August 2021 Moms

Pregnancy Announcements

emmylou78emmylou78 member
edited December 2020 in August 2021 Moms
How or when are you announcing? 

Did you spill to family over the holiday or are you keeping it under wraps for a little bit longer? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pregnancy Announcements

• We haven’t told anyone yet. We will probably tell around Valentines Day again this time (my DD is also an August baby). I don’t know how we will tell yet but that’s probably around when we will tell family. We won’t be putting anything on SM until at least Easter if not waiting until random pictures we post show the belly. 
  • MH was bursting to announce to his family over the holiday, so after going back and forth, we told his family, which also meant we had to tell DD too. It made me nervous to tell her without a US first, but I guess we’ll have to navigate that later if need be. 

• Loading the player...
  • We've told immediate family so both sets of parents and our siblings. We haven't told DD yet though cause otherwise the whole world will know 🤣
  • Haven't told anyone. We will likely wait until February (after 11/12 week US). 
  • PanaceiaPanaceia member
    edited December 2020
    We never announce. Just let people sort of figure it out on their own. Plus loss history makes me very gun shy in that department. I love seeing other people's announcements though. I might try to figure out a cute way to tell the girls if we get through the first ultrasound and NIPT at the end of January:)

ETA Typos:/
  • Saaaame @gingermama29. DD would’ve blabbed it so it needed to be all or nothing. But 2 of the people we were telling are forgetful and I was worried they would accidentally tell DD if I hadn’t! It went from excitement of being a big sister, to absolute tears and wailing later, but she’s back to being excited again. Only child syndrome 😂
  • We’ll announce at 12 weeks.  Not sure how and not thinking about it till we know we can get there.

Our families know, told them a week or so ago.  My family was so incredibly helpful during our losses so I’m comfortable telling them.  DH’s parents didn’t know we were pregnant with our MC’s and only found out because the ectopic was pretty dramatic with two emergency surgeries.  With DS and this pregnancy we told them early on so they could enjoy some of the excitement instead of just the sadness.  
    Also all my close friends and my mama’s from Oct 19 BMB
  • I didn’t do a social media post last time, although I think they are super cute. I didn’t even tell coworkers until I was almost 6 months 😂. This pregnancy is under a lot different circumstances, so we’ll be telling people earlier I’m sure. Plus me and DH work together and he’s so excited. 
  • We’ve announced to our immediate family (parents and siblings), but no friends or anything yet. We figured we’d want them to know regardless of what happens. With my daughter, we announced on social media at 12 weeks for Christmas. 12 weeks this time around puts us at Valentine’s Day. A part of me wants to announce then, but another part of me wants to wait longer. I’m working from home due to covid, so it’ll be much easier to hide from people this time haha. I’m feeling more nervous for some reason, so just taking things day by day. I think this pandemic is just making everything more stressful in general. 
  • I’ve been so torn about when to tell people! Really want to wait but so tempted to spill. Haven’t told anyone yet, I’ve gone back and forth on telling my parents pretty soon because we see them weekly and it’ll be a hassle to hide it. I’ll probably tell my best girlfriends within the next few weeks as well. Everyone else (H’s family, our wider friend group, work) will get the memo when we hit the second trimester mark I think, and I doubt we’ll do a social media announcement of any sort... if people care to notice they’ll just see a bump or a baby start showing up in my pics, haha.
  • We won’t tell anyone until around 12 weeks.  We might tell parents after we hear the heartbeat around 10 or 11.  I probably won’t get an ultrasound until the anatomy scan, so I’d rather just wait.  We just tell people rather than announcing, although we had such a cute video of dd saying “I’m going to have a baby brother” that we posted that on Instagram around 22 weeks (most family and friends already knew).
  • We told my parents and my in laws on Christmas Day. A few of my closest friends know already. I’m not a huge social media person but I’ll probably do something once I’m big enough that you can tell from pictures. With my DS we announced around 25ish weeks. 
  • We told our parents and my sil's family on Christmas Eve. We had DS wear a shirt saying best brother ever since we know they'd like to be helpful and more around after our last loss. We won't announce until at least 13 weeks. We announced with DS after the A/S on fb because of a late loss I had.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • It's important to us that our kids know first.  Even though they're young, they still are our closest family and the ones who will be most effected by the change of adding another human to the house.  It's also always important for our older kids to meet baby before other family does.  I told my youngest (he turns 2 next month) that he's gonna be a big brother, but he's not even 2, he doesn't get it or care like the 3.5 and 5 year old will.

That said, we want to wait until we get the genetic testing to find out if baby is a girl or boy.  It'll be 3-4 weeks before we know that, so we'll tell the kids then and just tell them they can tell whoever they want and see who they tell first.  We didn't really announce with our last baby (#3), we just waited til people asked mostly because our kids were 2.5 and 9 months when we found out, so they were told but didn't really care much.  
  • edited December 2020
    We haven’t told anyone yet. In fact I got A LOT of comments over the holiday from family about the fact that I’m not pregnant yet. We thought about telling but it’s too early, I haven’t even had my first prenatal appointment yet.

We are going to tell my husband’s best friend later today though. She just got engaged and she’s always wanted my husband to officiate her wedding so we don’t want her to pick and date and then have to say we can’t make it. Plus I trust her not to tell anyone else and if something goes wrong she will respect my privacy and not ask questions/want me to talk about (which is the main reason we are waiting until February to tell our families). 

We don’t live near anyone so we’ll just be calling people to tell them when we do announce. Maybe we’ll do it over zoom with my in-laws since they love to video chat.
  • I’ve told my sister. I always tell her right after testing. We’re only 17 months apart and incredibly close. 
    We haven’t told anyone else yet. We’ll tell family after US. BUT...my mom’s and MIL’s birthdays are in February, so we may do it then? I don’t know. Depends on how long I can keep the secret! I never do a big SM announcement, but we may this time? We’ll see. 
  • My husband wanted to wait even though his big mouth let everyone know last time. I’m horrible with secrets anyway. I told my sister and cousin since I was there when my sister took her PT and got her BFP my cousin told us immediately as well. I also let a couple friends know since same circumstances. He doesn’t know I spilled the beans, he might have suspicion but my friends live in 2 different states and don’t know my family. I’m a little unsure with MIL since she shares everything with even complete strangers but I’m sure he will let her know. I just don’t want her announcing on SM since I want to do that around 12-16 weeks which is what I did with youngest DD. With my oldest I believe I was 8 weeks or so but I was in high school and needed to tell family right away for obvious reasons. 
  • I really want to tell someone desperately (my sister or best friend), but I also love having this personal secret just between my husband and me.  Its really messing with my mind!!!!

I kinda want to get my kids "boy 1"  "girl 1" shirts, and get me a shirt with "tie breaker" on the belly. And just wait until someone notices when we go over my parents house. OR hide an ultrasound pic with no names on it somewhere in their house, like the microwave or under the toilet seat and let everyone go nuts wondering who it is (could be my sis, SIL, or me)  :D
  • mamabear67mamabear67 member
    edited January 2021
    @Eveinshock We are doing tie breaker with the shirts!! Super cute.  Waiting until after my ultrasound though before we tell the kids
  • @thekymack that is SO adorable!!  What a great idea!  Did you do something similar with your other kidos?  
    Stranger Danger it does list your full names and state you live in.  😬