this and many other things: "baby wants it"
    i wouldn't even call it a craving, this isn't far off from my normal palate lol
  • Options
    Sweets. My pregnant self eats sweets because my fiancé keeps bringing them in (ok I've baked some too...). I feel like I'd be doing really good though if we didnt6have them in the house!!
  • Options
    I have at least two dozen cookies left from Christmas baking and nobody, including myself, seems driven to eat them. 😆

Well except for my toddler who points to them whining, until I distract him or give in and give him a quarter of a cookie. 

I just want to eat, but I haven't figured out what. Maybe I should go to work on those cookies before they go stale. 
  • Options
    The only consistent new craving I’ve had is tea, I used to hate tea. Now I can’t drink enough of the hot wild sweet orange tea from Tazo 🤤 

Then I usually just crave random things. I’ve always had a bad addiction to candy and that’s been no exception.. I’ve been buying a lot of skittles, starburst and gummy worms! 
  • Options
    I’m on a massive baking kick. Even though I avoid caffeine, I did put a cup of coffee in the chocolate cake I just baked and it definitely kept me up last night (maybe it was also because my “slice” of cake was giant). My cravings aren’t that strong otherwise though! Still occasionally need a pickle or a few olives.