May 2021 Moms

STM+ Check In 12/30

Hey guys! Do we want to keep doing the STM check in? This is such a small group and it kind of feels redundant. I'm happy to continue posting if everyone wants to keep it!

How far along are you?

How many kids do you already have? Ages?

Rants/Raves:

GTKY: Do you set New Year's resolutions? If so, what are some of yours going into 2021?

Re: STM+ Check In 12/30

• How far along are you? 21+4

How many kids do you already have? Ages? One daughter who will be 3 in a week.

Rants/Raves: Not really much to rant or rave about today.

GTKY: Do you set New Year's resolutions? If so, what are some of yours going into 2021? I don't really do resolutions. Usually we set a list of house projects to try to complete but since we're transitioning from 1 to 3 kids, that will be limited to the bathroom we're already working on and the nursery; anything else we can get done is a bonus. As far as goals for 2021 I really just want to come out of it with my sanity mostly intact!
  • I feel like all the threads have been slow. Seems we just have a quiet month. Things have been crazy at work, so I haven't been able to participate as much as I would have wanted. So maybe give it another week or two? But I understand if you want to stop.

How far along are you? 19+6

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 3 boys, 4, 3, and 1

Rants/Raves: Rave: My nanny just asked if she could come in on Friday, so now I need to figure out what I want to accomplish!

Rant: we loved the pre-school my boys went to last year, but they didn't open this year thanks to COVID. They announced that they are planning on re-opening for 2021-2022, but have not yet given any official dates or plans or anything. I'm not really happy with the school DS#1 is in now, but their registration closes soon. I really hope the school we like gets their act together soon. This year things were so crazy we didn't get the boys into schools until they were already starting, and I don't want to go through that again. The rational part of my brains knows that we won't, (there were a lot of extenuating circumstances.) but I can't help but worry about it...

GTKY: Do you set New Year's resolutions? If so, what are some of yours going into 2021? Not now, I set resolutions at the Jewish New Year, and usually they're one practical area I want to do better, and one area of religious observance I want to be better.

@gusgus14 I'm so impressed you do your own home renovation, DH is really handy, but too busy to undertake big projects. We're have a kitchen redo planned, but we had just started the planning in the summer when the contractor's wife got sick, and he dropped off the face of the earth. So now we need to find a new contractor, and just don't have time to research it properly.
  • Loading the player...
  • @mrosek91 oh I'm not worried about the boards being slow, I just know we're a smaller group (my last BMB had 60+ super active members) and we have the other weekly check ins where we put the same info. I don't even think we have a FTM check in either. But I'm 100% fine continuing if people want to. I just thought I'd throw it out there!

And thanks! We've saved so much money on labor by doing things ourselves but on the flipside, it takes us a lot longer than it would if we hired someone else and there's never not a construction zone in some part of our house  :D It doesn't bother us though. 

I hope the school you guys like announces their plans soon!
  • edited December 2020
    I never thought of that, FTM mothers thread, that's a good idea. I like the STM check-in because I feel like I can talk about my kid issues in a place where others understand. The multiple weeks seemed redundant because they are practically the same, but PGAL, AMA, FTM,  STM, Canadian check-ins all serve different purposes. And different GTKY questions are fun. It helps when the board is slow. 

How far along are you? 17w 3d

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DS, 15 months

Rants/Raves: I finally started to cut my grass today after at least 4 months of its random slow growth. My DS doesn't nap a lot so it's harder to fit it in during his naps and my MIL is here for the holidays so I have an extra hand. It went great until I ran out of weed eater line. (Small yard, grass only grows at the base of the house, very slowly.) So I have a tiny stretch in the back that I probably won't cut for another couple of months. I miss my STIHL weedereater, I do not like corded anything to do with grass. I could buy more line but covid cases hit 4,500 in one day, which for a country of 4 million is very substantial. Not planning on leaving the house until my husband returns. Other than early morning walks in our gated community. 

GTKY: Do you set New Year's resolutions? If so, what are some of yours going into 2021? Not really. I find I'm more successful if I start right away and don't wait for a special date to start. For my DS my goal was to learn conversational Chinese by the time he was born. Failed, I really should try again, there are still 5 more months. Those apps all say, 3 months to learn a language, so maybe there is still hope.
  • How far along are you? 22+4

How many kids do you already have? Ages?

3 kids: 14DD, 9DD, 4DS 

Rants/Raves: I would love to send my kids somewhere so DH and I could have some alone time. But with covid numbers, they’re pretty much stuck with us all the time. 

GTKY: Do you set New Year's resolutions? If so, what are some of yours going into 2021? Usually, yes. My resolution this year is to say ‘yes’ more often to invitations (once the vaccine is going strong). 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @yellingbanana That would be nice, kidless for awhile. When my husband left that was our plan for my SIL. Since she's on school vacation while he's gone she was was going to spend different weeks at some other friends houses since we can't really go anywhere, but at least she could get a change of scenery. But in the last two weeks our daily covid numbers have doubled and yesterday, tripled. So we are stuck in the house. 
  • How far along are you? 22+1

How many kids do you already have? Ages? Two, 7yo DS & 3yo DD. 

Rants/Raves: currently annoyed at the lack of new movies to watch😂 

GTKY: Do you set New Year's resolutions? If so, what are some of yours going into 2021? No. I'm honestly just really bad at setting goals in general. 

• How far along are you? 21w4d

How many kids do you already have? Ages? Caleb is 5 and Owen is 2

Rants/Raves: I got a call at 3:50 yesterday that Owen threw up at daycare.  I went and picked him up and aside from being extra whiny, he was acting alright and no fever.  Buttttt, he threw up again at 7 and again at 10:30 in the bed.  It was soooo sad :(  Thankfully, he slept for the rest of the night with no more throw ups! We'll see how today is.  My husband was off today at at home with our oldest, so Owen stayed home with them. I'm here at work alone, lol.

GTKY: Do you set New Year's resolutions? If so, what are some of yours going into 2021? I sometimes randomly do.  I don't know about this year, though, lol.  Survive?
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @gusgus14 I completely understand that it can feel redundant, but I feel like this board is so slow, if we take away too many threads it will collapse. Maybe make it something less formal. Just ask how many kids/ages, the gtky, and then anything STM mom specific to discuss? or just take away all the prompts, and let people discuss STM stuff.
    @littlelibelula I'm so impressed you do the yardwork. DH does ours, and if he was gone for any length of time, I would 1,000% contract that out.
    @yellingbanana I know, DH and I haven't had a date night in probably at least a year and a half, (we were waiting for DS#3 to be old enough to not nurse at bedtime, and then covid) and it sucks. At what age do you plan on letting your oldest start babysitting? That may be a way to get some alone time.
    @nbcarlson what kind of movies do you watch? Have you seen Soul yet? It's on my list, but I have to talk DH around, and then we have to find time. I'm weird but I don't like watching movies alone.
    @texas_t No! sick kids are the worst. I'm so sorry. I hope you saw the last of it, and he has a good day.
  • @mrosek91 works for me! Like I said, I'm totally fine continuing I just wanted to throw it out there. 
  • yellingbananayellingbanana member
    edited December 2020
    @texas_t oof. That poor little guy! And poor you! Barfing is the worst! Good luck 🍀 

@mrosek91 luckily my 14yr dd already babysits for me! It’s great! But what I really want is the kids out of my house for like an hour so DH and I can hide in our room and DTD! We have to be like sneaky teenagers over here trying to get some snuggly time in! 
    Also, there are no dine-in restaurants right now, and haven’t been for a couple of months? Plus movies are closed. Indoor activities are pretty much closed. So once in a while we will go grocery shopping and grab food to eat in the truck. Not quite an ideal date, but better than nothing. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @mrosek91 My mom is an avid gardener and she always did the yard work. So it's normal for me, plus our garden is ridiculously small. And I spent 5 summers cutting grass and gardening, I really enjoy being outside. 
  • @mrosek91 we have Soul on our list to watch with the kids but with all their new toys they haven't wanted to sit down and watch with us lol. 

• How far along are you? 20+2

How many kids do you already have? Ages? One DS who is 2

Rants/Raves: DH and I both have 4 days off together which so rarely happens! So we decided to try potty training DS and so far it's gone terribly. He refuses to sit on the potty even though he will tell us when he has to go. He loves the pull-ups so I guess we just keep trying 😫.

GTKY: Do you set New Year's resolutions? If so, what are some of yours going into 2021? Not really...this year our goal is to just finish settling in to our new house (need to paint DS's room, get him a new bookshelf, do the nursery). We will also do landscaping in the spring/summer because our house has zero landscaping.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Our preferred school opened registration today! Whoop! Whoop!!!
    It's amazing the things you find exciting once you become a parent.
  • @mrosek91 nice!! That is exciting!!
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017