March 2021 Moms
Options

Meal Plan Monday

What's on the menu for this week? Any holiday dinners planned?
TTC history in spoiler
Me: 31 Him: 37
Married: Oct 2015
Baby G born June 2017
TTC#2: July 2018
BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: Meal Plan Monday

• Options
    yesterday was pasta night, tonight H is making burgers. I think tomorrow is baked salmon, and not sure about wednesday. Thursday, we are going out for christmas eve dinner at a local italian restaurant and then friday I'm trying my hand at a rib roast in the instant pot!  Has anyone ever made one before? I keep reading/watching as many recipes as possible so I can feel comfortable with it but I still feel like I'm going to mess it up. I probably should have done a test run beforehand  :#   I've done pot roast before, but I feel like that's more forgiving...
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Options
    I am making chicken parmesan on Christmas because it's the one meal that my husband and daughter both love. 

I love experimenting with the instant pot (or foodi, we have both lol). We get a lot of recipes/instruction from youtube, otherwise we'd have no idea how to use those things 😅 😂

Mama's doing store bought cookie dough this year which is highly uncharacteristic of me but I am TIRED so it's gonna have to do 🤣
    DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Christmas is going to be steak tips, roast potatoes and carrots, salad, cheesecake, cheesy dinner rolls, and brownies. Just for the 2 of us. We are still trying to figure out Christmas Eve. Usually his mom and sister make prime rib so we're missing out on that. 
  • Options
    Christmas Eve I’m doing brown butter scallops with Parmesan risotto and sautéed kale. Christmas Day is up to my MIL!! I’ll probably do cinnamon rolls in the morning for us though. 
  • Options
    Christmas breakfast will be bacon, eggs, and mini croissants/pain au chocolat. We’re sticking traditional for dinner even though it’s just us, so a (small) turkey, stuffing, scalloped potatoes, a cauliflower/squash mash, and a broccoli and bacon salad!
  • Options
    Just asked hubby what his plan for breakfast is and he says our usual Saturday morning breakfast - egg scramble. 
  • Options
    Christmas has come and gone but I still love these food posts! For Christmas Eve we did a two tier raclette grill at home. We grilled meat and vegetables on the top of the grill and melted raclette cheese in coupelles to slather on top of potatoes. I couldn’t move after dinner but still managed to get some sticky toffee pudding in. For Christmas dinner we used the grill again for a a mixed seafood platter. It’s been years since I had a big juicy scallop and it was amazing. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @redselig that sounds delicious!!

anyone have any NYE/New Year's dinners planned?  Thinking of roasting a leg of lamb (per my husband's request)...
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Options
    Our NYE dinner is going to be a bunch of appetizers - shrimp cocktail, mozzarella sticks, a cheese ball, etc. Simple, delicious, and less than nutritious! 
  • Options
    We are ordering Chinese earlier in the day and just reheating stuff in the air fryer for dinner. That reminds me that we need to figure out who's open and what to order so a call can be made quickly tomorrow afternoon. 
  • Options
    @kloe818 this sounds like my kind of plan. 😊
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We always do appetizers through the evening rather than a proper meal - I think we’ll go minimalist this year and just do a charcuterie and cheese board. DH bought some sparkling non alcoholic wine as well which is sweet. But let’s be honest, we’ll be in bed by 10pm 😅
  • Options
    @finnflan We MIGHT make it to midnight since most weekend nights we're up til at least 11. I really do want to witness this year leaving our systems, just to be sure. Hopefully 2021 will suck less. That's all I can ask for now.
  • Options
    Ugh! Reading this thread had me so haaangry! I've been just wanting to indulge in a really big meal...but can't decide what I want am way to exhausted to actually make something. I've been meaning to order out...but then the whole exhausted thing keeps me from leaving the house. I'm really craving onion rings- the smooth, beer battered kind.